It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Agrees To Host, Pay $50,000 Toward Concert For Atheist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What are your thoughts to this article? I recall when I was an Atheist reading an article how all U.S soldiers had to attend concerts by Christians. Go by my word because I read that article in 2009.
Article!

In a win for military atheists (or “free thinkers” as they like to be called), U.S. Army officials have come on board to support “Rock Beyond Belief” — a concert being planned for nonbelievers and their enthusiasts at Fort Bragg in North Carolina. This development, which is sure to appease atheists, came after some church-state separation groups petitioned the Secretary of the Army last month.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
My thoughts aren't fit to write on a public board. I'll have to settle with simply saying that the people making these decisions need reminded from time to time that real Soldiers are without real supplies and support they desperately need both over there and after they get home. $50k could go a long way toward doing a lot of good...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
My thoughts aren't fit to write on a public board. I'll have to settle with simply saying that the people making these decisions need reminded from time to time that real Soldiers are without real supplies and support they desperately need both over there and after they get home. $50k could go a long way toward doing a lot of good...

Here, Here!

I'd rather be a believer as a soldier than not with such a great chance of dying, you could end up meeting your maker anytime. Wonder what he'd say if you didnt believe?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Churches, mosques and such are given their place and time on all military posts. Something lending itself to fellowship should be provided for the brave men and women who do not share in religious beliefs. Atheists die and sacrifice for this county too.
All Hail the Atom.

usamash.org...
edit on 043131p://08America/Chicago08 by Tinman67 because: added link

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

50K is a drop in the bucket when it comes to supplies. Events like this are very good for moral and that is just as important as everything else.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
As far as this is concerned, I can't be bothered by what is inside people's heads. If this is helping fund soldiers, so what? On another note, can we have a concert where no one is excluded? No? Didn't think so...

new topics

top topics

join