It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

81 congressmen going back to their districts for the break...in Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I'm mostly pro-Israel, and don't have a problem with a Congressman visiting (I hope to visit some day), but this stinks. Those Congressmen should not have accepted any money from Israel for this visit, especially from AIPAC. If they want to visit they should do it on their own dime. Er...on our dime, that is

/TOA

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

55 are Republicans and 26 are Democrats

55 "Oh we are in a deep financial crisis, oh, we've got to do something, let's cut the entitlement programs, oh, we've got to balance the budget" republicans?? really, they are hopping onto their taxpayer funded private jets and running off to Isreal to stay at the finest hotels and eat at the finest resturants, on the taxpayer dime....

and 26 "Oh, the seniors won't be getting their checks!!! The troops won't be getting paid" dems???

wonder if those jets are piloted by military pilots?? if so, could our president order those pilots to bring those planes home and strand those nice "The sky is falling!!" ....but not till after I take another around the world trip!!!" congressmen??

no wonder they finally found a compromise, they ALL wanted to borrow more money to fly around on their private planes!!! wonder where the rest of the polywogs flew off to???

my bad.....it wasn't DIRECTLY FUNDED through taxpayers......just indirectly!! still stinks to high heaven!!
our economy is tanking and they are out being courted for more taxpayer money!!!

edit on 9-8-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
So we are at war with all muslim nations and our congress is going to Israel.

2+2=?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Having them over there makes it easier to get them to share their view points. Such how they are helping to "stabilize" the region. Everyone remembers how unstable it was before they started the war. Also Palestine is coming up for statehood vote in the UN and that is something Israel doesn't want to happen so it's better to start brainwashing the members of our government along with the reps from other countries that are going over there with them.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Vitchilo

and if your saying something nefarious is going on who am i to say otherwise.

I'm not saying something nefarious is going on, but Israel is paying that trip... which is a bribe.

Congress people should be in their districts in the US, talking to their people. They shouldn't be in vacation, not when the US economy is going down the drain, the world economy is going down the drain and there's 2+ wars going on.

But but theyre tiiiiired, theyre very very tired and need to rest, they do such stressful work every day.
It's not easy looking good, and going to the gym, and eating breakfast and standing in marble hallways, and talking to the rooted senior reps and senators and learning the ropes, and reading between the lines, and finding out youre owned, and then eating lunch and being told you'll be someones lunch if you dont play ball, and then looking at the important framing documents and preparing yourself to learn how to dismantle them and abandoning your populaces needs, then showering and preparing for dinner, scheduling appointments with your secretary for golf or racketball the next day with some member of some organization which you hope to get money from to run your next campaign to keep the trough filled to keep your current life going,
these things are NOT easy, they make you tired.
My gawd there's barely enough energy left in the day to check on your investments or find time for the mistress.
A salty dip to replenish the soul in the promised stolen land seems a small reward.

edit on 9-8-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

55 are Republicans and 26 are Democrats

55 "Oh we are in a deep financial crisis, oh, we've got to do something, let's cut the entitlement programs, oh, we've got to balance the budget" republicans?? really, they are hopping onto their taxpayer funded private jets and running off to Isreal to stay at the finest hotels and eat at the finest resturants, on the taxpayer dime....

and 26 "Oh, the seniors won't be getting their checks!!! The troops won't be getting paid" dems???

wonder if those jets are piloted by military pilots?? if so, could our president order those pilots to bring those planes home and strand those nice "The sky is falling!!" ....but not till after I take another around the world trip!!!" congressmen??

no wonder they finally found a compromise, they ALL wanted to borrow more money to fly around on their private planes!!! wonder where the rest of the polywogs flew off to???

my bad.....it wasn't DIRECTLY FUNDED through taxpayers......just indirectly!! still stinks to high heaven!!
our economy is tanking and they are out being courted for more taxpayer money!!!

Do they really fly on private jets? I thought this was so heavily scrutinized that they were "forced" to use commercial airliners.

Also - since they WORK FOR US, do we demand that they submit an expense-report on their return? I know everytime I travel for work I must submit one or else I have to pay for everything from my own pocket.
(ok - that last paragraph was mostly sarcasm but the question still remains)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
found this from another article: Israel Lobby Dominates Congress, Media Covers it Up

[color=limegreen]Not all those going on these trips are enthusiastic. The wife of one congressman who made a similar trip some years ago said that she and her husband had never been exposed to such pressure in all their lives. She said that at one point on their trip, her husband — a normally extremely tough man — was curled up in a fetal position.

WE gotta find out WHO that guy IS !
and then investigate his voting records and committee participation !
I wonder who voted him in?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Tis funny... Thought I was being under caffinated in my initial instinct that this was a "conditioning" trip to ensure any uncertainties were removed from the congressional playing field. But just reading some of the responses tells me that others had the same idea.

Still, it comes down to this -- if you are so passionate about keeping your office that AIPAC scares you, then you don't deserve the office. A clever, and selfless, representative would go and record what they could then reveal all WITH DOCUMENTATION to the american public by whatever means necessary upon their return.
edit on 8-13-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join