It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to speak at 1:30pm Eastern. Er. . . now it's 2:00pm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
He finally speaks.
I'm guessing that the secret service found him in a closet, hiding.

Any guess who he's going to blame?

Himself?
Tea Party?
GOP lead House?
Indigo Children?
My dog (Lulla?)
Bush?
Taft?
The guy who delivers the bottled water?
edit on 8-8-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You mean someone woke him up and told him the house was on fire. I dont even want here him unless he is resigning.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It would have to be your dog Lulla.

I expect more positive words that are just empty at this point.

Blah blah blah, we need to create jobs, blah blah blah, we need to more responsible blee blee, its time we move forward as a whole.. blaaa blaa. etc.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

HAHAHA.....that was funny! Thanks for the laugh!!

Do you have any idea what the topic is supposed to be?

When any president talks I hear....wa..wa..wa....wa...wa...wa... Ya know.....like Charlie Browns friend.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
It would have to be your dog Lulla.

I expect more positive words that are just empty at this point.

Blah blah blah, we need to create jobs, blah blah blah, we need to more responsible blee blee, its time we move forward as a whole.. blaaa blaa. etc.

She (Lulla) has been Facebook friends with Dick Cheney, so she's number one on my suspect list!

Since this began I've been checking WhiteHouse.gov to see if they've said ANYTHING!!!

And, of course, they haven't.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
He'll just announce that he's asking for more money for a national back to work initiative under the guise rebuilding our nation's infrastructure. He still has yet to start or finish the projects from his last round of "recovery" spending.

IF he actually takes the blame (doubtful) you know he's full of !@#$ and just reacting to his ever sinking poll numbers. Watch for the fingers crossed behind his back when he speaks...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by beezzer

HAHAHA.....that was funny! Thanks for the laugh!!

Do you have any idea what the topic is supposed to be?

When any president talks I hear....wa..wa..wa....wa...wa...wa... Ya know.....like Charlie Browns friend.

He's going to make a "statement". Hopefully it'll be about the SNAFU in the country.
(Sometimes, I turn down the volume and lip-synch)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
He'll just announce that he's asking for more money for a national back to work initiative under the guise rebuilding our nation's infrastructure. He still has yet to start or finish the projects from his last round of "recovery" spending.

IF he actually takes the blame (doubtful) you know he's full of !@#$ and just reacting to his ever sinking poll numbers. Watch for the fingers crossed behind his back when he speaks...

I was thinking that he'd use the "I'm rubber you're glue" defense made famous in the Lincoln Douglas Debates.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It'll be something connected to the market and the euro deal today, to try and restore confidence in the traders before trading finish's. Probably throw a bit of money there way or something.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
"Worry not citizens, with the power invested in me by the almighty teleprompter, I will deliver you into a blissful world of empty catch-phrases and complete and total ignorance of reality."

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
PLEASE be a resignation speech!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hoping someone can post updates, I'm at work and cannot watch but would love to hear about this before I'm officially able to in 9 hours or so.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
reply to post by beezzer

I can just picture you in your lil t party hat, waving your flag, maybe a tear running down your cheek, in mourning for the white man of yesterday and his loss of power over the American people. am I close?
edit on 8-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: added dur

Why is it whenever Obama is on the ropes (which seems to be alot latey) you on the left just cant help but throw out the race card. It was rude at first now its just plain sad and pathetic. You know someone can disagree and not be a racist.

****THIS IS SUPPOSE TO GO TO LOOKSLIKEWEMADEIT******

edit on 8/8/11 by professornurbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/8/11 by professornurbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider
Hoping someone can post updates, I'm at work and cannot watch but would love to hear about this before I'm officially able to in 9 hours or so.

I'll do my best.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It will be funny to watch the Markets at 1:00! The only thing worse than the downgrade, and jobs reports, and European situation, and china situation dragging the market down............ is our president speaking and saying nothing at all, and wasting valuable time doing it! I suspect the 360 point drop from this morning that has lingered all day, will be met with another couple of hundred points after Obama gets up there and doesn't say anything!

The stock market might see 10,900 by the end of the day!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join