It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

New Member With Interesting Situation

page: 4
2
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sorry but I find it hard to believe that a tangible yet invisible organism has been roaming your house, using the bathroom and eating from your fridge without anyone even bumping into it. It's not the most graceful of creatures if you've already seen it stumble over things. The chances of you brushing up against it or even bumping into it are incredibly high. Besides that... am I the only person who still has enough of their instincts to defend their own home from intruders? Personally, I'm armed to the teeth and any such entity would know my intentions only moments after I first discover it's presence. I'd obviously make attempts at communication before dropping it in it's tracks, as I'm not a violent person by nature, but I will not stand around and be "observed" like livestock as long as I have some ability to defend myself and my family. Let Uncle Sam explain the dead invisible man on my kitchen floor lol. Anyway, sorry to be such a sceptic, but I've had sleep paralysis, I've seen strange things in the sky, I've seen and heard strange sights and sounds in the shadows, I've had bits of lost time, I've been followed by a white SUV for months, I've seen the blurred "phantoms" (however I was under the influence of hallucinogenic mushrooms LOL) and I've even had a dream or two that somewhat resembled the abduction scenerio... but with a little thought... common sense... and logic... I can find many more plausible explanations than aliens or ghosts. The human brain is very complicated. My father spent his life working in law. He always said that the least credible piece of evidence is an eye witness. Memories cannot be trusted at all, as the imagination is our greatest tool of creation, and more often than not... we see what we want to see. I don't mean to be an a@@hole but I think your spook lives in the folds of your brain. Next time you see it... try to touch it... that is... if you're truly not afraid of it lol. If it giggles with a quick poke to the ribs... then it must be real lol.




posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by fortunate1 Memories cannot be trusted at all, as the imagination is our greatest tool of creation, and more often than not... we see what we want to see. I don't mean to be an a@@hole but I think your spook lives in the folds of your brain.


you reminded me of one of my favorite movies when u said that.


Leonard Shelby : Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record, and they're irrelevant if you have the facts
-memento


Memento sound clip


Leonard: Just because there are things I don't remember, doesn't make my actions meaningless. The whole world doesn't just disappear when you close your eyes does it?



posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by everlastingnoitall
no, i don't do drugs or have any adverse medical conditions. My wife, however, had/has several.

she was diagnosed in 95 with Pseudotumor ceribri, but it vanished in 97
she has social anxiety disorder, and takes 100mg of Zoloft per day since late '03
she is diabetic
several other minor medical issues.

These happenings were all occuring before any of these medical conditions were diagnosed.


Hi, everlastingnoitall


I post this with the best of intentions. Has your wife had a M.R.I. scan lately?
This can be very serious, as Intra-cranial issues can be solved with surgery.
I hope she is well,
Sanc'.

P.S: Crakeur, you beat me to it... I was going to suggest 1 layer of cling wrap
over the whole fridge.
Sanc'.



posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by everlastingnoitall

It hasn't really affected my son, other than giving him incredible intuition and intelligence (he is reading for instance at senior/high school level at eight years old and has an incredibly keen grasp of mathematics.)


Please do some research into the 'Star Child' phenomea (sp?). I think you may be supprised. This type/level of intelligence at an early age is part of it.



posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Sanctum, imagine the poor alien's invisible face when it sits down to unload the riaded food, only to get the squishies. Nasty stuff those alien pranks.

With regards to early reading. I was caught reading Jaws, and scaring the crap out of my parents' friends' daughter at age 5 (me, not her).

Sadly, I peaked at age 6. It's been all downhill since then.



posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Maybe you could poison some food and set it out for the creature... just a thought.



posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Would an EBE get sick or die if you poisoned food? I'm not too educated in the interaction between tainted foods and their effects on the paranormal...



posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Sanctum, imagine the poor alien's invisible face when it sits down to unload the riaded food, only to get the squishies. Nasty stuff those alien pranks.


Nothing that an alien size dose of Agarol would not cure.
Sanc'.



posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well, as I've said many times, we're not absolute in our assumption that it is in fact a biological entity. Our best attempts at communication and interaction only meet with limited and random success. As far as the MRI and mental well being go, she had an MRI in March of this year to check for lesions in the membrane surrounding her brain and everything checked out fine.

My son believes whatever it is is his dead sister. As long as he's content with that, so be it (as far as he's concerned).

I know many would do whatever it takes to get rid of it and not allow it to 'watch' us. To that I can only give my gut feeling, which is that there is much more to the puzzle than this thing, whatever it turns out to be, isn't watching per se, but rather monitoring and protecting from something. The key would be to try to find out what the 'something' we're being protected from or against is. That's why I am slowly trying to piece her father's story and history together. i am absolutely certain they are connected, and that there is something going on here (not to sound egotistical) bigger than just a haunting or 'watcher' .

As I've said before, I know there will be skeptics, and that's fine. I simply am using this as expression of the desire to share and use a forum to try to feel better or possibly decipher what is, in fact, happening.

BTW, the star child thing is interesting, may read up on that, thanks



posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
well personally this sounds possible but i think it may be an attempt at attention because any one i know who saw some cloaking entity running around the house would carry a gun and blast its brains out. or atleast throw paint on it.but another way to see it better is to take Night vision like what you have on a video camera and that should make this entity glow.



posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by everlastingnoitall
Well, as I've said many times, we're not absolute in our assumption that it is in fact a biological entity. Our best attempts at communication and interaction only meet with limited and random success. As far as the MRI and mental well being go, she had an MRI in March of this year to check for lesions in the membrane surrounding her brain and everything checked out fine.


That's good news.

Sanc'.



posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So everlastingnoitall, what are you going to do now that you have all these people interested? Which of our suggestions, if any, are you going to take? The world waits with baited breath (or at least the people who follow this thread do).


Odd

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You probably don't want to play any pranks on the thing, really... if it is in fact biological in origin, then it is probably capable of being pissed off.

Frankly, if there was an invisible man in my house and I had no means of forcing him to go away, I would make it a point not to offend him, at least not in any manner involving poo.

My astute recommendation to you is that you purchase a full half ounce of the narcotic herb of your preference, and burn it somewhere in the house... wear a gas mask yourself if you like, but drug the thing up on a euphoriant and it'll either have to sit still or risk stumbling over everything in its path.

Or, you could just throw caution to the wind and go after the thing with a net and a baseball bat. You can have all the cloaking generators you like, but if I beat you about the face with a hefty enough length of wood, then you will fall on the floor.



posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
you say it uses the bathroom correct? put a layer of cyran(sp?) wrap on the toilet, then check every so often. if u see anything(tell people NOT to use that toilet) then tell us



posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
My astute recommendation to you is that you purchase a full half ounce of the narcotic herb of your preference, and burn it somewhere in the house... wear a gas mask yourself if you like, but drug the thing up on a euphoriant and it'll either have to sit still or risk stumbling over everything in its path.


This is a such a wonderful suggestion and the smoke might also help locate his whereabouts, as in the old "Invisible Man" movie. The house could be completely ventilated with high speed fans while waiting for the police to arrive to arrest the elusive intruder.


Urn

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
i saw that sombody mentioned drugging the food in the fridge, and sombody else even mentioned poisening it....

lol....i HIGHLY recomend NOT DOING that....

what if your son woke up for a midnight snack?....you'd wind up either poisening him, or he'd be trippin on the broccali


[edit on 22-8-2004 by Urn]

[edit on 22-8-2004 by Urn]


SMR

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fortunate1
Sorry but I find it hard to believe that a tangible yet invisible organism has been roaming your house, using the bathroom and eating from your fridge without anyone even bumping into it. It's not the most graceful of creatures if you've already seen it stumble over things. The chances of you brushing up against it or even bumping into it are incredibly high. Besides that... am I the only person who still has enough of their instincts to defend their own home from intruders? Personally, I'm armed to the teeth and any such entity would know my intentions only moments after I first discover it's presence. I'd obviously make attempts at communication before dropping it in it's tracks, as I'm not a violent person by nature, but I will not stand around and be "observed" like livestock as long as I have some ability to defend myself and my family. Let Uncle Sam explain the dead invisible man on my kitchen floor lol. Anyway, sorry to be such a sceptic, but I've had sleep paralysis, I've seen strange things in the sky, I've seen and heard strange sights and sounds in the shadows, I've had bits of lost time, I've been followed by a white SUV for months, I've seen the blurred "phantoms" (however I was under the influence of hallucinogenic mushrooms LOL) and I've even had a dream or two that somewhat resembled the abduction scenerio... but with a little thought... common sense... and logic... I can find many more plausible explanations than aliens or ghosts. The human brain is very complicated. My father spent his life working in law. He always said that the least credible piece of evidence is an eye witness. Memories cannot be trusted at all, as the imagination is our greatest tool of creation, and more often than not... we see what we want to see. I don't mean to be an a@@hole but I think your spook lives in the folds of your brain. Next time you see it... try to touch it... that is... if you're truly not afraid of it lol. If it giggles with a quick poke to the ribs... then it must be real lol.


It may not be as far fetched as you think.These things have been documented many times.One of the more popular cases is,and this story reminded me of it right off the bat,,was the movie The Entity
This woman was said to be tormented and raped/sexually abused by 'something' they could not see.
The smoke idea is something to think about as in the movie (not really sure if it was done in reality) they 'froze' this entity with nitrogen thus revealing the 'shape'.
You can find some info here The Entity Story

[edit on 22-8-2004 by SMR]



posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hello, good story.

Man it seems that everyone here either wants you to destroy your house, or beat the crap outta the thing. I think that the last thing I would do is try to Pi$$ off something that I did not know what it was or was capable of doing.


The biggest thing that I did notice that tells me that your father-in-law is not shooting straight is that he mentioned being monitored by the TV. If you ask anyone who knows anything about electronics this is not possible for any number of reasons I am not going to bother to bore you with here. So if he were stating this as a fact then, I would question his veracity on being as in the know as he claims, unless it was something they told him as a threat.

The story about the being made to turn around while working the approach control in the military is really not relevant to any supernatural or paranormal happening, as military bases are known to go black/dark to allow for the launch and retrieval of classified spy planes, especially if he where stationed in Alaska, near the USSR, during the cold war 70s. While the description does not exactly fit the SR 71 or U-2, they might have been experimenting with something else during that time period.


As far as the photography goes, you might try an older camera, you can pick one up at a pawnshop fairly inexpensively, and with a bit of research you can most likely find one that can use infrared film. You might have to special order the film, and learn how to use it (I know you have to keep it cool, etc.), but I do not believe it is exceptionally expensive. You might even find a way to trigger the shutter mechanism using a motion detector.

If you want to check for other anomalies around the house, you might want to try a digital thermometer (check for thermal variations in spots in the rooms), or an amp-meter (the type with the claws to detect current from a field, not the type on a multi-meter for DC) both these items sell for well under $100. I would also keep a log of the times and locations in the house where things happen, and any readings or things that you managed to get from them. You might spot a trend that will help you catch it in the act.

One more thing that you might try is to get a cheap laser pointer; you can get them for a few dollars nowadays, and shine it on the entity when you see it. If it is something that where cloaked the light would most likely not pass through, and would be diffracted somewhere else. Of course I can only surmise this as a guess.

Here is the 10,000-dollar question I have though. Have you ever moved? Did this follow you from one location to another?

You also mentioned in the last post that you lost your daughter, and your son feels that this is her. First my condolences on your loss, and not to sound cold or mean or anything, but what makes your son believe this is who the entity is? What I mean is, is the entity interacting or playing with your son, and you are not aware of it? Children are said to be more in tuned to spirits, the same as animals are. You have already said that you get the feeling the whatever it is makes you feel safer, makes itself at home in your family, and has a propensity for misbehaving and playing with toys.


[edit on 8/22/2004 by defcon5]



posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
you have some very interesting occurences going on around you and your family members. it sounds like you assume these occurences have all to do with a menacing alien. most of the occurences you describe seem to have some connection with time anomalies. have you considered the possibility that you are dealing with a very human time traveller who has somehow lost his way or gotten himself "stuck" in a time-related anomaly, that has as one of its consequences the ability to affect the people around him, though they are not quite in the same timeframe he is stuck in? does that sound plausible? just an alternative theory to consider. it makes the name "project preserve destiny" sort of ironic - or maybe not?


SMR

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomviolins
Most of the occurences you describe seem to have some connection with time anomalies. have you considered the possibility that you are dealing with a very human time traveller who has somehow lost his way or gotten himself "stuck" in a time-related anomaly, that has as one of its consequences the ability to affect the people around him, though they are not quite in the same timeframe he is stuck in? does that sound plausible? just an alternative theory to consider. it makes the name "project preserve destiny" sort of ironic - or maybe not?


OOOOOOOOO
I like that one.I did not think of that.That may very well be.
Good call.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join