It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to speak at 1:30pm Eastern. Er. . . now it's 2:00pm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Here is the Link to the live event.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
New thread title for 1:00 PM press conference. BARRAKCALYPSE NOW

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
Its kinda funny to me, all you conspericy theory pumping repubs on this site... Sane people told you what you guys where doing to America through the debt deal. Now that it happens you complain and pretend to not have a part in it? Thats almost like what you do with Bush when people mention the 8 years prior to Obama's few years.. It didnt happen, not our fault, how can history change anything view.. Its about like when a school teaches an ideal you dont like. Dont like it? Change the facts! Dont like the current politics of an administration? Burn the nation down!

And you sit here and complain all day about how someone is trying to keep you down.. The only thing that keeps you all down is you're own ignorance.
edit on 8-8-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

AAA rating withstood the Great Depression, withstood George Bush (just for you) but couldn't stand up to just 2 1/2 years of Obama.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

I'm a Repub / Tea Partier, and I am appalled at the debt deal, and embarrassed for those that supported it. Actually, I guess I am not a Repub these days!

I still support the Extreme Tea Partiers like Marco Rubio and Ron Paul, but the majority of the so called "Tea Part Caucus" has entirely let us down. They will be out on their cans, just like the ones they replaced, until we can get some people with fortitude and integrity in there to do the right thing, even if it is uncomfortable!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Let me guess. He’s going to quote, Christina Romer, formerly chair of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, on “Real Time with Bill Maher”.

We’re ‘pretty darn f (BLEEP!)ed’

I would paste the link, but it violates T&C.

Check out the Daily Caller website. Even the Liberal voice is saying that his fiscal policies are not working.

Snippet from the website:

Maher asked Romer, “How uncontroversial is Keynesian economics?”

Romer said, “The basic idea that if you increase government spending or you cut people’s taxes that stimulates the economy and lowers the unemployment rate, is a very widely accepted idea. It’s in every economics textbook, that’s what we teach our undergraduates, and I certainly try to teach them the truth.

Yea, how's that truth working out for ya? Or us, for that matter?

I am starting to believe that anyone who has a piece of paper from Princeton, Yale, Harvard or any Law school should not ever be allowed to hold office.

link   

Its kinda funny to me, all you conspericy theory pumping repubs on this site... Sane people told you what you guys where doing to America through the debt deal. Now that it happens you complain and pretend to not have a part in it? Thats almost like what you do with Bush when people mention the 8 years prior to Obama's few years.. It didnt happen, not our fault, how can history change anything view.. Its about like when a school teaches an ideal you dont like. Dont like it? Change the facts! Dont like the current politics of an administration? Burn the nation down!

And you sit here and complain all day about how someone is trying to keep you down.. The only thing that keeps you all down is you're own ignorance.

I'm from Israel and I'm here to fix your electronic computerized voting machines...

link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by cluckerspud
It would have to be your dog Lulla.

I expect more positive words that are just empty at this point.

Blah blah blah, we need to create jobs, blah blah blah, we need to more responsible blee blee, its time we move forward as a whole.. blaaa blaa. etc.

She (Lulla) has been Facebook friends with Dick Cheney, so she's number one on my suspect list!

Since this began I've been checking WhiteHouse.gov to see if they've said ANYTHING!!!

And, of course, they haven't.

I noticed Pip was facebook friends with Dr. Ava Cadell but I didnt see any subversives or wing nuts on his friends list....

I suppose I could have the FBI run a report and see if he unfriended anyone.....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bishop2199

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
3 trillion dollars . . .

Sounds like you work for the government, spending 3 trillion dollars you don't have with someone else's future.

Be Well

Irony is underrated.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

Wish ya would have done that in 99, might have saved the world a few issues.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I hereby declare that his public name be changed to President Oblameya

edit on 8-8-2011 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Delayed 30 minutes.

(He needed a smoke break)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Carseller4

Moron, it couldnt stand up to "The Party of No" and you "Tea Baggers" you guys stand up for so much.. I love how most of you forget that when Obama took office all we heard was global depression.. I love how during this whole thing most people on this board where saying 'default it wont hurt the global econemy!' Now you all complain and moan, just as thought.

TEA Party wanted "Cut, Cap, and Balance" Democrats said NO. Now we have a downgrade. You do the math.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

Exscuse me your president dropped this (A) could you please give it back to him.

edit on 8/8/11 by professornurbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Watch the DOW.......down approximately 310 at start of speech.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Jeez, will this Obozo in the White House give it up already? I mean, does anyone actually listen to this twit?

As much as 80% of America want his resignation, it aint gonna happen so I guess he will dribble on about QE3 and how it's going to save the USA (not!), the unemployment is now 1% and he's creating new jobs (offshore) meaning either you join the Military or move to Mexico or China.

Or will it be another spin on that helicopter crash.....we really really did get OBL and none of our Seals died that day in Pakistan and the more recent incident "well, those pesky Afghanis throwing around fire crackers when we specifically told them not to be in that area because Seal Team 6 was having dinner there that evening...". Next statement "we realise now we can't fool ya ol so we have to create Seal Team 7 and a new false flag but we're waiting on Peter Jackson to complete The Hobbit to get the special affects right and bring in monkies for actors because they're smarter than us bozos in the White House".

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Watch the DOW.......down approximately 310 at start of speech.

Speech delayed until 1330 Eastern.

He's trying to find a way to say that BBB is the new AAA

link   
Will his teleprompter ever give a speech on time?
48 hours later shows the amount of care he's obviously given........just once I'd like to see him act instead of react.

link   

Originally posted by beezzer
He finally speaks.
I'm guessing that the secret service found him in a closet, hiding.

Any guess who he's going to blame?

Himself?
Tea Party?
GOP lead House?
Indigo Children?
My dog (Lulla?)
Bush?
Taft?
The guy who delivers the bottled water?

A `Obama blames` Google search brings up About 6,910,000 results
hmmm speach delayed until 1:30
edit on 8-8-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

link   
Meteor will hit earth in november. Impact will happen in the north pacific ocean.
Human casualties set to 2 billon. God be with us all

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join