It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
apparently its in bradford now
probs wont last long

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
BBC News have just confirmed it starting in Liverpool now.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Large fights breaking out in Uppermill, Oldham outside the police station. from facebook news feed of a very trusted source. will update ASAP

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by Watts

Nope, you called someone a racist for saying it was non whites.

If it was a real protest then theyd have done it outside police stations, not throwing bricks through the nearest currys and running off with anything they can carry.

He was correct but it wasnt PC enough for you.

Lol And you clearly didn't read beyond the first sentence of my post towards him. I'm done talking to you.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulsofwe

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by Watts

The riots in the past have no baring on these riots. They are ethnic groups not protesting about anything but seeing it as a chance to vandalise and steal some free goods.

Thats a fact.
It's not exclusive to ethnic groups, it's an entire disaffected generation of young misguided people.

Don't bother explaining anything rationally to that guy, he doesn't get it.
You're totally right though.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Reports are in citing an increase of police personnel on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee and Humberside as a result of panic in the streets of London. Nationwide, discos are closing down for fear of being burnt down - allegedly due to them playing music that says nothing about the rioter's lives - whilst DJ's flee in their hundreds under the threat of being hung

edit on 8-8-2011 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Where I live (Birmingham, Hockley), is an area with high level of crime. It's dead centre of Birmingham...So I'm pretty close to the city centre, where several stores have been vandalised & looted.

Idiots are using these riots as an excuse to try & attack any shop, even if it has nothing to do with police.

I live couple minutes away from Handsworth, which is well known in the city for high level of crime & as always, ones of the first areas to respond to any sort of riots...Police stations, hospitals being set alight...Soho Road (a busy stretch of road filled with people & shops everyday) is now under attack.

I normally hear police sirens & helicopters from my bedroom window, but tonight sounds much more intense than usual.

I'll post any sort of updates if something happens overnight...Hopefully everything will have calmed down by tomorrow...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Just confirmed on the BBC

Liverpool - cars alight, riots, trouble..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by michaelmcclen

Originally posted by Snippy23
1. No local news about anything in Leeds or Bradford - let's not make this seem worse than it is.

2. Whoever suggested all the trouble is down to 'blacks', I wonder if your prejudices are showing? Actually, the hoodies and other clothes being worn make it hard to tell anything useful, but thuggery and looting are usually pretty much equal opportunity activities here in the UK.

Unless your heads in the sand this issue kicked off over a black man benig murdered , followed by an alteracation between a black girl and a police officer during the protest over the murder of the black man.

So here we have the reason and motive for the riots which all centers around the black community.

When white people protest we dont loot and scoot, look at the previous public disorder surrounding white citizens, we may break a few windows but we sure as hell dont steal or burn building to the ground.

Plenty of looting in the Burnley riots

Yeah BUT PLENTY more whenever the Black young 'affected' youths start trouble........................

Put them on a boat.....mid atlantic and sink it !!

PDUK

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Manchester also confirmed now.

2nd.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
I live near Nottingham so I'm not too near all this.

Why hasn't TPTB made a decision what to do to stop these thieving mobs. It's terrible that looters are sweeping the country, picking the shops clean and robbing people in their homes as they go.

I have never had nor wanted a gun in my house - I live alone and I certainly wish I had one now, just in case.

Innocent citizens living in the vicinity of these riots must be so scared, they need protecting from these rampaging heathens.

I'm in rural Derbyshire......... i come and help if required..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Manchester also confirmed now.

2nd.

Got a link please?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

Live update and feed there. Been mentioned on BBC News TV within the last few minutes.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
police or militry need to take charge soon or the local residence will take control.

wiht horrible hand to hand violence
edit on 8-8-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Where in Manchester, im in oldham and it's starting in Uppermill here

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CydonianKnight

I dont know mate sorry, they've just said manchester on the news. My mate (who earlier was told by a police man that it is in london, manchester, liverpool and leeds) has also informed me that a cinema has been taken over in bloxwich. His been right with 3 of the cities so far, so worth keeping an eye out for that one.

Just found this link Verified riots

There are alot of them!
edit on 8-8-2011 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
All of the cities I earlier reported have been confirmed true - now reports of Bristol, Cardiff, Newcastle.

Hope I'm wrong.

Stay safe people.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
lockerz.com...

Can anyone confirm if these pictures are from Bristol??

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Good lord, the whole of England is kicking off if this is true, and Cardiff?

Hope everyone stays safe.

Hearing personal reports on Sky from people who have friends whom have been beating up in business premises. Its going way beyond, over the killing of one individual.
edit on 8-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Getting Facebook reports of Market Street in Manchester being Wrecked.

www.facebook.com...
edit on 8-8-2011 by CydonianKnight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join