It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK RIOTS : AREAS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by michael1983l

I think the Police retreated and/or rendered useless because of PAY BACK.....their big Police Chiefs resigned because of the News Corp/Murdoch scandal.

Lo and behold, both Cameron and his Dep are on HOLIDAYS !!!

Someone's heads WILL roll over after this! I hope it's Cameron, Clegg and Osbourne !

If Brown had been re-elected we would now be sporting the same credit rating the US is. All those that fall for this class war #e make me laugh. The current government have made some harsh cuts but it is what the country needed to keep investors confident that we will pay our loans back. Had the rating got downgraded, the lending stream from bonds would dry up as investors would see us as a risk, then invuluntary cuts accross the board would happen, is that a better alternative?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winged-Sphinx
reply to post by VraxUK

Dude nothing happens in norwich..

NOTHING!

Dreams are made in Norwich, note Carrow Road

But yes, you are right.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm Alan Partridge AH HA!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabadeano
I feel that this could spread like wildfire

Also, your thoughts?
edit on 8-8-2011 by Zabadeano because: (no reason given)

Certainly can and probably will. Entitlement generation thinking that if they can riot, so can we. Anything for a bit of mayhem, vandalism and looting

Part of me can't help but feel it's just another step towards a police state.

35 arrested so far in Birmingham, but no injuries.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Head Boy Cameron and his Fag Clegg should thank theyre lucky stars they can afford a holiday ! In these times most people can't !
A lot of people this winter will have two choices, they can either freeze to death or starve to death !

The population has had enough and it only needed a 'trigger' to start it all off !
Yes the shooting on Thursday started the initial riot but now it has lead on to bigger things at hand.
I don't condone the burning of peoples livelihoods and homes by any means, but when people become desperate and they have had enough this is what can, and will happen !
History repeats, always, remember that !

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeMoveUnseen
I'm Alan Partridge AH HA!

Another reason why Norwich is awesome, 2-0!

I read somewhere yesterday there was over £100 million of damage? What will the figure be tomorrow? Its a joke.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Really?

Then you better read this:

Great Britain has plenty of tax payer's money to pay families of Palestinian suicide families but not enough for decent healthcare in the UK! The hospital system in the UK right now is shocking to say the least...due to budget cuts people's lives are being lost in hospitals daily...........while families of suicide families live another day before another puts a bomb belt and step aboard a bus!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The way I see it....Cameron must step down; it's just one year away from the Oylmpic Games; it's obvious this massive rioting is not enough for Cameron to fly home from his holiday; people's livelihoods are getting looted and destroyed....Police are retreating and just letting the looters get away with blue murder; where's the friggin Military?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Head Boy is coming back from his hollybobs !

Announced earlier !

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Really?

Then you better read this:

Great Britain has plenty of tax payer's money to pay families of Palestinian suicide families but not enough for decent healthcare in the UK! The hospital system in the UK right now is shocking to say the least...due to budget cuts people's lives are being lost in hospitals daily...........while families of suicide families live another day before another puts a bomb belt and step aboard a bus!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The way I see it....Cameron must step down; it's just one year away from the Oylmpic Games; it's obvious this massive rioting is not enough for Cameron to fly home from his holiday; people's livelihoods are getting looted and destroyed....Police are retreating and just letting the looters get away with blue murder; where's the friggin Military?

It is funny you mention the NHS as that is one of two areas that had its budget increased not cut. The other area is foreign aide which is a touchy one, however the money generally goes to people less fortunate than Brits and the bigger picture suggests that if you help people to improve their own position it will eventually reap rewards. The more educated and affluent the 3rd world become the more benefit it has on countries like ours.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I live in London
This has nothing to do with the shooting or social unrest, this is purely opportunist anarchists who want to have a fight and lot and steal anything they can

Delby

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Not to mention foreign relations Michael!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Britain got wealthy off the back of slavery, it is only right we try to give something back.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Stop living in the past, this is happening now

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Britain got wealthy off the back of slavery, it is only right we try to give something back.

No britain got wealthy of the opium triangle.Hardly made any cash off slavery in comparison.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

If healthcare has increased then where the hell is the money going to?

As for these riots....they are all thugs with no respect for the law or their fellow man & woman. Military should go in and take care of it....with all eyes closed.
edit on 8-8-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

I agree with your sentiments but I also hear that many of the 'rioters' are young kids. eg at the age where they hate school and don't have a thought about their futures.

I also agree with the earlier person who wrote that this arson will probably include a number of people who will cheerfully set their own businesses on fire for the insurance.

I suspect that the Police are quite deliberately playing it cool simply because with all the surveillance cameras and tapping into Facebook, Twitter and mobiles, there will be a clear communicaton line between rioters and many of these people will quietly be arrested when they hear the knock on the door early morning. How many lives will ultimately be ruined once they get a record for arson or looting is anyones guess.

Ultimately though it is our government's failure that this is happening. Their open door policy on immigration has simply meant that we have too many people chasing too few jobs and they are going to have to find something for the spare labour we have accumulated to do. Had they have invested in creating jobs and backed business instead of only the banks at least some of these kids would have had a future to look forward to. Still I expect we will be needing a few more road sweepers.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I agree on your second point, the army should be mobilised NOW. As for the cash, well the NHS takes by far of the biggest share of budget... I think it is over £9 Billion. Too many managers and not eought doctors and nurses is the problem. Cut the beuocracy and sevices will improve. Britian's NHS is the highest funded free health service in the world I believe.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Safe in Notting Hill

Bunch of fools!! The cops have been WAY too nice so far. I have mates telling me there's not a cop around in some areas, and people are starting to break windows. Clapham Junction's a mess...
edit on 8-8-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
No riots in Coventry, police on Twitter are saying there is no disorder in Coventry - Here

Lets hope it stays like that!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think what we really need now, is more spending cuts for the cops! Clearly, we have too many of them, and they're too well equipped.

CUT THE DEFICIT...wait...what?!!

On topic: Sirens in Balham now...
edit on 8-8-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join