It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOW FALLS BELOW 11,000!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ouch...

The Dow "briefly" fell back into 10,000 territory.

money.cnn.com...

We knew this would happen but will it keep going or do you think it will level off?

ETA: It only fell for a few minutes, but the volatility looks like it will push it below 11,000 by end of the day.

~Namaste
edit on 8-8-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
it dropped below just as the president was speaking. Did not make all the BS about recovery sound very promising. Interesting times ahead, but it's not like we didn't know.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Well it's everyone's fault but his. I think he even blamed the White House janitorial staff when I was looking away for a moment. It's 100% certain that he's done nothing wrong, never had done anything wrong and basically the entire world is out to get him, led by the Tea Party. The man needs psychiatric help....We have a 25th amendment for a very good reason....sometimes I wonder if his illness actually crosses into the realm of clinical diagnosis.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Hmmm.... how ironic that it would drop after the President speaks...

So I guess all of the investors of the world really believe S&P miscalculated the US debt and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac?

If that's not a big middle finger to the current administration and the way this country is handling debt, I don't know what is.

~Namaste

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Dow industrials below 11,000 for first time in 2011

MarketWatch

For every stock rising, nearly 35 fell on the New York Stock Exchange

What I dont get is all these "experts" on cnn, etc saying why we shouldnt worry
edit on 8-8-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Some day we'll wish it were back up to 10,000.

It's probably going to drop down to 5,000 in the coming weeks.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's WELL below 11,000 now... and I will be surprised if it pulls back above.

The announcement by the administration I think instills confidence in the investors that our Government has no clue whatsoever in why things are so bad and how to take accountability for this snaffu and admit to being a part of the problem.... so the reaction from investors is "Really? They're that stupid? Obviously nothing is going to change, let's get out now while it's still safe".

~Namaste

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
For what its worth (haha no not really! not worth much now!), the Dow is below -500 points now.....or is that -600 points? am I drunk or hallucinating? Isnt this worse than thursdays drop?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9dfa19338772.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I would really think about taking whatever money you have in stocks, and putting it somewhere a bit less risky right now, I took mine out already and I also did it back it 08 and didnt lose a penny on my 401k. Good luck people and think smart

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Everyone should be worrying, and safeguarding their investments immediately

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

In reality, I don't think our economy will collapse... if anything it means we wont be borrowing insanely. It means investors will start investing in safer stock, bonds and treasuries.

I see this as a good thing, in order for us to get our AAA rating back, we have to redifine our economy and give wall street an overhaul.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The DOW decline is simply another couple of trillion dollars being stolen from the citizens of America by an untouchable global elite.

They hide behind corporate individual status without any responsibility or accountabilities.They simply leave the corporation after the heist.

join