It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood Paranormal Memories

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by shimmeringsilver73

Thank you!

And to answer your question, I think it's because children are so innocent and haven't learned as much as adults have, their little minds are much more open than we are.

I watch my daughter everyday, she often has me wondering what goes through her head.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by afraidofthedark
reply to post by andriod

When I lived in my childhood house where the "stairs" are based, I was living with my mum, dad and older sister.

We didnt have a happy family life as my parents would argue alot and went on to divorce, and my father commited suicide. Dont know if this has any relevence?
I dont really feel I have moved on from my childhoodand I am always thinking about it.

Any ideas?

It most definitely has relevance. The four stairs could represent you four as a family. Not being able to see past them would define a lot of who you are as a character.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AM47240

Is that why you have an eye as your avatar?

I can't say I've experienced that, sounds neat though. What were your emotions at the time?

reg

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I saw something one night when i was around 8-9 which happened one night in bed, i woke up and though the room was dark you could still make things out kinda. I was the youngest so was stuck with the little bedroom which is basically just big enough to fit in a single bed and a set of small drawers. so anyway i get the feeling like when someones watching you and sure enough next the door was a dark shadow figure in the outline of a man wearing a old type trilby hat, it freaked me the hell out and i pulled the covers over my head. it was this sighting that peeked my interest in all things paranormal.
years later i couldn't believe it when on the internet i came across the 'shadow man/ hatman' stories that have been seen by people all over the world and which fits to a tee exactly what i saw that night.

S+F Good thread

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by andriod

Nah...I just thought it was a cool picture. hehehe. But I remember before going to bed being very confused because that was the first time I had ever experienced the death of someone I knew. I'm not sure if I knew anything about death at all before that, but when I went to bed that night, like I said, I was feeling confused, and a little bit scared because I didn't know what had happened to the old lady. Does that make sense? lol. The eye didn't scare me at all, though. In fact, it almost felt comforting.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AM47240

Like someone's watching over you so to speak. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by reg

Funny you say that. I remember seeing the "shadow man" in my parent's basement when I was around 16, a bunch of my friends and I watched this thing move clearly from one room to another. I saw him often when living there, and it was not a nice feeling at all!

Thanks for your input in the thread

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone could help me out with something that I saw as a child.

Just to note, I never really visit the paranormal forum, but I have been having this feeling lately that I need to understand what I saw when I was younger. So I come to the paranormal forum, and this thread started 3 days ago
So I will entertain this synchronicity and hopefully someone could point me in the right direction.

My story is similar to some which I have read here so far.
I used to live in an old house, in an upstairs bedroom. The stairs were made from wood, so I had grown accustomed to recognizing who was coming up the stairs based on the sounds of different creaks made by different family member's weight or strides while they climbed the stairs.

There was only one night when I heard someone coming up the stairs, and for the life of me I couldn't recognize who it could be. There was complete silence again, and I definitely felt a presence at the door to my room.

I gathered all my strength, and had a look, in order to prove to myself that it was just one of my parents checking up on me. Instead there was this blue man, standing there, staring straight at me. He was wearing what looked like full battle armor and a face-concealing helmet, but everything was blue.
It was one of those moments were your spine locks in to place and you cant move. I just watched him fade away in to nothingness, but he was there for a good 20 seconds.

Now I am aware that it could be remnants of a dream, but i highly doubt it. I was very scared of the dark when I was younger, and would always try to fall asleep with my eyes open. So my eyes had been open the whole time, I just had my back to the door.

Do any of the users on this side of ATS know what this could be? Do I need to search for the answer or just let it go? I dunno, I'm not quite familiar with these topics. Any guidance is much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by andriod

I been a member for a while now, and unfortunately not been able to add much to the topics...I have only had a few supernatural experiences in my life, but they are well documented in my mind. I have never been able to fully explain them, which I find incredibly fascinating.

The first experience I can recall was around the time I was 11 years old. I grew up about 45 minutes southwest of Atlanta, GA, in a small community. I was visiting my friend Adam at the time, we would spend the night together on the weekends and see what kind of trouble or fun we could get ourselves into. Adam's family lived on a large piece of land...roughly 600 acres or so, surrounded by railroad tracks on either side of the property. Late one evening, we decided to go for a ride on the four-wheeler that he had recently gotten for his birthday. We rode around for what seemed like hours, although I am sure that it was only about 30 minutes, before we ran out of gas. Now, usually we would be more responsible than this, but I suppose the excitement on the four-wheeler in the dark was too much for us to remember to fill it with gas from the gas container in the garage. We realized that we were on the southern edge of the property, very close to the railroad tracks. It was around 1:30am, and being such a small town...there was really no one around, much less awake to help us. So, after about ten minutes of trying to figure out the easiest way to solve our problem without involving Adam's parents...we gave up and decided to walk back to the house. This is where it becomes interesting for the two of us...I remember clearly that there was no moonlight...it was either overcast or a new moon. It didn't really matter to us, we just knew it was extremely dark. In fact, the only light that led our way to the driveway was on the railroad tracks. With this the obvious way to walk safely, we headed to the tracks. The lights were very much like normal street lights...tall with a healthy orange glow. The walk seemed perfectly safe and normal...after all, we had trekked these tracks lots of times during the daylight hours. Anyhow, once we reached the tracks we noticed there were 3 lights glowing between us and the driveway...which was also lit. No sweat. We were humming and goofing off when out of nowhere we began hearing footsteps on the tracks behind us..."Whoa!" we thought..."This is totally creepy and cool!" After about 15 second of thinking we weren't really hearing what we were hearing...the footsteps didn't stop...cue the freakout. The steps were quite loud actually, as if a very large animal was crushing the gravel beneath it's feet. So, we ran...as fast as we could away from the sound. When we reached the final of the 3 lights illuminating the tracks, we noticed what was behind us. It was a man walking in a 3 piece suit about 30 yards behind us on the tracks. I will never forget this memory...he had a completely white face, fully adorned with a cheshire grin, black hat to match his black jacket and trousers, a shiny black tie, and the brightest white shirt I have ever seen...even in the dark. We weren't completely frightened at this point, because we were so close to Adam's driveway and for whatever reason, a man walking on the tracks didn't seem that odd. We hustled our way out of the glow of the 3rd light on the tracks and into the darkness just before the driveway...he then yelled out from behind us "Do you need some help?" We turned around just in time to see him step into the glow of the 3rd light on the railroad tracks...still grinning. As the light hit him, he turned completely into a negative image of himself...much like a photo negative...His white face and shirt turned very black, and his suit, hat, and tie all the brightest white...I will never forget the way he looked. Needless to say we nearly jumped out of our skin! Halfway down the driveway, we gathered up enough courage to turn back and see if he was there. He was completely gone. Neither of us were brave enough to go back to the four-wheeler until daylight. Not sure what to make of this experience even today...still seems so fresh in my mind.

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This is fun, I have lots of stories to share.
I am starting with one that occured in my bedroom at my mom's house (this bedroom has many stories and a unexplainable cold draught that we could never fix).
I was 15, on the phone with the BF at the time, and was staring at blue ball of light across the room from me. It did not strike me as odd, until it brightly epanded into a spinning blue tunnel. It had a computer graphic look with the grided lines that swirled through it. It disapered by shrinking back to a ball and brightly flashing befor it was gone.
I have reaserched wormholes since then. It is a accepeted time/space phenomennon in the science community, there some recorded accurances of similar stories.

Can't wait to share more!

edit on 11-8-2011 by BananaFarmer because: signature

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BananaFarmer
I am starting with one that occurred in my bedroom at my mom's house (this bedroom has many stories and a unexplainable cold draught that we could never fix).
I was 15, on the phone with the BF at the time, and was staring at blue ball of light across the room from me. It did not strike me as odd, until it brightly epanded into a spinning blue tunnel. It had a computer graphic look with the grided lines that swirled through it. It disapered by shrinking back to a ball and brightly flashing befor it was gone.
I have reaserched wormholes since then. It is a accepeted time/space phenomennon in the science community, there some recorded accurances of similar stories.

Wow, that sounds amazing. So it wasn't a scary experience at all? How big was the blue tunnel, once it had fully expanced? Do you remember? Sorry, just quite interested

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I experienced a really intense ''awake'' dreamstate once when i was about six years old. I remember I often slept in my parents room on a mattrass beside their bed. I was afraid of the dark, and i still am. Sometimes I have to sleep with the lights on, because i feel someone is always watching me( but I guess that has something to do with watching too much x-files when I was a kid

Anyways, I remember my body was awake, but my eyes saw a totally different scenery. I could feel the matrass and my t-shirt on my body. I started to crawl around, remember I was really stressed about my body and my eyes not working normally together. What I saw was a really big room. Like a grand ballroom. The floor was in a chessgame pattern and at the end of the room there was a loooong dinnertable. I remember my uncles girlfriend was at the end of the table, and a entity i do not remember well. I could even walk around with my eyes in the ballroom and at the same time crawl around on my mattress in the real world. I couldn't get out of if.. and my solution eventually was to lay down and try to fall asleep again. It lasted for quite some time, and i tried to wake my parents, but that didn't work (I know now today that they were abusing pills and alcohol at the time) This is probably my earliest memory of a dream, and i only remember it because it really stressed me out, not knowing what was going on at all..
edit on 12-8-2011 by creatureme because: edit

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dyllels

Now I am aware that it could be remnants of a dream, but i highly doubt it. I was very scared of the dark when I was younger, and would always try to fall asleep with my eyes open. So my eyes had been open the whole time, I just had my back to the door.

Im sorry, really had to laugh when you wrote that you tried to fall asleep with your eyes open, i was also (still am) really afraid of the dark, and i never tried that one before!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

Hahaha, no problem
Trying to fall asleep while keeping my eyes open is just something I always remembered doing as a child. I actually don't know where I got the idea, and it's funny looking back at how strange I was.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still afraid of the dark, but at least I got over that little wierdness

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
As a child I had a LOT of experiences between 1972 as a 2 yr old & my teens in 1986. Saw things, beings, animals and heard a lot of things.
My family in Czecho were ok with it and put it down to a vivid imagination but my mother used to punish me if I ever spoke about anything like that. She isn't a tolerant person. (she 'escaped' to the UK in 69 and wanted to be all British and normal... so me being 'odd' was not tolerated)

I can remember hearing choirs singing one night and Mother walking in to tell me to stop singing, I said "But you are playing lovely music" she went mental shouting saying there was no music and to shut up.

I also used to have a lion that visited me... lol I know crazy stuff but I SAW and heard him 'purring' and could smell him too... he would 'vanish' when mother opened the door to my room. He used to 'tell' me he was once mine and would always be with me.

An Elvis looking guy in a white suit used to stand in the corner of my room and talk to me (this was years before Elvis died)

One vivid memory was my Mother and Dad turning my bed upside down to prove to me that "There are NO dolphins living under your bed!!" ..... Well they were wrong... there were TWO Dolphins under my bed and I could see them even with the bed upside down and the lights on. Fools.

The visual side of things isn't as frequent now and when it does happen I put it down to stress or trick of light... kinda had it beaten out of me that it could be anything else.

The last 'strange' experience (and I wrote about it on here) was when my Grandmother died in my arms... I had the most amazing electrical, fizzy, numb, swollen WHOOSH go through my hands, arms and face that I actually lost my site for a few seconds. I've never found out what that was but I 'guess' it must have been her life leaving her and passing through me?

Anyway that's just a few of my experiences... nice thread!
edit on 12-8-2011 by yzzyUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2011 by yzzyUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BananaFarmer
I am starting with one that occured in my bedroom at my mom's house (this bedroom has many stories and a unexplainable cold draught that we could never fix).

Can't wait to share more!

edit on 11-8-2011 by BananaFarmer because: signature

Your story reminds me of a very lucid dream I had not too long ago. Only the wormhole I was witnessing in my dream was a weather-related phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by creatureme

Im sorry, really had to laugh when you wrote that you tried to fall asleep with your eyes open, i was also (still am) really afraid of the dark, and i never tried that one before!

So am I. My fiancee thinks I'm freaking strange for it. I leave at least two lights on in my apartment when we go to bed, usually the light above the stove and also a night-light in the bathroom. My bedroom door must always be wide open.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Very nice post! I've chalked up a lot of what I was seeing to being a child with an overactive imagination, but not entirely.

My only friend growing up was "imaginary" (since my sister and I are 4 years apart in age, we've never really been entirely close, and I was quite anti-social for the longest time). I can't remember very many details of him now though or when and how I stopped seeing him.

As for having animal friends, I've experienced that too. I saw them everywhere.

I remember in my aunt's basement before her family moved out of that house, how eerie it was. The furnace room, if you looked at it in the dark, you can see two glowing "eyes" in the back of the room. Once the lights were switched on, it would vanish. When asking my uncle about it, he assumed I was referring to the pilot light in the furnace itself, but I knew they were further back than the furnace, because the furnace was relatively close to the door of the room.

I've gotten into very bad things when I became a teenager, starting fairly young. Despite having many self-induced visuals, I am convinced that these unexplained things occurred long into my teenage and young adult years. They've slowly diminished since then (I am now 24, and have been 5 years clean
), but I do have those "paranormal" feelings every once in a while. I can't see them anymore, but I know what's there.

Even some of my experiences in my teenage years lead me to think it wasn't just the over-useage of materials and an overactive mind at play, that maybe some of it was a little more than anticipated.

Much like that other member's railroad tracks story, I was on a set of railroad tracks leading to my house at the time, and was trying to find my cousin who didn't know the area very well (he was from another province) in the dark at the same time. I took him to a party so he could meet some people from my city. I left this small bush party not too long before setting foot on the tracks in search of him, I was alone at maybe 2:00am on these set of tracks, and I was followed by a ghost train. What should have taken me 45 minutes to walk home along the tracks took me less than 15 minutes. I was completely sober considering I had to watch out for him, but I couldn't find him anywhere.

No trains ran between the hours of 8pm - 8am, it was a track mainly used for industrial purposes, to ship product from one place to another. Since there was housing all along both sides of the tracks, the residential neighborhood demanded a stop to the late-night use of trains since it kept many people awake. They followed this rule closely.

I always told Kenny that if he ever got lost, the tracks would lead him home. If the tracks started to bend as if to turn, he was going the wrong way. The way home was straight, and he should turn around. Eventually, home will come into view, and he will have to cross a field to get there. It wasn't hard to miss.

I didn't see him leave this party, and everyone who was there didn't see him leave either. So I went on my way to find him, thinking I'd be in trouble since I was the one who was responsible for him. I began my trek down the tracks, hoping that maybe I'd find him along the way. I thought for sure he was on something, and didn't want to find him dead.

After seeing this bright light and hearing this train behind me in the distance, I ran like no tomorrow. I quickly scrambled off the tracks as the light and sounds got much closer to wait for the train to pass, but no train was coming. I set foot again, and there it would be behind me. This occurred until I got to where I had to get off the tracks. At this point, I said "screw Kenny, I'm going home!"

Between the tracks and my house was a huge field. I stepped foot off the tracks to cross the field to get home, only to have fallen down a cliff and have to "swim" my way through grass taller than I was. I know for a fact there was no cliff there, and that the grass was cut on a weekly basis, because I used to walk my dogs there during the daytime every day.

I raced home once I crossed the field, and barged in my front door and ran down to the basement where we used to hang out when everyone in the house was obviously asleep. There, sitting on the couch casually watching TV like nothing ever happened was Kenny.

I began to tell Kenny my story when he interrupted me, telling me the EXACT same thing I had just witnessed, only happening to him just a few minutes earlier. He said he was completely sober as well, he didn't want to trust my group of friends with any substances they had since he didn't know them. He told me he left because he couldn't find me and thought we could meet up at home.

If he did, in fact, arrive home only minutes earlier, what I want to know is how I didn't see him further up on these tracks, given that it was a straight line and that was the path we both followed. I ran much of the way home, you think I would have found him somewhere along the line.
edit on 12/8/2011 by andriod because: spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Free LEGO!!

Thats a pretty friendly ghost. A ghost bearing gifts

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Nah, like I said, she was a real trouble-maker.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join