It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to speak at 1:30pm Eastern. Er. . . now it's 2:00pm

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
People still think their "Vote" actually counts? that is an old paradigm I see that still is going strong.
Unfortunate that we base so much off of illusions

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by SaturnFX

The only thing we are united on is to get that b@st@rd out of office as soon as possible!

It does'nt matter who is in there, the President calls no shots, writes no speeches, just stand there and say this. So it really does not matter what clown they have in there...Where we any better off with Bush?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

Sadly, I agree with you. BUT, it doesn't have to be that way! A CEO of a large corporation is largely toothless also. Things are usually handled by the Board, and by the grunts, but a very, very good CEO can come in and turn a company around by their influence.

We need an Executive President at the head of our Executive Branch, and we need an expert strategist, intelligent man, and good leader acting as our Commander-in-Chief. We haven't had either one in a long time, but it could happen!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The last "real" President we had was JFK, even though he was still sleazy and an arrogant son of a gun. We saw how far he got...

Many praised and still praise Clinton. Why? I have no flippin' idea. I remember seeing a bumper sticker when Bush was in office that read: At least no one died when Clinton was President.

WHAT?! Did they forget Somalia and Kosovo?

Also, why would or should a guy who installed Don't Ask Don't Tell be honored and praised as a "great president?"

Granted, the world loved him where ever he went but he was far from a good president. But, he was a saint compared to the next guy....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by getreadyalready

The last "real" President we had was JFK, even though he was still sleazy and an arrogant son of a gun. We saw how far he got...

Many praised and still praise Clinton. Why? I have no flippin' idea. I remember seeing a bumper sticker when Bush was in office that read: At least no one died when Clinton was President.

WHAT?! Did they forget Somalia and Kosovo?

Also, why would or should a guy who installed Don't Ask Don't Tell be honored and praised as a "great president?"

Granted, the world loved him where ever he went but he was far from a good president. But, he was a saint compared to the next guy....

Clinton got lucky during his presidency. Al Gore invented the internet and the economy boomed.
We actually ran a - surplus - for a few years.

----------
Unfortunately, the dot.com bubble and the real estate bubble are behind us.
We need something new to be put right in front of us.
- A new bubble? -

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Al Gore didn't actually invent the internet. Also, Clinton got lucky? He got a BJ in the Oval Office and got Impeached while the people who went after him for it were guilty of committing adultery as well.

Wouldn't call that luck.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I was being sarcastic.

---------
Clinton just got lucky the World Wide Web took off on his watch.
Jobs - Jobs - Jobs ! Google - eBay - Yahoo etc.
---------
The housing bubble appears to be much more destructive.
It was great going up BUT now everyone is becoming familiar with the term
" underwater position".
They owe more on their house than what is worth.
-----------
The crippled housing market is wrapped around the neck of the U.S. economy.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I was being sarcastic.

---------
Clinton just got lucky the World Wide Web took off on his watch.
Jobs - Jobs - Jobs ! Google - eBay - Yahoo etc.
---------
The housing bubble appears to be much more destructive.
It was great going up BUT now everyone is becoming familiar with the term
" underwater position".
They owe more on their house than what is worth.
-----------
The crippled housing market is wrapped around the neck of the U.S. economy.

Never can tell with ATS. Some members on here really do believe some Insane and ridiculous stuff, lol.

My biggest issue with Clinton was the DADT policy he installed along with his foreign policy. He failed at capturing or killing Bin Laden. But yet again, the media could've been paying attention to the ongoing threats from Al Qaeda if they weren't so stuck on the President's sex life.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well, I'm just glad that obamas not gonna let a silly thing like the economy interrupt his vacation: www.wtnh.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama will vacation with his family in Martha's Vineyard at the end of this month as he's done in years past, the White House said Wednesday, despite the weak economy and negotiations on the nation's debt problem.

"I don't think Americans out there would begrudge that notion that the president would spend some time with his family," Carney said.

That's okey obama, in a few months you can take another real long vacation after you move out of the White House.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Al Gore didn't actually invent the internet. Also, Clinton got lucky? He got a BJ in the Oval Office and got Impeached while the people who went after him for it were guilty of committing adultery as well.

Wouldn't call that luck.

I think the Al Gore part was sarcasm, and Slick Willy slid right through that impeachment without a scratch. Harvard Law teaches a class on Clinton's testimony!! He is in a league all of his own!!

Yes, he got lucky that the economy boomed without him really doing anything, and he got lucky that nothing resembling the Cuban Missile Crisis, Pearl Harbor, Vietnam, or 9/11 happened. Clinton's presidency was just like the rest of Clinton's life. The guy is Teflon coated!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
GEE, I wonder WHO is PAYING for the film and it's Advertisment????

Seems the American Film industry is now pretty much FOREIGN OWNED! (Along with the rest of "American industry)

Foreign Ownership

According to the website Economy in Crisis, "Foreign ownership refers to ownership of assets of a particular industry by foreign controlled domestic U.S. Corporations (FDC) 50% or more owned by a foreign entity."[1]

By that definition, the percentage of foreign ownership as of 2002 by industrial sector was as follows:[2]
* Sound recording industries - 97%
* Commodity contracts dealing and brokerage - 79%
* Motion picture and sound recording industries - 75%
* Metal ore mining - 65%
* Motion picture and video industries - 64%
* Wineries and distilleries - 64%
* Database, directory, and other publishers - 63%
* Book publishers - 63%
[A long list follows]

This page was last modified on 31 October 2008, at 21:44. www.sourcewatch.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join