It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churtch of Scientology's Secret Backers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FaithNoMore

Ya know personally I didn't even watch the vid, don't really care to either. The title is interesting though, just noticed it... Seeing is believing though eh? I have a tendency, 'specially lately, to remain skeptical, time will tell.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot
reply to post by FaithNoMore

Ya know personally I didn't even watch the vid, don't really care to either. The title is interesting though, just noticed it... Seeing is believing though eh? I have a tendency, 'specially lately, to remain skeptical, time will tell.

Lameoids...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Anyone who believes in the teachings of Hubbard is an 'accepted' religious nutcase. Scientology is about one thing, and one thing only, like any trendy fad, making hard fast CASH.

It's like the latest must have training shoes or ipod or game console, endorsed by celebs, who are paid horrendously high amounts of money to give the cult it's friendly public face, just like when they appear in ads for Nike, Reebok or Microsoft. Celebs like J-Lo, Tom Cruise and John Travolta (who refused to aknowledge his son's Autism and Epilepsy, and allow him to receive conventional medical treatment as a direct result of his phoney 'beleifs'. He put the words of a SCI FI writer before the life of his own son, which cost him his life.

Scientology doesn't allow anyone to be diagnosed with any medical condition, and doesn't permit the unwell or disabled person from seeking conventional treatments for things like Cancer or Diabetes. It's like the Jahovah Witness blood transfusion thing 100 times worse.

I refuse to call Scientology a religion, and I tell people that to their faces, it's a fashion statement, that's about it.
edit on 14-8-2011 by The Chez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Most of Hubbards fiction works were not even Sci-Fi, yet everyone tries to condemn his Scientology because he wrote some Sci-Fi, which he did, among other genres, to make his living as an author. His early looking into what would be Scientology was from studying the mystic traditions and well as psychology. Dianetics was the start, and the whole thing is not some mumbo jumbo belief thing, but a series of processes to attain inner realizations. I'm not an endorsement, as I think after Hubbard died, it was usurped and changed, but it makes more sense than a God having a son to die for our sins, or Muhammed talking to Gabrial in a cave.

(post by JollyAll removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JollyAll

oh look at all the hubbie threads that were dead and a hubbie apologist posted on them trying to defend the whacko cult.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join