It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
now in Croydon and Illford

link   
2050: Reports now coming in from Mitcham. Betting shops in Mitcham, Surrey are being targetted. Rioters seen around Iceland in the town centre.

thewestlondoner.wordpress.com...

link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Exactly, and its the attitude of the poster who you replied to that contributes towards this mess.

link   
So everyone has watched the fat cat politicians filling there pockets for years and then cut public services, it's an outburst of angst, as the world economy collapses around us it's a feeling of get what you can, Lonndon is burning and wild fire is spreading, the Arab spring has hit home and grievances are being aired

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
everytime the rioters burn a shop they burn down the flats and domiciles above, they are putting their own community at risk for their zero cause mindless violent rampage.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Gangs of masked youths have gathered in Birmingham city centre and some shop windows have been smashed.

A McDonald's restaurant, close to the city's cathedral, has had a window broken and eye witnesses have reported more damage in the Colmore Row area.

West Midlands Police said it was aware of some disorder in Birmingham city centre, including some vandalised shops and incidents of theft.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jarusica
So everyone has watched the fat cat politicians filling there pockets for years and then cut public services, it's an outburst of angst, as the world economy collapses around us it's a feeling of get what you can, Lonndon is burning and wild fire is spreading, the Arab spring has hit home and grievances are being aired

No its not , this is young black citizens looting and scooting. Unless I see one placard with their grievences up in the air this is nothing but mindless violence that should not be tolerated.

The only people this will effect will be me and you in the form of your tax.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
A friend in Leeds is denying any riot there.

I'll post more when i find out.

link   
reply to post by jarusica

This is the sort of situation the extremists can take advantage of, and that is scary considering what our government has done to their and their ancestors homelands. This country is built on the blood of innocents, and its only a matter of time before they take their revenge.

link   
Agreed someone will be killed soon,it's not something that's been thought about if isomeone killed at the hands of the police then we will see it really kicki off, Croydon has really erupted and it's just getting dark now

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jarusica

Ah, someone who sees the bigger picture...
Just you wait... a few rampaging kids get shot up and killed and all of a sudden you'll have a mob or rampaging kids AND parents.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

link   
Stay inside and lock the doors.. I wouldn't even attempt trying to leave the house.

Going to all the cities and rioting? What does that gain besides material stuff? Shouldn't they be angry with the queen? Where are the elite guards? Why haven't they step in? Or the sonar technology to bring people to their knees? That would stop it in a heartbeat. Where's the riot swat team?

Yuh, how many people are even rioting? To go through that many cities overnight has to be over thousands.

The rioting is just pointless. They are ruining their city, where they live, and when they wake up and realize it's gone, they have no one to blame but their stupid selves.

All over a justified shooting.

Stay safe UK
edit on 8-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

link   
Croydon

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
It's just blacks/asians looking for a fight and a new phone (and a few whites) but majority are foreign, these are not English riots. Multi-cultralism at it's finest ladies and gents.

^And racism at its stealthiest.

\/ ... and Englishness at its best.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

wow, that is just horrible.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You know its bad when even the 'Irish' man on the radio is calling the riots rediciolious. Crack out the rubber bullets and water cannon. Works over here should work over there.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm watching that stream now and it is so terrible! www.bbc.co.uk... Boy the guy on there now is pissed!

Stay safe UK ATS.... My thoughts are with you.

OiO

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

looking pretty grim

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
reply to post by Watts

Racism? How? Please explain how you came to that conclusion.

Implying that a non-caucasian MUST be foreign, totally ignoring the fact that they very well could have been born in England is racist. What's hard to understand about that? "English/British" is a nationality not an ethnicity. That's no different than saying an African-American isn't American because they're black.

Then the poor use of sarcasm regarding multiculturalism as if its a bad thing is also racist. Why pretend like you don't know what you said? To imply that multiculturalism is somehow "bad" is to say that every race needs to stay separated. Where is there room to question the presence racism in that sentiment? Its pretty obvious.
At least have some balls about your racism. Don't be a coward about it.

Edit:
And to imply the riots are only happening because multiculturalism is both racist and ignorant of history.
Bloody Sunday of 1887
Bawdy House Riots of 1668... just to name 2.
Neither of those had anything to do with "blacks/asians"... I could go on.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

I'm watching that stream now and it is so terrible! www.bbc.co.uk... Boy the guy on there now is pissed!

Stay safe UK ATS.... My thoughts are with you.

OiO

He's good value for a joke or two though

"Do go down there, it's all boxed off! Ah, and she continues to walk - The bloody idiot" - Random Irish guy on BBC

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join