It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RACISM (Graphic Design)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This work is unfortunately inspired, I’m afraid to say but by some of the comments I have read on this very forum. Comments not so much aimed at anyone personally though painting entire races with a broad brush followed rather ignorantly by poking the same brush into a million other eyes who are the same race. This goes for all sides, all angles who are guilty.

We are all different colours beside each other, we look different. Now where are you in this design, which colour matches you best? Now look around at the others, are you any better? Now read what those colours are a part of... RACISM.

Would you rather be brought together in a word that says humanity?

I would... I also hope one day this work becomes out-dated, the day I can replace racism with the word of humanity.

edit on 8-8-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hey that's pretty cool man. Kudos.
2nd

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

I'm not really seeing a message about racism so much as I'm seeing different colored letters arranged in a phrase. Speaking as a viewer and graphic designer, this doesn't really get a message across... meaning if I saw this without your explanation along with, it wouldn't really have a meaning to me.

Not bashing. Just my input.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

I'm not really seeing a message about racism so much as I'm seeing different colored letters arranged in a phrase. Speaking as a viewer and graphic designer, this doesn't really get a message across... meaning if I saw this without your explanation along with, it wouldn't really have a meaning to me.

Fair enough though the message "Ignorance at its best" was what I was putting across in the design. My explanation after was a statement also rather than the meaning of the work.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

This.

Plus it is really hard to read. It looks like something that would decorate the wall of a Macy's and have more to do with selling something than offering a message. "Don't be racist! Buy these cool clothes!"

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TILTed

This.

Plus it is really hard to read. It looks like something that would decorate the wall of a Macy's and have more to do with selling something than offering a message. "Don't be racist! Buy these cool clothes!"

True, I flicked through a bunch of fonts and I was perhaps a little biased as I had recently download a bunch of new fonts. I was itching to put them in use though this design wasn't ideal, I have a different idea now though, one that focuses more on the OP idea.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Here's one I came across that's good, gets the message across immediately (for those that know the basics of html) and follows the K.I.S.S. philosophy.

top topics

join