It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by NadaCambia

I'm watching that stream now and it is so terrible! www.bbc.co.uk... Boy the guy on there now is pissed!

Stay safe UK ATS.... My thoughts are with you.

OiO

The Irish fella they where interviewing was class, so proud to be represented in the riots in the form of black Irish humor.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
1. No local news about anything in Leeds or Bradford - let's not make this seem worse than it is.

2. Whoever suggested all the trouble is down to 'blacks', I wonder if your prejudices are showing? Actually, the hoodies and other clothes being worn make it hard to tell anything useful, but thuggery and looting are usually pretty much equal opportunity activities here in the UK.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I live in Birmingham, we've got some rioting/looting going on.. just looking through the tumblr website and seeing the shops I know and that are like next door to where I work being #ed up by these hopeless people. I'm glad i'm on holiday..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snippy23
1. No local news about anything in Leeds or Bradford - let's not make this seem worse than it is.

2. Whoever suggested all the trouble is down to 'blacks', I wonder if your prejudices are showing? Actually, the hoodies and other clothes being worn make it hard to tell anything useful, but thuggery and looting are usually pretty much equal opportunity activities here in the UK.

Unless your heads in the sand this issue kicked off over a black man benig murdered , followed by an alteracation between a black girl and a police officer during the protest over the murder of the black man.

So here we have the reason and motive for the riots which all centers around the black community.

When white people protest we dont loot and scoot, look at the previous public disorder surrounding white citizens, we may break a few windows but we sure as hell dont steal or burn building to the ground.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen

Originally posted by Snippy23

Unless your heads in the sand this issue kicked off over a black man benig murdered , followed by an alteracation between a black girl and a police officer during the protest over the murder of the black man.

So here we have the reason and motive for the riots which all centers around the black community.

When white people protest we dont loot and scoot, look at the previous public disorder surrounding white citizens, we may break a few windows but we sure as hell dont steal or burn building to the ground.

Plenty of looting in the Burnley riots

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I cant help wonder why on earth the police are standing off them...Saturday night the looters had 12 hours to get what they wanted before police made a move....If this was the US I would be saying its all being encouraged to use the patriot act, martial law and Fema camps.

At the G summit meetings we saw what the met can do, but IMO they have an agenda in not tangling with the looters.

Respects

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

The riots in the past have no baring on these riots. They are ethnic groups not protesting about anything but seeing it as a chance to vandalise and steal some free goods.

Thats a fact.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
I cant help wonder why on earth the police are standing off them...Saturday night the looters had 12 hours to get what they wanted before police made a move....If this was the US I would be saying its all being encouraged to use the patriot act, martial law and Fema camps.

At the G summit meetings we saw what the met can do, but IMO they have an agenda in not tangling with the looters.

Respects

They kettle and physically assault Democratic protesters in London. But let criminals and thugs run around un opposed

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by Watts

The riots in the past have no baring on these riots. They are ethnic groups not protesting about anything but seeing it as a chance to vandalise and steal some free goods.

Thats a fact.

Lol... you clearly missed the point. I was pointing out that riots happen whether "blacks/asians" are around or not. Riots are not some exclusive event related only to non-caucasians as its idiotically being implied in this thread. Whether its over a killing or anger over some political issue, a riot is a riot and wrong in both cases.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The scum are now around Birmingham childrens hospital where police are having to protect it.

IMO if the start trashing BCH then they should all be shot dead.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
me and my father agreed if this was going on outside my house we would take our baseball bats and hoodies and go out with them, if we see anyone thats setting fire to people homes or any disgustying behavior we would citezens arrest with threat of violence.

enough is enough if the police cant risk themselfs the cummonity will.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
bookmarking and bumping.....anyone in the Leeds area please keep us updated. My family are in that area (Castleford and Pontefract) Too close to home for me.

I talked with my brother in Ponte this morning and he hadnt even heard about it yet. He was kinda shocked when he saw footage on the web.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

They want all bystanders to go home so they can get to the criminals - Just reiterated several times on the BBC by a Police Chief...........

They want the innocent to go home so they can get on with there job!!!.........
edit on 8-8-2011 by vesta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Sadly, knowing the pigs, theyd arrest you and bang you up while they let the rioters get away with it.

They have a long history of trying to send normal folk down (just look at all the armed robbery stories) who are just protecting their home while letting rioters do whatever they want.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Channel 4 News

Apparently nothing is going down in Leeds at the mo, but atmosphere is tense and there are Police everywhere. Someone got shot in the face and a crowd gathered and dispersed. Birmingham is a different story.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Not worried....I don't live near an electrical store, trainer shop or mobile phone store.
Robbing little bastards.
Please mate, it won't stay exclusive to stores. Vandals hyped up by a day's activity will want to have fun at night too and will just take it to homes

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Nope, you called someone a racist for saying it was non whites.

If it was a real protest then theyd have done it outside police stations, not throwing bricks through the nearest currys and running off with anything they can carry.

He was correct but it wasnt PC enough for you.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by Watts

Thats a fact.
It's not exclusive to ethnic groups, it's an entire disaffected generation of young misguided people.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Rumours of fights in Huddersfield , Leeds, Bradford now. Oldham too.

Unreal, it really is unreal.
edit on 8-8-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If this does not stop soon, there is a very strong possibility of a civil war cracking off here. All law and order is gone, and people are realising it and taking advantage on the situation.

Not only that, the market today took one hell of a beating, and it doesn't look like it will improve tomorrow. Alot of money is just dissapearing, the businesses wont have the money or will be reluctant to re-build lost properties and broken stores, less jobs will appear, public spending has had a slashing so paying to restore the streets will be tight and take a very long time. The country is bassicaly falling apart, close to being beyond repair. If one more day like today happens, that could very well be it.

As well, they're some very angry people out there who are mortified by the riots, no doubt the EDL will get involved to "take back their country" as they will say, EDL and rioters will confront in what will be a bloody battle.

Police?? There being cut, there are too few already, people know they are out-numbering them.

By the end of this week, the country, if not the world could be a different place.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join