It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to speak at 1:30pm Eastern. Er. . . now it's 2:00pm

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Who is he going to blame?

1. Bush, then skip Clinton, and possibly blame Regean.
2. Republicans.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
The Tea Parties fault? Please...get a life.

The TeaPublicans stripped those rights to live away by ruining this economy and if a TeaPublican gets into the White House, we can only expect things to worsen.

Don't vote TeaRepublican in the next election. We have to prevent these psychopaths from getting into office.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

They did what?? Are you on crack? How on earth did a group of 85 people who have only been in office for 7 months ruin the economy? Hate to break it to ya, but the economy has been screwed for nearly 5 years!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

When you have children who won't cooperate with the President, things are bound to turn into crap. And that's exactly what happened.

Hey, let's cut spending...starting with the most obvious: Military.

Wait, what's that TeaPublicans? Gotta cut funding for Planned Parenthood? But...that..doesn't..make sense.

Get these fools out of congress NOW.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Rick Santelli — the man whose speech on stimulus and bailouts in February 2009 is credited with helping launch the Tea Party — was fired up in this morning about the lack of leadership in the White House and all the political wrangling around what is really a simple problem- the government spends too much money.

During the CNBC segment, Santelli ripped into the “blame Bush, blame the sun” culture currently on display in the White House. He said it’s clear “we all know deep inside no country is the same it was five years ago,” and as for stocks going down, “we’re already Ralph Cramden on thin ice, now an infant’s jumped onto our shoulders.”

More than anything else, Santelli was livid about the political accusations that the Tea Party is to blame for the U.S. credit downgrade. Quite to the Contrary, Santelli said, “If it wasn’t for the Tea Party, we’d have been rated triple B.”

TEA, I mean link

'nuff said.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You really need to get out and visit your local Tea Party.

Yes, we want to cut funding to Planned Parenthood, because it is not a government entity. Would also be great if we cut funding to GM, and the Airlines, and Amtrak, etc. The government should be very small, and very specialized. The government has expanded into a ton of areas that it has no business, and does not belong.

The Tea Party did not create this economic mess! This economic mess started after the Great Wars, with the introduction of disposable merchandise, functional and perceived obsolescence, and with the introduction of a fiat currency dependent upon inflation and debt in order to grow. It was a temporary fix that has reached its very own functional obsolescence.

The Tea Party's sole involvement is to recognize that we must take a stand here. Prolonging the situation with more debt is just leaving an insurmountable situation for our kids and grandkids. Tea Partiers want to take responsibility NOW, instead of delaying it for a future generation.

Do you really think all this mess started in 2008 with the introduction of the Tea Party?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We should have defaulted and re-organized back when Russia did it.

But a certain President's prophet likely advised him against it...plus a military not willing to give up their retirements and luxurious lifestyles....

Kick the Can down the road....just keep kicking Obama.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
/facepalm.

So glad ATS has devoted Republicans who are willing to defend the politicians who would screw them over in a heart beat.

Oh wait, they already have.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I said "Tea Party." I never said "Republicans." I also never said "Tea Party Express" or so-called "Tea Party Caucus." Those folks have repeatedly let us down. I am completely disappointed and angry with the results of the vote last week, and the fact that it was mostly Republican support. Nobody that voted for that bill, will ever get another one of my votes, guaranteed!

Now, the real "Tea Party" is happening in your town right now, it isn't happening on the television. Go check one out, and you will be surprised how much it differs from the Fox News version.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I said "Tea Party." I never said "Republicans." I also never said "Tea Party Express" or so-called "Tea Party Caucus." Those folks have repeatedly let us down. I am completely disappointed and angry with the results of the vote last week, and the fact that it was mostly Republican support. Nobody that voted for that bill, will ever get another one of my votes, guaranteed!

Now, the real "Tea Party" is happening in your town right now, it isn't happening on the television. Go check one out, and you will be surprised how much it differs from the Fox News version.
'

The Tea Party actually does consist of Republicans. In fact, a majority of Republicans now consider themselves Tea Partiers but when Obama is out of office, they'll be right back to being Republicans...when it's the same damn thing in the end.

Also, Planned Parenthood provides basic health care needs for Americans who don't have health insurance. Cutting funding for human rights is immature and a complete disaster in America's progress of being a better nation than it was under the Bush administration, which was a complete nightmare for civil rights in general.

I'm a Ron Paul supporter but we all know he'll never win or make it to the White House. Am I a Republican? No. I'm a Libertarian Democrat. Will I vote for Obama? Probably not but if I decide to even vote, it'll be for him and not some insane delusional religious crazy Republican such as Bachmann, Perry, or even Romney.

But, many associate Ron Paul supporters with Tea Partiers. Granted, he was a leader of the Tea Party before Fox News hijacked it, but I'll never associate myself with those kind of people.

Keep Planned Parenthood alive.
Keep women's rights strong and LEGAL.
Legalize gay marriage in all 50 States.
Legalize marijuana.
Cut spending where it needs to be cut: The Military and the 100+ nations where we have bases in.
Abolish the Progressive Tax and install a Flat Tax.
And realize that Government isn't bad. Even though I consider myself a Libertarian, most "Libertarians" such as Stossel (douche) want the government out of Everything, including automobile safety. I'm sorry, but this is getting idiotic and wreckless. We Need the government, whether you like or not. Should it stay out of Marriage and women's rights? Absolutely. But sometimes, it's needed and so is regulation, especially on Wall Street.
edit on 9-8-2011 by SeventhSeal because: typo

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Planned Parenthood can survive like any other privately held business. If they can't turn a profit, then they can be a 501c(3) and seek donations from people like yourself. They have no business receiving tax payer money from folks that idealogically oppose what they do. That is entirely unfair.

I was an original member of my local Tea Party in 2008, and I voted FOR OBAMA.
Sure, I feel stupid now, but I still don't support McCain, and I'm still glad I didn't vote for him! I should have gone with my gut and wasted my vote on Ron Paul and had a clear conscience, LOL!

Anyhow, just because Republicans consider themselves Tea Partiers does not make it so. Unfortunately the public perception of the Tea Party is vastly skewed by the press, and it might be unrecoverable at this point. That is the reason I encourage everyone to go out and visit a Tea Party event. You won't find all of your armchair-republican-wannabe-Tea Partiers, you will find the real deal.

The only way to see what the real grassroots movement looks like, is to get out and be active among us. The Republican hi-jacking of the movement is unfortunate, and it might even be toxic, but we still have to stay active in changing the country through political means.

If we fail at changing our country through movements like the Tea Party, then what is happening in London will be coming here, and it won't be a bunch of opportunistic teenagers, it iwill be heavily armed ex-vets and patriots! It is intrinsically important that we avoid that by staying politically active and working from the inside-out!

ETA:
I agree with 99% of your stances! I only disagree on using the Federal Govt to publicly fund anything, especially divisive things like Planned Parenthood.
edit on 9-8-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I voted for Obama against Clinton but when it came to Obama vs. McCain, I didn't bother. They pretty much had the same policies in terms of warfare, and a few others. Also, as time went on, it seems McCain lost his mind...

I'm going to a Ron Paul meet up on Thursday and filming a campaign on Friday at a local music festival. I'll report back here with the results, and maybe even the video

We do need a movement in this country that rocks Washington and forces some kind of change among the government, but I strongly feel the Tea Party lost that chance when Palin hopped in and said "OH HAI!"

What's happening in London is unfortunate but it can actually be compared to the LA riots back in the 90's where 50+ people were killed. Hopefully, the body count in London doesn't rise. Isn't one person dead already?

Will rioting or a political uprising happen here? Doubtful. My generation is so watered down and brainwashed, they don't feel the need to do anything about current economic fiasco we're all in. It's a shame. Both parties are at fault here, but I do blame the Republicans in Congress and the current mainstream Tea Partiers more for not cooperating with the President and the budget cuts they proposed. It seems Congress is proposing the spending cuts that are based off their political views or religious ideological views.

Keep church and state Separated.

Am I saying the Republican Party or Tea Party screwed us over when Obama took office? Of course not. And no, Obama did not step into office and decided to press the "Fu*k America" button. Does he have good intentions? Of course he does, but he has made so many poor decisions that even his own Party is growing tired.

I guess when it comes down to it, there is only one guy who predicted all of this and yet, he won't ever have a real chance of becoming President:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This thread really should be closed, it's filled with political flaming and random insults.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020
This thread really should be closed, it's filled with political flaming and random insults.

New to politics?

This is a thread about the presidents speech and related subjects that fall under that "umbrella".

Roll up your sleeves, jump in, and fling mud!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

They did what?? Are you on crack? How on earth did a group of 85 people who have only been in office for 7 months ruin the economy? Hate to break it to ya, but the economy has been screwed for nearly 5 years!

Actually it is more like a dozen, ever since Clinton sign the USA up for the World Trade Organization and then worked his buns off to get China admitted to the club (WTO)

Our economy took a noise dive right after that as you can see by the trade imbalance. If you import more than you export you are exporting not only cash but jobs.

edit to add WTO = 1995, China's entry into the WTO = 2001

NEGATIVE = DEEP ECONOMIC DOO DOO!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e419473c7f7b.png[/atsimg]
edit on 9-8-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Planned Parenthood

You are aware of the Rockefeller connection.... and the connection to the Eugenics Movement????

...Sanger founded the American Birth Control League (ABCL) in 1921. In 1922 she traveled to Japan to work with Japanese feminist Kato Shidzue promoting birth control; over the next several years, she would return another six times for this purpose. In this year she married her second husband, oil tycoon James Noah H. Slee.

In 1923 under the auspices of the ABCL, she established the Clinical Research Bureau (CRB). Sanger eventually found a loophole in the system when she had learned that physicians were exempt from the law that prohibited the distribution of contraceptive information to women when prescribed for medical reasons.[5] With the help of her wealthy supporters, Sanger was finally able to open the first legal birth control clinic that was staffed entirely by female doctors and social workers. It was the first legal birth control clinic in the U.S. (renamed Margaret Sanger Research Bureau in 1940).[headlinel It received crucial grants from John D. Rockefeller, Jr.'s Bureau of Social Hygiene from 1924 onward. The grants were made anonymously to avoid public exposure of the Rockefeller name to her agenda. The family also consistently supported her ongoing efforts in regard to population control.[10]

In 1926, Sanger gave a lecture on birth control to the women's auxiliary of the Ku Klux Klan in Silver Lake, New Jersey....

In 1937, Sanger became chairperson of the Birth Control Council of America.... From 1952 to 1959 she served as president of the International Planned Parenthood Federation;
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I voted for Obama against Clinton but when it came to Obama vs. McCain, I didn't bother. They pretty much had the same policies in terms of warfare, and a few others. Also, as time went on, it seems McCain lost his mind...

I'm going to a Ron Paul meet up on Thursday and filming a campaign on Friday at a local music festival. I'll report back here with the results, and maybe even the video....

GOOD glad to here it.

I also voted Ron Paul. I could not stomach any of the other choices. I do not agree with everything he would like to do but he is one heck of a lot better than the Criminals occupying Capitol Hill!

I really really want to have every single one of them tried for TREASON!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Right on about Ron Paul, but Planned Parenthood provides HIV/AIDS testing along with other STD testing as well. Also provides basic health care needs. Only 3% of Plned Prnthood's services are abortion procedures. Also, when Nixon began funding for Plned Prnthood, he made sure none of the funding went to actual abortions.

There is much propaganda about this and that. In reality, Planned Parenthood is beneficial to our society. It's a shame many don't see the good that comes out of it. But this thread is about Obama's speech, isn't it? I'm rather tired of arguing the benefits of Planned Parenthood on here lol
edit on 9-8-2011 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I didn't read the whole thread...but does anyone have a link to this speech?

I can't seem to find it anywhere!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Come on it's BPT!` It's classic passive aggressive behavior practiced by people who have been lied to for years so they feel shortchanged and can rationalize themselves into pretending they cannot tell time. Come on. BPT baby BPT! Get used to it!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join