It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Toilet Time!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
A German artist who turns dried cow manure into wall clocks and small sculptures wants to expand his repertory to include cow dung wrist watches.

"Artists are always looking for new materials and I was struck by the similarities in the consistency of the manure to my paints," said Bernd Eilts, 43. "I used sheep droppings at first but they were too small so I switched to cow dung."

Eilts said the idea came to him as he walked through a mound-filled field 10 years ago. He lets the cowpats dry out over a few weeks before sculpting, painting or lacquering them.

Story here

Now I've seen it all! Wouldn't these things smell horrible?

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

WTF is wrong with this guy?! Does he have some mental disorder that he's doing this? Or is he on pot? damn... when you sink this low, you've gotta be subhuman.

Signing off,
HLW

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Man the things that are considered "art" these days. Who in the right mind would buy cow droppings to use as a clock? Crazy stuff out there.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It wouldn't stink...the laquer would seal it in. He isn't the first "genius" to come up with this... Not too long ago, there was a story on Ripley's Believe it or not! about another guy doing this....

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yeah, that other guy was using geese crap right? Personally, I would never buy ... uhh ... #ty art.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Some people these days have too much time on there hands. What some people call art many say its crap. Ive seen a blank white canvas and they presented it as art.... HOW?.... He didnt do anything to it. funny thing is it was up for say for a couple of thousand dollars... what a joke

Theres a difference between a talented artist and a "artist"

top topics

join