It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Assassination of Tony Blair Thwarted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Two Lithuanian men are believed to been involved in a plot to assasinate Prime Minister Tony Blair. They were caught outside Blair's home with high tech surveillance equipment. The two men allegedly displayed a liking to al Qaeda spying behavior.

news.com.au
BRITISH anti-terror authorities have foiled a suspected al-Qaeda plot to assassinate Prime Minister Tony Blair.

Police swooped on two Lithuanian asylum seekers believed to be spying on Mr Blair's home in his constituency in England's north.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Security stepped up for PM Blair during his meeting with Italy's PM Silvio Berlusconi. The recent terror threats against Italy for it's involvment with the War on Terror and the war in Iraq are reportedly a possible role in the two men who were caught spying on the Prime Minister.

It was feared that Mr. Blair's meeting with Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi could be a top terrorist target. It is believed that the two Lithuanians were being used by al Qaeda so as to keep it's top ranking members at arms length.

Threats to Italy and their Prime Minister Berlusconi, contained such statements as the prime minister would "pay with his head." Italy is playing down the threats of the terrorists.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

[edit on 8-18-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Excellent story.

The target sounds like it's really plausible. Two birds with one stone and all that.

But why is this not on BBC's website yet? The link is to an Australian address and this supposedly happended outside Blair's home in Britain.

If it turns out to be true, then I congratulate you on your scoop!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Here is another link for you. Still no word on the BBC but I will keep checking
heraldsun.com

BRITISH anti-terror authorities have foiled a suspected al-Qaida plot to assassinate Tony Blair.

Police swooped on two Lithuanian asylum-seekers believed to be spying on the British Prime Minister's constituency home in England's north.

Just days after Osama bin Laden approved a plan to target world leaders in the next phase of al-Qaida's global terror campaign, the men were caught with surveillance equipment less than a kilometre from Mr Blair's country home.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This was reported on skynews yesterday, it just said about 2 mins of the story then it was never reported again?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
How did you find this I knew about this at least 2 days back but not one bit of news on it could be found at all I ve been looking for days for any shread of news heard they got cought with maps and hi tech equipment.

I was going to post on it soon

[edit on 17/8/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Lol I am just that good... no seriously I cannot reveal my sources
I have connections..and a sister in the news business

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Shame they did not get the chance and do us all a favour.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Do us all a favor?...Im a huge fan of Blair..and I take him as a President anyday....

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Damn it.............we were so close!

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Basement Addix
It's good to know that there is at least one person left who is a fan of Tony Blair. If you want him for President, PLEASE take him, the sooner the better.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i would have given the guys medals if they had succeded.

Tony blair is comitting acts of high treason everyday against his own people and we all know what to do with traitors.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So you can easily just want him dead, just like that? How would you like it if someone without hesitation decided to kill you, leaving your family and friends behind?

I'm not a big fan of Blair, nor do i dislike him but to want him dead like that is something else, or maybe if you were Prime Minister you'd do a good job?

Then again if we hadn't gone to war and still were attacked by terrorists, you'd probably be the first to moan about Blair not doing anything, you can't win in politics.

I doubt you have the power to give life or resurrect it, don't be quick to give death...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This was on 'Look North' yesterday. That news report said the two men were picked up for driving a stolen car!

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Any more information on this situation?

I'm finding nothing.

new topics

top topics

join