It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to speak at 1:30pm Eastern. Er. . . now it's 2:00pm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Maybe he's going to announce that despite being broke, they've come up with 60 bazilliongatrillion dollars that they claimed last week they didn't have to bail out Bank of America because they're 'too big to fail, which roughly translates to . . . We gotta help them . . . or who's gonna fund my re-election campaign . . ..

Or maybe he's just gonna do a sock puppet show called Me, the rich folk and the rest of you . . .

Either way, I'll be outside yakkin' my eggos all over the lawn.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

How many times do you think Obama willsay jobs?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
Maybe he's going to announce that despite being broke, they've come up with 60 bazilliongatrillion dollars that they claimed last week they didn't have to bail out Bank of America because they're 'too big to fail, which roughly translates to . . . We gotta help them . . . or who's gonna fund my re-election campaign . . ..

Or maybe he's just gonna do a sock puppet show called Me, the rich folk and the rest of you . . .

Either way, I'll be outside yakkin' my eggos all over the lawn.

I made the mistake of reading your post while sipping a cocktail.
My wife came running into the room to see why I was coughing so badly.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by professornurbs

Whatever the number, it will be larger than the real jobs created!

How many times do you think he will say Bush?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by professornurbs

Every time he says jobs, do a shot.
Every time he says Tea Party, do a shot.
Every time he says compromise. . . .

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Get ready for the "Don't Panic" approach.. How it's up to the people of the US who have always been resilient, blah blah blah... Lies.. Blah.

Oh and he's gotta blame everybody.

yup....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That was my approach for my wife's ex-boyfriend's birthday party on Friday night, and it resulted in a pretty good hangover!! If I wasn't at work, I would definitely try it again!!

Yes, they should make booze free for the remainder of Obama's term. That would stimulate something!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You really want to get sloshed, take a shot every time he says "I" or "me" when he changes the topic off of the "Obama Downgrade"

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
Get ready for the "Don't Panic" approach.. How it's up to the people of the US who have always been resilient, blah blah blah... Lies.. Blah.

Oh and he's gotta blame everybody.

yup....

link   

Originally posted by beezzer
He finally speaks.
I'm guessing that the secret service found him in a closet, hiding.

I almost spit out my water laughing. I even gave Bush the benefit of a doubt he's only one man. It takes the rest of the dolts in House and the Senate to do something too.
edit on 8-8-2011 by majesticgent because: format

link   
reply to post by jibeho

Come to think of it, your avatar is a perfect example of our elected leadership and their handling of the economy!!

link   
Maybe he will announce he's taking Alan Greenspan's advice and just print more money

link   
3 trillion dollars says he opens up blaming this mess on someone or something else. Whatever he says I highly doubt we will be anymore informed than we were before he graced us with this little speech. I wish we had a real leader that could take the helm and steer us in the general direction of safety. I hate to be so negative but there is so little positive to grab onto right now.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by beezzer

It will be funny to watch the Markets at 1:00! The only thing worse than the downgrade, and jobs reports, and European situation, and china situation dragging the market down............ is our president speaking and saying nothing at all, and wasting valuable time doing it! I suspect the 360 point drop from this morning that has lingered all day, will be met with another couple of hundred points after Obama gets up there and doesn't say anything!

The stock market might see 10,900 by the end of the day!

Still over 10,000 were in a bull market

DOW 10000

DOW 10000

A bull s**t market....
Kind of like the speech we will hear at 1pm

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The Buck stops....uhhhhhhh......anyone want to see my birth certificate.........uhhhhhh......We got Bin Laden.........uhhhhhhhh anyone want to see my vacation pics???? Will someone fix the damned teleprompter?
edit on 8-8-2011 by Carseller4 because: 5 seconds

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Good eye! That's why I changed it from a capsizing sailboat (err.. the nation) to little Jr. playing with a butter knife.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by professornurbs

Every time he says jobs, do a shot.
Every time he says Tea Party, do a shot.
Every time he says compromise. . . .

Everytime he says uh uh, do a shot... Better grab a big bottle, gotta run to the liquer store!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Its kinda funny to me, all you conspericy theory pumping repubs on this site... Sane people told you what you guys where doing to America through the debt deal. Now that it happens you complain and pretend to not have a part in it? Thats almost like what you do with Bush when people mention the 8 years prior to Obama's few years.. It didnt happen, not our fault, how can history change anything view.. Its about like when a school teaches an ideal you dont like. Dont like it? Change the facts! Dont like the current politics of an administration? Burn the nation down!

And you sit here and complain all day about how someone is trying to keep you down.. The only thing that keeps you all down is you're own ignorance.
edit on 8-8-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
3 trillion dollars . . .

Sounds like you work for the government, spending 3 trillion dollars you don't have with someone else's future.

Be Well

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join