It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rasmussen polls : Americans are pre-revolutionary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hell yeah they are and they have good reasons to be...

Only 17% Say Government Has Consent of the Public

If you read the Rasmussen survey instrument, the money question comes after two questions which imply strong skepticism of government. Nevertheless, Rasmussen has been conducting this sort of poll over time, so changes in sentiment are still germane. Pollster Pat Caddell said via-email “unprecedented…pre-revolutionary.” The poll was taken August 1-2, before the US debt downgrade. The results:

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 17% of Likely U.S. Voters think the federal government today has the consent of the governed. Sixty-nine percent (69%) believe the government does not have that consent. Fourteen percent (14%) are undecided.

The number of voters who feel the government has the consent of the governed – a foundational principle, contained in the Declaration of Independence – is down from 23% in early May and has fallen to its lowest level measured yet.

Perhaps it’s no surprise voters feel this way since only eight percent (8%) believe the average member of Congress listens to his or her constituents more than to their party leaders. That, too, is the lowest level measured to date. Eighty-four percent (84%) think the average congressman listens to party leaders more than the voters they represent.

Voter approval of the job Congress is doing has fallen to a new low – for the second month in a row. Only six percent (6%) now rate Congress’ performance as good or excellent.

The crooks running America are destroying America with their greed and corruption. People are finally figuring it out... that no party will save them from the other, that both parties are scum, hellbent on destroying what's left.

The revolution is approaching.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Wow!

I knew the approval numbers were historically low but "consent of the governed" at 17%!

We are not alone. We surround them.
edit on 8-8-2011 by TreadUpon because: gave an extra 1%

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

I truly love to see numbers like this. I just hope that we can find a way to resist without resorting to the usual violent temper-tantrems.
I realize some should pay dearly for the damage that has been caused here, but we all have a hand to some extent.

It still isn't enough to get people to actually do something in my opinion. But it is encouraging.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I wonder how the people on ATS who hammered my calls for the coming revolution feel about this?

I have been taking a break from posting in the meantime, but I still stand my ground more than ever on this subject and everything I have said in the past on ATS is coming to pass.

By the end of 2012, if not sooner, there will be the second American Revolution... you can mark my words.

top topics

join