It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen buried alive survives.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Original source.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Who here besides me think that this kid is in training for a career in the finance section of a too big to fail company?

He dug himself a hole.
Did not know when to stop digging.
Taxpayers had to pay to rescue him.
edit on 8-8-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Who here can see the video?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
OP, your vid and the page you linked are no good.

The YouTube link says the video was malformed.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

That is amazing! How is that possible there is no AIR!!!! was there clothing blocking sand from entering the airway??? Someone was on his side that day!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Tax payers are paying the rescuers/firefighter/EMTs weather they are working or not...

lucky kid...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Very interesting video, OP.

But to be quite honest, it's his own stupidity.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

His actions were foolish but I don't think it's fair to mock his experience with a political analogy.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JLO1986

That is amazing! How is that possible there is no AIR!!!! was there clothing blocking sand from entering the airway??? Someone was on his side that day!

I saw an interview with this kid after the fact....He said as it was caving in on him he moved his head around to make an air pocket before the sand compacted down on him too much. He said towards the end though he was running out of air and slipping in and out of consciousness... he wouldn't have lasted much longer.
He also said he had no idea of the commotion going on to save him, he could not hear anything....he just hoped someone noticed and would help him. So scary!! but foolish too, almost won himself a Darwin Award!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JLO1986

I dunno... To me it looks like God hit the smite button and forgot to correct for crosswind.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thegrayone

His guardian angel should get a bonus for that one.
Perhaps an extra set of wings like a dragonfly.

Vent Warning - stop reading if offended by justified outrage.

Don't children learn the angle of repose of washed quartz while playing in the sandbox?
If they grasped the concepts presented in the most basic of high school geology classes then the student should be able to figure out the rudimentary concepts of trenching and shoring.
What was he thinking?
That he was exempt from the basic laws of physics?

Sorry to seem nasty but this was a 'teenager' what are we paying* the state to 'teach' our children in school?
I think basic self preservation should be first on the list then...
Reading- to research and appreciate the art of the written word.
Writing - - to convey your thoughts in print - without the written word 99% of human legacy would be simple animal genetics.
Arithmatic- To figure out that a cubic foot of sand at 100# will crush a human which has a mass of around 10 pounds per cubic foot, [fat vs lean mass, 70% water etc.]

Any well educated five year old would have known this would happen.
What do they learn in school today??? How 'special' they are? That they get a prize for just showing up?
How the Gov will come save you no matter what. (ask the people in New Orleans about how well that worked out)

* I think they fudged the numbers down but here is my source www.edsource.org...
edit on 8-8-2011 by VforVendettea because: Dell wireless keyboard - Enough said.

top topics

join