It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Pipe Bomb Found In Iowa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A pipe bomb was found in a parking lot in Marshalltown, Iowa today. Investigators are trying to figure out how the 6 inch long device ended up there. A driver noticed it and called the authorities. Investigators are still unsure as to who put the device there or why.

woi-tv.com
MARSHALLTOWN-- Police in Marshalltown are trying to figure out how a pipe bomb got into the middle of a parking lot. Police say a driver found the pipe bomb Sunday around 2 o'clock in the afternoon in the 100 block of W. Anson St.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is an ongoing investigation. Police are asking that if you have any information about this incident to call (641) 754-7525.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
hummmmmmm, maybe a prankster trying to get a rise out of people or trying to scare people. The bad think about "pipe bombs", just about anyone can build them if they know what they are doing. A few years back, I heard that a person can learn how to build one by surfing the internet for sites with info. .

Deeprivergal, I just realized that your from Iowa and from Deep River, cool, it's nice to see another Iowa native in ATS

[edit on 18-8-2004 by nanna_of_6]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I'm not from Iowa nanna... North Carolina has a deep river too

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
About 1 1/2 weeks ago, two young men were killed and the third boy is seriously injured in an explosion due to a pipe-bomb just five miles from where I live, they also found more pipe-bombs in the barn where these three were building/trying to build the bombs. I talked to a 18 yr old about this and he said a friend of his was suppose to have been there helping the other's but something came up and he wasn't able to be there helping the others build the thing. I remarked wondering , "why" they were building something that dangerous, to the 18 yr old and he said, he was told, " they wanted to see if they could build one".
It is unbeleiveable what some kids will come up with/find to do, just to see if they can do it.

top topics

join