It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churtch of Scientology's Secret Backers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The Catholic church is one of the wealthiest organizations on the planet, it would only stand to reason that they had foreseen great competition with the advent of science. As one of the wealthiest organizations on Earth they had the money and power to carry out their best course of action, take control of their new competition.

The Catholic church had already created several secret organizations. The Knight's Templar created an organization known as Freemasonry. From Freemasonry came Alister Crowley who formed another secret organization called the Order of the Temple of the East, Ordo Templi Orientis. From this OTO came L Ron Hubbard who then formed Scientology. Scientology has ties to the Catholic church through several secret organizations, it's the same as money laundering which is to conceal the source by channeling through intermediaries, in this case those intermediaries are:
Catholicism --> Knights Templar --> Freemasonry --> Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO) --> Scientology

The average Scientologist might consider the Catholic church their enemy, but they have no idea that they are actually working for the pope rather than against him.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Scientology was based off of science fiction.. Nothing more.. Link

Come on have you people read this crap? Xanadu..
Go to that link and learn all there secrets.. Without giving up your life and money..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Scientologists know a great deal about thought control, social control, rhetorical judo (defeat by misdirection, deft use of logical fallacies) and high pressure sales, though as victims of their own technology, they wouldn't characterize it that way.

Pretty much says it all right there, the rest is lunacy at it's finest.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

This may seem completely random, but in Ricky Gervais' gentle roasting at the Golden Globes, the joke about Scientology seemed to be the most detested joke out of all.

Perhaps there's quite a lot of Hollywood "backers"? Perhaps the response shows respect for John Travolta and Tom Cruise (LOL?) rather than support for Scientology.

Peace.
edit on 8-8-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

A person I was once acquainted with joined Freemasonry and actually told me a small portion of what he went through. He said that he and other members were made to perform in plays, acting out particular parts. He was apparently asked to travel to different states performing this play, presumably because he was a good actor.

Then I see that Scientology has, as I understand it, quite a few actors as members. When you think about it an actor is the perfect member for a secretive organization, they're excellent liars.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Scientology was not based on Sciene Fiction, it was based on early psychiatry, and Eastern Spirituality. Which developed into a Lodge Initiate system.
Scientology makes more sense than Islam or Christianity.
Nothing wrong with Scientology, but the Church of Scientology is corrupted.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot
The Catholic church is one of the wealthiest organizations on the planet, it would only stand to reason that they had foreseen great competition with the advent of science. As one of the wealthiest organizations on Earth they had the money and power to carry out their best course of action, take control of their new competition.

The Catholic church had already created several secret organizations. The Knight's Templar created an organization known as Freemasonry. From Freemasonry came Alister Crowley who formed another secret organization called the Order of the Temple of the East, Ordo Templi Orientis. From this OTO came L Ron Hubbard who then formed Scientology. Scientology has ties to the Catholic church through several secret organizations, it's the same as money laundering which is to conceal the source by channeling through intermediaries, in this case those intermediaries are:
Catholicism --> Knights Templar --> Freemasonry --> Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO) --> Scientology

The average Scientologist might consider the Catholic church their enemy, but they have no idea that they are actually working for the pope rather than against him.

Wow have you got me confused. How did you put all of this together? Were are your sources to these connections? Yes, the Catholic Church formed the Knights Templar. The connection of the Knights Templar to Freemasonry is theory at best, no connection has been proven.

One theory of the origins of Freemasonry claims direct descent from the historical Knights Templar through its final fourteenth-century members who took refuge in Scotland, or other countries where the Templar suppression was not enforced. Although the theory may not be dismissed, it is usually deprecated on grounds of lack of evidence by both masonic authorities[1] and historians.[2]
en.wikipedia.org...

He had also claimed to be a Freemason,[123] but the organisations he joined are not considered regular by Masonic bodies in the Anglo-American tradition.[124]
en.wikipedia.org...

The Spiritual Father of Ordo Templi Orientis was Carl Kellner

In 1895, Kellner began to discuss his idea for founding an Academia Masonica with his associate Theodor Reuss (Merlin or Peregrinus, June 28, 1855 - Oct. 28, 1923). During these discussions, Kellner decided that the Academia Masonica should be called the "Oriental Templar Order."

As a journalist, Reuss travelled frequently to England. On one such trip, he met Aleister Crowley (Baphomet, Oct. 12, 1875 - Dec. 1, 1947), whom he admitted to the three degrees of O.T.O. in 1910.
oto-usa.org...

Scientology accounts do not mention Hubbard's involvement in occultism. He is instead described as "continu[ing] to write to help support his research" during this period into "the development of a means to better the condition of man."[105] The Church of Scientology has nonetheless acknowledged Hubbard's involvement with the OTO; a 1969 statement, written by Hubbard himself,[106] said:

Hubbard broke up black magic in America ... L. Ron Hubbard was still an officer of the U.S. Navy, because he was well known as a writer and a philosopher and had friends amongst the physicists, he was sent in to handle the situation. He went to live at the house and investigated the black magic rites and the general situation and found them very bad. ...

Hubbard's mission was successful far beyond anyone's expectations. The house was torn down. Hubbard rescued a girl they were using. The black magic group was dispersed and destroyed and has never recovered.[107]
en.wikipedia.org...

It seems that every connection save the first do not have much to do with each other. The puzzle pieces do not fit. Thanks anyway for trying.

Edit to say: by the way there is no "t" in church.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Interesting - I guess i can understand the appeal, after being in thrilling movies where they have wild lives; something like that could be quite an exiting and appealing escape from the ordinary and the mundane.

Hopefully, some of them respect what Kennedy had to say about secret societies.
edit on 8-8-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
Scientology makes more sense than Islam or Christianity.

Do you really think so? Believing in an alien that sent people to Earth and hid bombs in volcanoes and then was trapped in a mountain, where he still is makes more sense than believing in a loving and caring God? I would love to know your thoughts behind that.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Denali because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Denali

Scientology does not tell anyone what to believe. L. Ron Hubbard said "it's only true, if it's true for you". I was in Scientology(CoS) for a short while, but one big rule they had, was to not tell anyone what to think or believe. It was all about one realizing things for themselves.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Interesting how you chose to disprove my connections by quoting the websites of the respective 'secretive' organizations themselves. So you would actually expect the OTO's website to say "Oh yeah we were founded by the Freemasons by the way."

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

The best way to convince someone to believe in something is not to tell them or force them to believe, but to lead them to believe they came up with the idea themselves. The power of suggestion.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Actually I was challenging your pattern and conclusion, in the attempt to get you to source something.
Since you haven't I will do it for you.

Back to the OTO website.
oto-usa.org...

By tradition, O.T.O. traces its spiritual origins to the foundation of the Order of Knights Templar in 1108. More historically, its immediate antecedents (according to Aleister Crowley) were the 18th-century Rosicrucian Orders. The initial conferences that actually led to the formation of O.T.O. as a modern organization were held in 1895 in Europe.

Aleister Crowley was admitted to the O.T.O. in 1910. He was appointed national Grand Master X° for Britain and Ireland in 1912, and assumed worldwide leadership as O.H.O. (Outer Head of the Order) in 1922. He completely revised the Order's rituals and structure, conforming them to the Law of Thelema.

O.T.O. was originally associated with certain European rites of Freemasonry, but long ago separated itself from Masonry altogether. For further information, please see our history and initiation pages. O.T.O. membership is not incompatible with membership in most Masonic organizations.

With that You are correct, there has been shown connection to the OTO by their own admittance, but I have yet to understand how Hubbard continued with the Thelema(which other than the sexual side was against) into Scientology.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Just because Hubbard founded Scientology does not mean that he brought OTO practices with him, in fact I would find it unlikely that he would. For instance if a corporation purchases a competing brand it's usually to their benefit not to change that brands formula because it fills a market other than the market they already have.

As for sources, well I can't really recall any of them as they are widely dispersed as most of my knowledge comes from a great variety of places. I know the history channel has discussed Freemasonry's connection to the Knights Templar and I've certainly read about it elsewhere too, but where I exactly I certainly can't recall. The OTO's connection to Hubbard came from other conspiracy sites so I can see where you might be inclined to disbelieve it, sites like this are extremely hit or miss eh?

At any rate I don't mind that you disagree with me, 'tis good practice to question. Personally I think my connections are quite solid, but the knowledge that exists in my head is not always something that can be directly translated into words and posted on a forum and I'm sure you can relate in some cases.

I am merely posting a piece of information I have rolling around in my head, if you like it then by all means add it to your own collection of information. If you don't like it then go ahead and spit it back out.

I guess that's one thing that is so fun and challenging about the world of conspiracy. Often the best sources don't have or are unwilling to share their own sources. At the same time the worst sources often don't have or are unwilling to share their own sources.

Edit: Having said that, postings who have news media type sources aren't necessarily the worst, but IMHO lukewarm at best. Trying to find a decent piece of nonpoisonous information in that blinding smoke screen is like pulling hairs, I often avoid news media type posts.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

Edit: Also, there certainly is nothing wrong with asking someone for a source or sources, but with the world of conspiracy demanding or expecting a source is not a good thing IMHO. In this world if you discount all information simply because there is no source then you're not going to make any headway at all. The only thing that will get you anywhere with conspiracy theory is your wits. Ya just gotta use your logic to figure out what is most likely true and what is most likely false.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

I recall a guy who called into CoasttoCoast Am and gave dibs on a couple of famous people that he had read files on from the DOD Library, and one of those people was Hubbard.

He said that Hubbard's DOD file stated he was an Army/ Naval Psychologist and had access and or clearance to information read the profiles on all personell. Also, he said that it mentioned that his job was to study the effects of atomic particles on the mind.

In a book called Cosmic Trigger 1, the author, Robert Anton Wilson says that other sources claim that Hubbard was sent to infiltrate OTO as a naval intelligence officer to break it up.

Anyway, I don't think the Catholic Church has the power to back things like what your saying OP. It is inteself an underling and a perfect hide-out tool for Satanist, but it is not high up enough to back anything, or green-light funding like that, they just aren't that high up in the Illuminati Pyramid.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Pocky because: edit add info

edit on 8-8-2011 by Pocky because: added information

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

That's kinda like the type of sources I might normally have, just never remember the names or exact programs and such so I rarely am able to provide a source.

At any rate I'm not a big fan of the information you're providing regarding Hubbard. There might be an air of truth to it, but perhaps it's not the whole truth. Perhaps Hubbard was a double agent working for the Navy in the first place. As you can see if he was sent to disband the OTO he was clearly unsuccessful.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

I am not saying you are wrong as of yet. I just chose a different way of asking for something to show the connections. If it is indeed true that alters the grand picture, but I can't see altering it because I am simply told without reason of belief. Does that make sense?

It would be like me posting my thread on the Rothschild Family Council IS the Illuminati without the pages and pages of connections and links to solidify my statement(which is only a few days away now to be titled "The Global Banking System: Descensus in Cuniculi Cavum")

I'm just looking for why you think there is a connection. As for media and sourcing I agree.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Well I suppose that's part of the problem then, as far as our communication on this subject is concerned. I'm not really sure I could wordify how I've come to believe this information. Pieces of the puzzle fall into place as I march along the path of life. Here and there my mind takes snapshots of incoming information. The information certainly doesn't come in order, but much of the time that information remains in the back of my mind and at the appropriate time that information is remembered and snapped together with it's associated puzzle piece, then promptly stored away until it is again required.

Much of my information has no source because I simply don't remember the source, just the information. It's really so random, but like nature around us it works perfectly. Some of my information comes from conspiracy sites, sometimes even news sites or TV. A lot of the time it just comes from random events that surround my life. I might hear a friend speaking about freemasonry or simply be walking down the street and happen to overhear a few words between police officers. Maybe some information comes in passing from a friend in the military or perhaps even just from my brother who is a quality assurance guy at a food processing plant. Just completely, seemingly, random stuff that, luckily, gets saved away. Once I receive a piece of information that connects to another piece my brain pretty much automagically calls up the necessary pieces. I would say it's somewhat voluntary and somewhat involuntary, like breathing. More specifically I'd say my brain automagically calls up several possibly associated pieces then it is up to my logical mind to determine which piece is the most logical fit. Almost as if I was born for this type of stuff

When I say it's partly voluntary and partly involuntary I can elaborate a bit. A lot of the time I can't just say to myself 'I want to remember this' and then recall it. Generally, not always, I need to wait until something jogs my memory, usually this ends up being the associated puzzle piece. This associated puzzle piece jogs my memory, I snap the two pieces together and they are then promptly sent back to the old memory banks. Also partly why I sometimes I post a lot and sometimes I don't post at all. Just a matter of time, something simply reminds me of things and then I say 'Oh yeah, I wanna post about that.'

Anyway I'm not asking you to believe any of what I just said, you asked and I gave an honest answer believe it or not.

Edit: This works for more than just conspiracy related stuff.

Edit: Also interesting is that this whole memory thing generally does not work that well when it's forced, like you might see in school. If I'm not into it then it may not be stored all that well. School simply does not work for me, it's too man made structured. My mind works far more like nature where you rarely see straight lines.

Edit: I'm going to see if I can't add some addition insight into this.

I see that with most people these days their course in life appears mostly as a straight line, perhaps a jagged line similar to what you might see generated by a computer. I tend to let the wind take me a bit, sometimes more than others. The wind is never in complete control of me and it is also never completely not in control of me. It's teamwork between myself and nature, we work together to get the job done always. My course in life, or in one endeavor or another, probably appears more like the course you might see a bee take from the hive to a flower. Very haphazard looking, not straight by any means, but also not jagged, very flowing. Many times it might appear that I am off course, but in the end I land square on that flower. Whenever it appears to the naked eye that I am off course the truth is that I am exactly where I need to be, it's just that the course I take is far less predictable because it's so seemingly random.

Edit: Also I certainly do not HAVE to let the wind take a bit of control, I choose to let it take me, I also choose to what extent it is allowed to take me. I love the wind, me thinks it loves me too

edit on 8-8-2011 by Symbiot because: Typo

Yet another edit
: You cannot defeat the wind. You cannot defeat nature, even if at any point it looks like you are winning against nature you will not win. Nature created you, it can uncreate you at any time and if it did it would be at a time of nature's choosing, not yours.

Haha this ended up being a very informative post so I'm adding more:

For the life of me I cannot imagine why anyone would want to fight against nature. I can understand if you did not know about nature and did not understand nature why you might want to battle it, it's a bit scary at first. Once you realize what it is there is just no reason at all to be frightened by it, he's just so damn awesome and smart to boot!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
reply to post by Symbiot

I recall a guy who called into CoasttoCoast Am and gave dibs on a couple of famous people that he had read files on from the DOD Library, and one of those people was Hubbard.

He said that Hubbard's DOD file stated he was an Army/ Naval Psychologist and had access and or clearance to information read the profiles on all personell. Also, he said that it mentioned that his job was to study the effects of atomic particles on the mind.

In a book called Cosmic Trigger 1, the author, Robert Anton Wilson says that other sources claim that Hubbard was sent to infiltrate OTO as a naval intelligence officer to break it up.

Anyway, I don't think the Catholic Church has the power to back things like what your saying OP. It is inteself an underling and a perfect hide-out tool for Satanist, but it is not high up enough to back anything, or green-light funding like that, they just aren't that high up in the Illuminati Pyramid.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Pocky because: edit add info

edit on 8-8-2011 by Pocky because: added information

You know what, just occurred to me... Isn't the US supposedly a Freemason institution? So even if Hubbard was contracted by the Navy to infiltrate the OTO he was still technically contracted by the Freemason's to do so.

I disagree with reference to your belief that the Catholic church lacks power. I think it would be in their best interest to appear as a weakling, that makes them less suspicious no? Besides the Catholic church had an exceeding amount of power during the Holy Roman Empire days and those were the days the Knights Templar and Freemasons were created. Knights Templar and Freemasons supporting the Church would've had massive backing to go out and infiltrate countries and organizations not the least of which being a fledgling US.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
reply to post by Symbiot

Any sources?

Any evidence to that might warrant belief in what was said in the video?
edit on 9-8-2011 by FaithNoMore because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join