It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Many thanks for your well thought out response WoOkiEE. At the end of the day (?) what have / will, they achieve ? Absolutely nothing. A lot of people will not have a job to go to this morning. Private homes were attacked and looted, a woman was dragged from her car so that rioters could set fire to her car. The rioters are a minority, and will have no public support.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Massive riots everywhere.

The police are not in control because they are outnumbered.

Britain, it is war - from the people.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Morning folks, hope all southern folks are taking care.

Watching Sky News and they interviewed Theresa May, the Home Sec. she was saying how it's not in the UK policing protocol to use things like water cannons and other means.

She was very adamant that the people get involved to talk others out of rioting.

For those that follow UK politics, this to me sounded like she was trying to sell the "Big Society" idea. Even in these crazy times.

Sky News presenter Eamonn Holmes was actually getting quite wound up. He questioned the home sec about the consequences of the 450 arrested so far, his words were along the lines of,

"what will happen to the ones who were arrested? because most of the country will believe that nothing will happen because you can't fit any more into the jails"

Home sec didn't look like she liked that question and began stuttering on about the people helping the police and blah blah.

Some of the footage from last night was crazy.

Peace out and stay safe

SIB

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Right now I am ashamed to be British

I am all for standing up for rights and protesting where necessary but this is just ridiculous and makes the British look like idiots!

Who in their right mind would attack their own community for 'fun' and a free pair of trainers?! Where are their parents? I mentioned on another forum about the report, a couple of weeks ago, that said how shocking the statistic was of 5 year olds starting school and not being able to write their own name and I guess this is how those same kids end up 10 years later.

The PC (political correctness) brigade have done a great job in taking away power from parents and schools. These kids know that if they get caught they'll only get a slap on the wrist... maybe some community service to clean up the mess they made.

Young people in Egypt and Spain protested peacefully and had a cause. They had the backing of local communities who helped provide food and water. I just can't believe how the young people of my own country are behaving.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Looks like it might soon be time for normal folk to get out of their houses and sort this mess out. Some vigilante action is what is needed. I'm all for buring banks and government buildings in a riot, but not peoples homes. And this has a real chance of spreading like wildfire over the whole country. Time to tool up and be ready.

This stopped being about police brutality, at 6:30 pm on saturday. This is now random violence against the public, and it's time for it to stop. Someone needs to remind these kids who they're pissed off at.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Massive riots everywhere.

The police are not in control because they are outnumbered.

But it's not war from the people - it's just a load of kids that are out of control and not actually standing for any cause at all. They're burning their own communities for what? They obviously are too thick to see the bigger picture.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilSIB
Morning folks, hope all southern folks are taking care.
"what will happen to the ones who were arrested? because most of the country will believe that nothing will happen because you can't fit any more into the jails"

Home sec didn't look like she liked that question and began stuttering on about the people helping the police and blah blah.
SIB

The thing is with the UK system it would appear that most of its all talk to try and keep the public on side, I mean they can & always do say "We will arrest the troublemakers, We'll find those who organised the trouble"

THEN WHAT?

Nothing I am guessing possibly a slap on the wrist & maybe a tag for a few months. Well that's NOT good enough. People are without jobs, the guy who lost his furniture shop in Croydon last night lost 5 generations of history, 16 people out of work in an instant, the family who lived above the post office in Tottenham with a 9 month old baby just managed to escape before thier house was burnt to the ground, another family in crisis that the government will just say "Oh we're sorry" the 72 (I think) year old man who's house was raised to the ground probably survived the blitz & some mindless thugs set his house alight. for WHAT?

Well the Home Sec & the COBRA committee better sort something out!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Looks like it might soon be time for normal folk to get out of their houses and sort this mess out. Some vigilante action is what is needed. I'm all for buring banks and government buildings in a riot, but not peoples homes. And this has a real chance of spreading like wildfire over the whole country. Time to tool up and be ready.

This gets us nowhere, I'm all for protecting your home, family & friends but suggesting vigilante action is pointless, feels very much like the blind leading the blind there. I agree that Talking will get us nowhere, but violence begets violence. I know there is no change without revolution but what are these kids trying to change? NOTHING. so how does getting tooled up and going out there help? I suspect it wouldn't.

I don't know what the answer is, & I do know that this will likely get worse, sooner or later there will be a point where like you people do get to the stage where the feel it's better to be out, tooled up & ready but what happens if you lynch the innocent? (happened many times before) Does this then make you as bad or worse than the thugs you are out to get?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Seems everyone is now playing into the hands of giving up more rights.

Sky News is now talking about how members of the public are asking why Twitter, etc, aren't just being blocked so the youths can't organise themselves.

Looters that think they're acting cool and tough are playing into the hands of those with the power to turn off their social network access.

Members of the public are playing into the same hands by calling for social networking to be blocked.

I forgot to add that it won't be long before the government take steps to give the public what they're calling for. Things may have to get worse and reach a point where the public are begging for those social network blocks but then government will be happy to oblige. Be careful what you wish for!
edit on 9-8-2011 by Maya00a because: to add a sentence.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
@Wo0kiEE

Indeed I agree.

What makes this so different is that no-one is actually rioting for a reason apart from sheer thuggery.

I feel for the normal folks around there, the man with the furniture shop, jings, poor guy, others not being able to get home, that would destroy me personally.

They say that the army isn't an option, but let me ask this. If not to send the army in to fight the thugs, could they not have brought them in to put the fires out instead of leaving the buildings to burn?

I heard that the fire brigade couldn't get to places because the aren't trained to deal with violence.

A few years back we had a big fire brigade strike and they brought in the army to deal with any fires.

I wonder if this will spark up again today?

May the might meeting of the Cobras sort this problem out, hmmm, well I'll wait and see.

Stay safe folks

SIB

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya00a
Young people in Egypt and Spain protested peacefully and had a cause. They had the backing of local communities who helped provide food and water. I just can't believe how the young people of my own country are behaving.

Well said.

Ghandi said "I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."

"Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man."

Clever man Ghandi

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I actually do understand it, although I don't agree with it.
I'm in the US, and my family has went from being securely middle class to being unemployed and struggling.
You start feeling like you are being pushed out of society. Its like suddenly so many places are just off limits to you.
The shop that sells the shoes- you can't even go in there, you couldn't afford a new pair of shoes saving for 6 months, because you're always negative as it is. You get 200 ahead and boom here is an insurance payment due that is 280.

So you have no ownership in any of these places. They are all for someone else. You see others spend enough on a hat to buy your family groceries for a year, or something you really, really need. And they say, get a job, like there are jobs.

And those that don't feel it, they are insensitive. You say you drank some milk, they tell you how gross it is and how you should drink only organic milk. They won't buy it for you though, eh?

So what happens when a mass of energetic young people don't feel any ownership in the society they live it? If it boils over, it comes out wherever they look first.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

This is not some glorious peoples revolution ffs. I'd like to see the faces of those glorifying this as some sort of noble uprising if it was their home in flames.
This is yobs out of control.
'The people' ie the majority are against this.
Sadly to get this under control will no doubt involve yet more erosion of civil liberties but it has to be done.
Lefty liberalism will have to take a back seat for a while.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wo0kiEE

This gets us nowhere, I'm all for protecting your home, family & friends but suggesting vigilante action is pointless, feels very much like the blind leading the blind there. I agree that Talking will get us nowhere, but violence begets violence. I know there is no change without revolution but what are these kids trying to change? NOTHING. so how does getting tooled up and going out there help? I suspect it wouldn't.

I don't know what the answer is, & I do know that this will likely get worse, sooner or later there will be a point where like you people do get to the stage where the feel it's better to be out, tooled up & ready but what happens if you lynch the innocent? (happened many times before) Does this then make you as bad or worse than the thugs you are out to get?

I totally agree with you but with Theresa May on the TV asking members of the public to help it could be wrongly interpreted that she wants them to act as vigilantes. I'm not sure how else she expects them to actually help stop these idiots. Does she expect people to just walk up and politely ask them to stop? I think Theresa May should be a little more careful about her wording when asking members of the public to help the police.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Wow, really is turning into a hang em and flog em fest, isn't it?

Lots of comments along the lines of why and questioning what people are attacking. Here's my two p's worth.

First, the areas these folks live in are deprived holes, they grow up knowing that even if they stay home and study and work till they drop, and scrimp and save their whole lives, that they will have absolutely sweet fa. They also know that others just fiddle the system and have millions. What hope is there? None. So they smash hell out of what they can get to and nick things they otherwise couldn't afford.
It's rage, it doesn't have to make sense.

Yes they often damage their own communities, but some times people just get so mad they lash out, even when it hurts them.

Until we stop allowing millions of lives to be squandered so that a few can amass obscene wealth, there will always be this hopelessness.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wo0kiEE

Normally I'd agree with you, I am against violence. But this is a very violent situation. People are being robbed in their own homes, pulled out of their cars and mugged. People eating in restaurants getting robbed. This is already mass violence against the public, and the police can't handle it. They're out numbered, stretched, and in no way ready for what's to come. People have to protect their properties and themselves, and they can't do it by theirselves. We need to club together, and I know it;s counter productive, I know it's wrong. But how else are people going to ensure that their homes aren't getting burnt out, or businesses being ransacked and torched. Line up outside your businesses with baseball bats and crowbars. Let people in who actually want to shop, kick the crap out of those who try to smash the place up. There is only 1 way out of this, and it aint pretty. We're looking straight down the barrel of a civilian on civilial war.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I understand what you are saying in your post & yes lots of people in this country are living below the bread line, & are struggling to make payments on anything or eat. So yeah I understand believe me, I've been there it sucked.

However what these people are doing has NOTHING to do with that. Yeah they might feel disillusioned at the state of things here, but I suspect they couldn't give a toss, & they would be the people that wouldn't buy you milk. you see 1/2 of them wandering the streets with £280 pound headphones, on their £160 iPods, & their £x BlackBerry phones, I work my a**e off & I can't afford that sorta gear.

It has nothing to do with money or being better off or worse off than the next person it's about bragging rights & getting new stuff FREE.

I apologise if that sounds harsh but that's how I feel & it's just my opinion

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I actually do understand it, although I don't agree with it.
I'm in the US, and my family has went from being securely middle class to being unemployed and struggling.
You start feeling like you are being pushed out of society. Its like suddenly so many places are just off limits to you.
The shop that sells the shoes- you can't even go in there, you couldn't afford a new pair of shoes saving for 6 months, because you're always negative as it is. You get 200 ahead and boom here is an insurance payment due that is 280.

So you have no ownership in any of these places. They are all for someone else. You see others spend enough on a hat to buy your family groceries for a year, or something you really, really need. And they say, get a job, like there are jobs.

And those that don't feel it, they are insensitive. You say you drank some milk, they tell you how gross it is and how you should drink only organic milk. They won't buy it for you though, eh?

So what happens when a mass of energetic young people don't feel any ownership in the society they live it? If it boils over, it comes out wherever they look first.

I understand their frustrations too and what you're describing but attacking local businesses and homes won't help. Other locals are just average people too so why would you have any issues with them and want to destroy their lives too? This isn't people fighting for a just cause this is people using senseless violence for 'fun' and entertainment. If they don't like the way their lives are then it needs to be taken up with the people keeping them down and those people are not their neighbours or local business owners.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Perhaps the greatest conspiracy here is the blanket labelling of the rioters as aimless British Youth.
This is political and race orientated and religious orientaed, it is orchestrated by the nipping little dogs wanting the British Bulldog to collapse and bleed to death.
That is what tribal warfare is all about, and within Britain, thanks to our excellent security agencies we have many hostile tribes , brought up on anti western, anti white, anti British hate mongering.
The oppressed black, the opressed Muslim, the oppressed poor white, the oppressed , the oppressed, who are fodder for the criminal organisations..... the islamist fanatics ect , who have all one thing in common....anti British traditions, burn ...burn...burn....until the vaccumm can be filled.

The troops need to be deployed now, the traitors need to be stopped now, then they need to be deported now.
Else our nation is dead beyond ressurection

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhaliWitch
Hello, everyone. Can anyone from northern uk keep me updated if it spreads farther north?
My family lives in Hartlepool! If riots break out there, all hell will break loose ( a hell of a lot of fighting goes on there, just on a friday and saturday night!).
I have been thinking that it is really weird that in the last what three/four months, we have seen worldwide rioting and demonstrations going very wrong! How else can you explain it, but for the fact that there must be powerfull people behind it, that are pulling the strings and deciding how it starts en how it progresses, or am i just paranoide?

No you're not paranoid, I don't think.

(Sorry, I can't help you with Hartlepool; I'm in California, right now).

What I'm thinking is, this is just a gentle lead-up to the London Olympics, Summer 2012, Armageddon set-up scenario.

The 'script' has been written and is being enacted, month by month, country by country, city by city, despot-downed by despot-downed...until the much touted Armageddon has been unleashed on all 'middle citizens', in order to get rid of all of them/us.

I want to remind everyone of something that I stored in my brain-reservoir a few years ago (2007?), and already then, I could see/predict the pattern of the unfolding '2012 spectacular event' that is planned for us.
I remember reading that the biggest friggin' mosque in history was/is being built right around the area adjacent to where the Olympics are to be held.
Somehow, I had a prescient image of 'The Great 2012 Spectacular Incident'...no accident, but a planned event that would seem like a natural evolvement from recent Muslim flare-ups, but that clearly was not and has been planned for years, in order to get rid of alot of people at one go, (then blame it on the Muslims), after all the world's money had been stolen by so-called 'banks', and sequestered in safe hiding places by those few remaining Western Zionist Despots who have organized this for years.

Look at what's just happened to GOLD!

I've actually been monitering global-human trends for 25 years, studying the validity of'The Mayan Factor'.
Every single year, since then, has brought more and more validity to the Mayan prophecy that portends a dramatic 'change' to the human race and which will probably cause rampant strife and depopulation thereof.

Hold tight, guys!

I think that this London/UK incident is it, guys!
They're experimenting on the human factor, right now!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join