It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

my sister lives in the NE. but I think what is happenning now and about to happen has been a long time coming!
the scales have been tipped so badly against the ordinary folk there is and will be only one outcome eventually!

not what anyone wants but maybe inevitable!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I did read of some friction in the north east. I believe it was in Washington, though I don't recall the specifics.

Also, a work colleague mentioned hearing of a young Scottish lad, who, within a very brief time from posting inciteful things on the net, found the police on his doorstep. They arrested him. Maybe the forces just have a tougher stance from the get-go.

With discussion in the media of taking rioter's council houses & benefits off them, I doubt there'll be much more of it going on. It'll dawn on even the dimmest that they've more to loose than to gain, despite their claims of having nothing.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher

my sister lives in the NE. but I think what is happenning now and about to happen has been a long time coming!
the scales have been tipped so badly against the ordinary folk there is and will be only one outcome eventually!

not what anyone wants but maybe inevitable!

I hope these aggressive little psychos aren't what you're referring to as the ordinary folk.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
About 30 police vans in a row have Just been seen heading towards the Leeds city center more riots could be on the way,

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MX48K

The chances are, as it being a friday night, they where called for a violent incident, and with the police on high alert with violence, sent more then usual.

I truly hope this is the case anywho, keep us informed please, cheers for the update.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

LOL more than usual, i highly doubt they would send 30 Police vans to a domestic dispute, And they was moving in a slow convoy, But yes I agree they are, most likely fortifying the city center and Making sure the drunks don't get any funny ideas later on after a few too many drinks

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The NE of England has fluoride added to its water supply - hence they are 'dumbed down'.
Access to a Uk map showing fluoridation is here -
www.wmaf.org.uk...
edit on 13-8-2011 by margaretr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by margaretr

But so is Birmingham and Wolverhampton which had riots.

2nd.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I agree, I was born in England and live near Newcastle and I actually feel more Scottish than I do English and I also tend to have more respect for Scottish people.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

It's got nothing to do with being dumbed down and everything to do with the fact that people in the North have a stronger bond & moral code and for the most part, are a lot friendlier than people down south.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Well, I live in North East England and consider myself English before anything else.....however, I certainly think we are very much isolated from the rest of England and have a somewhat 'unique' mindset and approach to life....and I have to admit that as a gross generalisation I much prefer the company of Scots people rather than Southerners.

Oh....and we are no more 'dumbed down' up here than anywhere else in the UK.

If people are saying that there was no rioting in the North East and Scotland because of the difference in the racial make-up of the regions then they must also think that there was a racial element to the riots.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MX48K
reply to post by Freeborn

I did Have a glimpse at your profile before i replied. and seen Islamic religion and theology topics , And assumed you was a Muslim, because of The way you reacted to the Camel jockey insinuation in my earlier post, Which was not racist, and more of a stereotypical joke,

And the way you responded to the other post regarding Islamic Gangs grooming Infants only enraged me more,it did appear you was trying to Defend these Islamic scum, who Have sex with children. and turn them into prostitutes,

I do not like saying this, but you are truly a racist and a dumb one at that, even i can tell from Freeborn posts that he is not a muslim ( not that i care ).
I also am apalled at what you are posting, i find it insulting and degrading, I also find that it shows how intelligent you are.
For Hitler did not only hate jews, etc.. he also hated people who disagreed with him and who had other beliefs than him and to read you typing that you agree with his ideas makes me physically sick and therefore i must say to you: Go f*ck yourself!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Ugh oh please, they have fluoride added to the water in Scotland also, so does that make the Scottish people dumbed down too? Ridiculous assumption.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by KhaliWitch

Well everyone is entitled to an opinion, And its morons like you that accuse anyone Who even slightly disagrees with Islam a racist,Thats the card they have always used,

And where did i say i agreed with Hitler? all i basically said was the people who died fighting for this country will be spinning in there graves today, And frankly i couldnt give a # what you think, You troll,

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MX48K

How childish it is to call someone a troll, just because they disagree with you and state the obvious truth about you!
Namasté

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Why do you mix muslims in this story ?
They have nothing to do with this.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MX48K

Nothing to do with being a troll, and there is nothing, wrong if you agree or disagree, with a religion, everyone is entitled to questions thier doctorines, or that religions actions.

It becomes racism however when you, squarely place the blame on Muslims. Which I may add had nothing to do with the riots in England.

Thats when your opinions or views can be challenged and debated.

Hope that clears this up.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by MX48K

Nothing to do with being a troll, and there is nothing, wrong if you agree or disagree, with a religion, everyone is entitled to questions thier doctorines, or that religions actions.

It becomes racism however when you, squarely place the blame on Muslims. Which I may add had nothing to do with the riots in England.

Thats when your opinions or views can be challenged and debated.

Hope that clears this up.

And challenging his views is what i am doing, as well as his behavior towards other members that disagree with his views!
this is what i think of his behavior!

P.S.: I find it highly childish and
to attack people personally just because they disagree with him!
edit on 15/8/2011 by KhaliWitch because: I felt a need to explain my last sentence

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KhaliWitch

It happens in ATS. been here long enough to see that. If it annoys you that much there is an Alert button you know.

But I understand where your coming from.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

I know about the alert button, however i do not wish to alert him without giving a warning first. It's just how i am!

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join