It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots: BlackBerry to help police probe Messenger looting 'role'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Lets just get one thing straight, these riots have nothing to do with the shooting earlier in the week. The tottenham riot, yes, maybe, but these morons are just seizing the opportunity to grab some free stuff.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
Lets just get one thing straight, these riots have nothing to do with the shooting earlier in the week. The tottenham riot, yes, maybe, but these morons are just seizing the opportunity to grab some free stuff.

I agree, just like the greedy banking cabal and the big corporations who are defrauding and stealing every last penny they can from the ordinary people, and their children and grandchildren in the future. These are the biggest thugs of all.

edit on 8-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

So you see what these people are doing pales in comparison to the greedy banks. Let them rob the stores and burn vehicles and the situation will go away. These people need to be satisfied.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This malignancy of orchestrated chaos is a classic example of 'agent provocateur' activities.
i will not surmise a master but the standard puppeteers get my vote.
just one more well-organized and executed false flag that will accomplish more than one goal.
it is my hope that saner minds prevail, yet, fully recognize the fuse that has been lit and it ain't very long.

condolences and prayers for all the loss, but try to remember, a new beginning is upon you, don't waste the opportunity for improvement

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

I agree the UK Gobernment would love to have a reason to force Blackberry to give up their messages.Wouldnt surprise me if they tried to blame facebook and twitter to. I dont know if the Uk Government has a formal agreement with those companys.

edit on 8-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Facebook and Twitter are not encrypted.

You may recall India tried to ban Blackberries since the Pakistani terrorists used them. My recollection is in India, BBM can be decrypted due to software modifications made by RIM, but not blackberry email Note on a blackberry, email is very fast since they have "push" email. I'm assuming the rioters were just regular Blackberry users and not corporate "enterprise" users. On enterprise, the BBM can't be decrypted. RIM can certainly show which handsets were communicating on BBM, but I wouldn't bet on the messages being decoded.

SInce the cops started to download smarphones during routine traffic stops, I have turned on all the encryption on my Blackberry. The encoding key is created in a manner where you don't even know the key that you have created. The key is generated by moving the mouse (trackpad) around. The police could ask me for the password to the phone. Of course, I won't give it. They are welcome to waterboard me.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

So you see what these people are doing pales in comparison to the greedy banks. Let them rob the stores and burn vehicles and the situation will go away. These people need to be satisfied.

Well, your comment shows clearly how you allow yourself to be driven by prejudice. I have never said 'let them rob the stores, etc.....', nor have I condoned the violence. That is simply your own prejudice putting words into my mouth and attributing intentions which I simply do not have.

No, I don't condone the violence - and yes, I do think what the banksters are doing is infinitely, infinitely worse.
You seem to be a long, long way from having even an inkling of what is really going on in our world,

If it's ok with you that the global banking cartel, the corporatocracy and the industrial-military criminals are systematically, deliberately destroying our economies, our cultures, our societies and our planet because of their lust for power and greed, that's your choice. It's not ok by me and I won't allow them and their MSM propaganda mouthpiece to divert my attention from the real criminals of this world,

edit on 9-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
This malignancy of orchestrated chaos is a classic example of 'agent provocateur' activities.
i will not surmise a master but the standard puppeteers get my vote.
just one more well-organized and executed false flag that will accomplish more than one goal.
it is my hope that saner minds prevail, yet, fully recognize the fuse that has been lit and it ain't very long.

condolences and prayers for all the loss, but try to remember, a new beginning is upon you, don't waste the opportunity for improvement

Thank you, Honor, for this post.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee

i totally agree with you here .... these scumbags are doing this knowing theres not enough man power in our police force to deter it all ..... rumour has it that the guy who got shot was going to shoot another bloke so if thats the case i aint got no sympathy (only for his freinds and family who are left picking up the pieces)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
In an ideal world, the people that lived in those flats would have filed out with their shotguns and rifles. Then formed a line around the apartment when the rioters approached. When the first rioter threw a firebomb, or tried charging the line, they would open up and mow them all down. And I would be cheering them on!

Not another American keyboard commando talking pure deluded hoplophiliac fantasy.

The situation you describe is ludicrous. You are saying that, if everybody was armed, every law abiding citizen would form a ring of steel around their houses and businesses for days on end, in the off-chance that someone was going to petrol-bomb their places of residence or work ?

Do you realise how ridiculous and far from reality your scenario is ?

If everybody carried a gun, then that would include the scores of rioters. The majority of people getting mowed down would be law-abiding citizens.

When everybody is armed, all criminals would use guns as a matter of course when committing their crimes. Armed criminals will always steal the march on their armed law-abiding victims, because they have the element of surprise. Criminals would just modify their methods of attack if they suspected that their victim was carrying a firearm.

Why can't some of you understand this ?!

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
But that’s right, in the UK you can’t own guns for self defense, so you just have to run for your little life and hope no one kills you or your family for sport.

One person gets murdered by firearms in the US every 58 minutes. One person gets murdered by firearms in the UK every 8 to 9 days. Even factoring in the difference in population, you are 40 times more likely to be shot dead in the US than in Britain.

I think I prefer our method of ''self-defence'' to your kamikaze version.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

They would love to have better control over all social networking.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

In an ideal world, the people that lived in those flats would have filed out with their shotguns and rifles. Then formed a line around the apartment when the rioters approached. When the first rioter threw a firebomb, or tried charging the line, they would open up and mow them all down. And I would be cheering them on!

I dont remember seeing many shop owners out protecting their businesses during the LA riots or during Katrina.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
yep blame blackberry the fact that the police have had 333 deaths in custody since 1998 and not a single conviction of any police officer has nothing to do with it..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

During the LA riots (regarding Rodney King), the Korean shopkeepers were absolutely armed.

New Orleans is totally different. The infrastructure failed and law enforcement went rogue.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

So in both instances a lot of ordianry Americans didnt protect thier buisnesses which was the point i was making. There may have been a few that did but the majority didnt. Just having guns does not help in these circumstances as not everyone wants to have a shooting match except maybe a few small family bussinesses who dont have insurance.

If a mob of youths wants to loot and roit theres not a lot anyone can do to stop them. Unless of course there is martial law declared and the goverment are willing to kill thier own citizens for the sake of peace.

edit on 9-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

You can't shoot a looter to protect property in the US, well legally that is. You can only shoot in self defense.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

In Texas it is legal, and in Louisiana, it is legal as long as you are inside the building being looted as you kill the looters.

In all the other states, it falls back on the castle doctrine for judgment. AKA self defense.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

kinda almost right ... depends on if the looter threatens you, is armed or endangers your person and it also depends in which state you're located.

in my state, if you aggressively loot my home (home invasion) or business, there is a law that does allow me to shoot first, provided i feel or perceive my life is threatened.
this law even applies in my vehicle ... you suffer road rage and approach with intent to harm, i can legally fire. you enter my boarded business and show intent to harm, i can fire. you toss a molotov my way, better hope you can outrun the bullet coming back at ya.

To those who mentioned Katrina - no comparison ... law enforcement were instructed to confiscate personal weaponry
(many officers refused to comply - cheers to the OathKeepers - y'all give me hope)

People were injured and did die via gunshot during the looting but it wasn't the citizens doing the shooting ... source
Update: source

As a matter of record, a case is currently pending in the 'system' challenging the Constitutionality of actions as demonstrated by the NO police/enforcement at that time ... source

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

The gun confiscation was spotty. Not all cops were instructed to take the guns. I don't know how New Orleans law enforcement is set up, but it sounds like they have both police and the sheriff. There are towns with both police and a sheriff dept (San Francisco) with overlapping regions of authority. Vegas has places under control of Metro, and other spots under control of the sheriff, such as the airport.

Here is a video to remind those of the gun confiscation:
www.youtube.com...

Not mentioned in the video, but Blackwater was confiscating guns too.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

i often reside in an area with multiple LEO departments ... city PD, Sheriff & FHP
but, in a declared 'state of emergency', things change and quickly.
sadly and far too often, the right hand doesn't even know if the left hand functions
(state/fed/local)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talon666
the whole reason they are having these riots is because those pigs shot and killed a man in the public eye. i hope a revolution like this happens where i live... i cant wait to take back whats mine..... FREEDOM!

Oh, you mean the man with a gun? Oh, poor chap. Those nasty Police, acting on intelligence that a known gang member has a gun (and actually find he has a gun then have it waived at them) gun him down mercillesly.

How is it you can have any sympathy? And a man in the "public eye"? What do you mean by that?

And how is stealing "taking back what's yours"? By that definition, I can break into your house, take yout TV and have my way with your missus just because I want "whats mine"....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join