It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I may be being stupid here so if so then please someone correct me but isn't the best way to solve this, to have the law abiding citizens take to the street and take it to the mob?? I'm pretty damn sure there's a lot more of us than them, should be a clean sweep.

we're supposed to be the big society now right? so let's be a big society and go crack skulls of the rampaging cretins infesting our country

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

nope they don't "deserve" it any more than their karma dictates, you earn your karma.
It isn't your place to attempt sway another to use violence against another, even a failed attempt will "Earn" you a karmic redress.
So to advocate the use of deadly force against thousands of people, is just plain stupid.

As for the rest of your non sensical attempts to put words into my mouth, try harder, it's a very unsubtle and blatant attempt from a rank amatuer, whom obviously needs to spend time honing their edge.

Please try harder and ill furnish you with some better put downs, ok?.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ffswhy

They are kids who have spent more time in the company of their gangmates than their parents in the last ten years.
I have heard it said "The gang is my family, my parents weren't there for me, i look after my friends and they look after me".
To try and "Take it to them" would only reinforce already well ingrained negative behaviour, they should all be sent to an island for a month with nothing but barney the dinosaur stuff for comfort, duvets, forks, spoons, cooking utensils, barney tv 24/7. barney cd's. barney soft toys, barney toilet roll, barney clothes, barney pyjamas, barney everything. how many would want to deal with that again.

(Im kiddin).

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Rioters breach the Arndale centre.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Thanks for the update.

F*cksake and I thought Manchester was going to be an example of a large metropolitan area not being dragged in. They have attacked Oxfam. Scum.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Police have arrested 4 "rioters" in Milton Keynes, small gangs of 60 - 70 youths have been tracked by the police allegedly. Some cars and buildings have been damaged, but minor stuff compared to the major riots.
The police seem to have been on top of it from the start. Been following it on Twitter...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I bet 75% dont even realise it's a charity/aid organisation, its just somewhere they dont want to go a buy/shoplift clothes from.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
I wonder why it's not spread to Scotland, Wales or N.I.

Bugger all to steal, perhaps?

For all the rioting in Northern Ireland there is strangely never looting. There is etiquette for rioting you see.

I'm also waiting for a random dog to get involved, dogs love civil disobedience.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

lol Finally a good use for the Falklands!!

reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Pretty scummy they got Oxfam but at least they got cash converters... those guys have been looting the general public for years.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Reports from friends on facebook . Salford shopping centre on fire

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just found out a large contingent of gwent police has been sent up to london, the welsh are like the irish, very placid people like a drink and their rugby. takes a lot to initiate full blown sheep theft.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

Probably. I think they go after easy targets. If it was really an example of disaffected youth they would be burning government buildings and banks. I understand this has happened in a few places.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
50 - 70 men aged from 20 - 30 years old, Patrolling Enfield, since they say the Police are doing nothing. To ward off any further rioting or looting. Anyone from that area?
edit on 9-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

Apparently the PSNI has offered to send a few paddy wagons over to help out aswell.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Reported on BRMB that the Custurd Factory is on fire, thats like a club/shopping center kinda place. Its pritty damn big.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There are no riots going on in Leeds or Bradford, where did you get this info from?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Got this off Twitter, awesome!

RT @kingdjlogan: Great quote from Waterstone's employee on the news: "We'll stay open, if they steal some books they might learn something"

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackDog
There are no riots going on in Leeds or Bradford, where did you get this info from?

Initial rumours that were floating around, Leeds has had some disturbances, Bradford was a false alarm, I was going to edit the title, but 4 hours has passed so i can't

--

Also Manchester

www.facebook.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thanks to the guys who wished me luck. Home safely. There has been some trouble around the Blackpool South Shore area. Big retail park down there (Currys, Comet, PC world etc).

Gonna ring my family in a minute and get some updates on Liverpool. Will let you know if I learn anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

well I guess this will get more worse and spread like a disease, this card represents the future of london

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join