It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is Love Internal or External? A Scientific and Philosophical Look at Love.

page: 3
4
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Perhaps, but also perhaps this is what is required for love to be effective in the first place.


...you're referring to - being in love with the idea of being in love?...


I'm referring to being in love with love itself. We all are.


...i dont know how a successful relationship can evolve from a selfish fantasy but theres all kinds of folks in the world, so theres bound to be some that THAT works for...


For the sake of love, we love each other. It's why we get into a relationship in the first place. To fall in love. By our love of love, we do what it takes to make a relationship work. When love is in the picture, selfishness is not, so if you love love, that's far from being selfish.



Originally posted by smithjustinb
I'm saying the relationship between you and the emotion is proportional to the relationship between you and the object.


...not always... a psychopath can believe that they love you and that you share an amazingly fulfilling relationship - and - on the other side of the coin, you dont even know they exist...



I don't see how that applies to what I said. I was only saying that you can only love someone as much as you love love. If the psychopath loves me, the psychopath loves me. Just because I don't love the psychopath, doesn't make the psychopath love me any less necessarily.




posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
I'm referring to being in love with love itself. We all are.


...we all are in love with love itself?... no... things on the planet would probably be a whole lots better if your view was accurate but, sadly, its not... while its true that some are in love with love itself, its certainly not true of all... some people cant feel love, not even for themselves...


Originally posted by smithjustinb
For the sake of love, we love each other. It's why we get into a relationship in the first place. To fall in love.


...people get into relationships for all kinds of reasons... financial security and fear of being alone probably have a higher count than love...


Originally posted by smithjustinb
When love is in the picture, selfishness is not, so if you love love, that's far from being selfish.


...yeah, well, lol, thats very sweet but not realistic because there are countless concepts of what love is and they're not all pleasant...


Originally posted by smithjustinb
I was only saying that you can only love someone as much as you love love.


...okay, i'll concede cuz all this goin around and around and around is making me dizzy - but - thx for the dance... it was a nice distraction from the doom and gloom threads...



posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks


...okay, i'll concede cuz all this goin around and around and around is making me dizzy - but - thx for the dance... it was a nice distraction from the doom and gloom threads...





I'm dizzy too. Thank you for your opinions.



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb
 


In terms of the chemicals concerned, many can risk thier lives even when they do not feel like doing so, because there are some aspects of ourselves that are not measurable by physical impulses.
edit on 9-8-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)




top topics
 
4
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join