It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
If this does not stop soon, there is a very strong possibility of a civil war cracking off here. All law and order is gone, and people are realising it and taking advantage on the situation.

Not only that, the market today took one hell of a beating, and it doesn't look like it will improve tomorrow. Alot of money is just dissapearing, the businesses wont have the money or will be reluctant to re-build lost properties and broken stores, less jobs will appear, public spending has had a slashing so paying to restore the streets will be tight and take a very long time. The country is bassicaly falling apart, close to being beyond repair. If one more day like today happens, that could very well be it.

As well, they're some very angry people out there who are mortified by the riots, no doubt the EDL will get involved to "take back their country" as they will say, EDL and rioters will confront in what will be a bloody battle.

Police?? There being cut, there are too few already, people know they are out-numbering them.

By the end of this week, the country, if not the world could be a different place.

There is a depressing dark culture that has grown here in the UK that is part of the reason this is happening, if there is a civil war, it won't be for the right reasons from what I can see
, but don't worry it wont last long once they realize it's not fun anymore, so they will go back to their blackberrys, PS3's and facebook lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Talk about fear mongering

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Local news report just now was brilliant, the newsreader asked the police chief "Why are there reports of police just standing and watching people looting - why aren't they going in and arresting them?" three times at least, every time the police chief dodged the question.

Even when the police are on the scene they can't or won't do anything.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by Biigs

Sadly, knowing the pigs, theyd arrest you and bang you up while they let the rioters get away with it.

They have a long history of trying to send normal folk down (just look at all the armed robbery stories) who are just protecting their home while letting rioters do whatever they want.

you are correct and as a tax paying loyal citezen i would have no problem explaining im out protecting property and lives where the police cant, if they put me in front of a judge i will accept my sentence. Hope fully he will undertsand my obligation to do all in my power to defend my country and its law abidinging citezens from these lawless rebels out to destory or steal under the excuse of a situation they are nothing to do with.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

edit: also you could argue its nothing to do with me but wehen they the rioters burn down my shops and the homes of my comunity they are directly provoking us. what im saying is if the police wont or cant step in then i will, rebels are out to cause trouble dont mess with a man defending his family.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Biigs because: added text

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Apparantly spread to Walsall and Bloxwich

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Birmingham children's hospital on lockdown.

All public transport cancelled in Birmingham.

twitter rumours of the Kingsgate shopping centre in Huddersfield being attacked.!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

2254: Claire Marshall BBC News, Birmingham We've seen the most extraordinary scenes. Walking through the streets, there was looting going on. I saw 100 or so young men with ski masks and hoods pulled down. They seemed to be very well-organised, communicating with each other on radio. The police were in force but they did not seem to know what to do. It's a really tense atmosphere here.

BBC News

They're so desperate to loot shops, yet they have radios?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Damn - now there's rumours of a crowd gathering in edge lane in Liverpool

Friends are saying there's crowds and police gathering. Lots of sirens heard there!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Is it just me or are the most of the peon's that use FB retarted.

This is an ongoing debate on a FB page of my countrys national paper.

My name is as you can guess Michael McClenaghan. Iv stopped commenting now because at least on ATS the inhabitants seem on the most part to be clued in and well educated unlike the window lickers on FB.

Linki
edit on 8-8-2011 by michaelmcclen because: link

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Bump. Its night time there now. Anyone have any useful links? Twitter etc..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Go onto twitter and type in Liverpool/ Birmingham / Leeds riots - they may just be rumours, but hearing suggestions that Liverpool - sefton park, smithdown road, toxteth and a few other places might be having trouble.

Unconfirmed.
edit on 8-8-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Give the police flame throwers!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
There is a tweeted rumour that some young scamp took himself to London zoo and has a let a Tiger out of its cage...lol, you can't make this up!

yfrog.com...

Bloody rioters will nick anything these days!
edit on 8/8/11 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Enough is enough ,
Send in the army , live rounds please.

I want my country back from ethnic thugs.....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My friend just got back from birmingham, unluckly his mate had a birthday party scheduled for tonight.
But he asked a cop what the hell was goin on, and the cop said its happaning everywhere, such as Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool and London. We're not going to know till tomorow, the news doesn't want to let out where they''re all starting, less people know the less people will join.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Alleged pictures of youths gathering in Liverpool.

yfrog.com...

Not sure how accurate these are.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
there are plenty of photo's and video's of looters and thugs, i hope when they are caught the parents are made to pay every last penny of the damage caused. it might actually make the parents 'care' more about their kids, especially if they bring it in as a general rule. make the parents who do not know how to bring up respectful kids pay instead of society having to pay all the time.

if they are unemployed dock a tenner a week untill they find work and can pay more or untill the debt is paid.

i have had enough, it is time for personnal responsibility, it is time those responsible were held responsible, instead of every law abiding hardworking taxpaying citizen.

edit on 8-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Enough is enough ,
Send in the army , live rounds please.

I want my country back from ethnic thugs.....

# Live rounds, use the baton rounds, they hurt like a Mother #, friend of mine got shot over here years ago by one and i swear he dident get up for at least 15 minutes

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I live near Nottingham so I'm not too near all this.

Why hasn't TPTB made a decision what to do to stop these thieving mobs. It's terrible that looters are sweeping the country, picking the shops clean and robbing people in their homes as they go.

I have never had nor wanted a gun in my house - I live alone and I certainly wish I had one now, just in case.

Innocent citizens living in the vicinity of these riots must be so scared, they need protecting from these rampaging heathens.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
More pics from Liverpool

yfrog.com...

Seems small scale at the moment

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join