It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brutal Takedown of Obama in NYT !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Look Out! here day come !

[color=tan]In a new sign of President Obama's troubles with his Democratic base, liberal bloggers and activists are buzzing over a new essay that is profoundly critical of Obama's supposed betrayal of liberal ideals.

The article is "What Happened to Obama?" by Emory University psychology professor Drew Westen. Writing in Sunday's New York Times, Westen argues that Obama's "deep-seated aversion to conflict and his profound failure to understand bully dynamics" -- by that, Westen means the political tactics of the Republican party -- have resulted not just in Obama's failing to achieve economic recovery and significant reforms but in his setting back the cause of recovery and reform for "at least a generation."

...Why has Obama been such a disappointment? Westen comes up with a few theories that sound strikingly familiar to Obama's critics on the right. Perhaps Obama "is simply not up to the task" of being president. Perhaps the Democrats who were so dazzled by his campaign speeches should have noticed "some disquieting aspects of his biography." Among those disquieting aspects: "that he had accomplished very little before he ran for president, having never run a business or a state; that he had a singularly unremarkable career as a law professor, publishing nothing in 12 years at the University of Chicago other than an autobiography; and that, before joining the United States Senate, he had voted 'present' (instead of 'yea' or 'nay') 130 times, sometimes dodging difficult issues." Go to any conservative blog, and you'll find many similar critiques, dating to well before the 2008 election.

Here Come Da Judge !

edit on Aug-08-2011 by xuenchen because:

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Obamas doing exactly what he was hire to do, and that was rape liberty and justice and force us into hell

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
He hasn't raped Liberty or Justice but he has been an ineffectual leader. Very good article by this proffessor that I think just about sums it up.

Obama simply did not have the experience to lead.

cj6

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
Obamas doing exactly what he was hire to do, and that was rape liberty and justice and force us into hell

Couldnt have said it better myself

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
lol why has obama been such a dissapointment? How about asking the people who were bashing him before he was elected??

oh can't ask them that would be taboo lol

only people who didn't see this coming were fools clear cut and simple.

a politician says a million things to get into office then takes u-turn

how is this still a surprise after it happens time and time and time again lol

Obama played it out just like i thought he would except he went much deeper then i thought he would . But the milk man is never late

I almost feel bad for Obama for his uturns though so blatant and full of hot air ... poor guy is going to be one of the worst presidents in history

i wish i could see all people with there mug faces with " change we can believe in "

i blam oprah for endorsing him lol i demand a public apology for her for misleading her followers by voting for dis foo but then again what would mccain have done

we would probably in iran right now

i would also add this from one of the comments in ops link

"
Well, the left is learning that ONE GOOD SPEECH does not a President make.

Perhaps if the media and Dem voters had vetted this man we might have had the First Woman Pres. but they coward at being called the word they have neutered- R- A- C- I-S- T.

WORDS DO NOT A PRESIDENT MAKE.

SPEECH AFTER SPEECH AFTER SPEECH DOES NOT A PRESIDENT MAKE.

VOTING 'PRESENT' DOES NOT A PRESIDENT MAKE.

GOLFING DOES NOT A PRESIDENT MAKE.

CAMPAIGNING MORE THAN ANY OTHER PAST PRESIDENT, IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME, DOES NOT A PRESIDENT MAKE.

BEING THE FIRST TO EARN A TRILLION IN CAMPAIGN DONATIONS DOES NOT A PRESIDENT MAKE -suehal

Read more: campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com..."
edit on 8-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
lol why has obama been such a dissapointment? How about asking the people who were bashing him before he was elected??

He's been president for almost 4 years now and literally hasnt done a single significant thing to change this country. If anyone says otherwise please explain in detail what obama has accomplished.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Oh...all of a sudden you believe the Lame Stream Media?

Pick a side and stay there, will you?

I find it very disingenuous to get all excited over a piece that bashes Obama for abandoning his LIBERAL BASE from people who hate that Liberal Base and everything they stand for... as well.

You should be rejoicing and praising the man.

I should hate him.

edit on 8-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yes people were warned about this while he was running but they hoped he was something different. Hillary, whether you like her or not, would have made more significant changes either bad or good unlike Obama who really will only be remembered by history as the first black president.

He has really done nothing of note aside from his health care bill that I imagine will not be as big of a deal as people think it will.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by cj6

He's been president for almost 4 years now and literally hasnt done a single significant thing to change this country. If anyone says otherwise please explain in detail what obama has accomplished.

I would but this would be like writing in the sand on the beach. The next big wave and you forget all over again.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Sooooooo... in other words, the liberals are FINALLY coming to realize what the rest of us already knew - the guy is simply not up to the task. Why are liberals so slow to engage their brains???

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
How could Obama do anything with no one on his side. Sorry but no one agreed to anything He wanted to do...well maybe Medicare, and the failed stimulus that kept my mother working and the Company she worked for paid their debt with the government. But the way i see it the whole system failed

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
First two years he owned Washington, but now he's a sad little community organizer who doesnt have big enough meatballs to fire to Timmy Geithner. I don't see too many folks calling themselves Progressive these days.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IceScales

Many Presidents have had to fight uphill battles to get stuff done and that's what separates good leaders from bad. The good ones with experience will get things done while others like Obama just sit and spin their wheels.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Sooooooo... in other words, the liberals are FINALLY coming to realize what the rest of us already knew - the guy is simply not up to the task. Why are liberals so slow to engage their brains???

At least we don't have to borrow somebody else's.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I never thought I would say this but it looks like Obama will be the first recent President to actually be looked at as worse than Carter was.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
*Sends Obama Donald Trump's book The Art of the Deal"*

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cj6

I don't necessarily support Obama but I think the bad has overshadowed any good he has done. Here are a few items he has done:

Ordered the Pentagon to cover expenses of families of fallen soldiers if they wish to be on site when the body arrives back in the US (2009)

Ordered better body armor to be procured for US troops (2009)

Working to increase pay and benefits for military personnel (2009)

Improving housing for military personnel (2009)

Protected 300,00 education jobs
www2.ed.gov...

Extended COBRA Health Coverage
bucks.blogs.nytimes.com...

Extended Unemployment benefits for 2million
money.cnn.com...

Signed the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act that made it a federal crime to assualt someone because of their gender or sexual orientation
www.cnn.com...

Cracked down on companies that deny sick pay, vacation and health insurance to workers
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by professornurbs
First two years he owned Washington, but now he's a sad little community organizer who doesnt have big enough meatballs to fire to Timmy Geithner. I don't see too many folks calling themselves Progressive these days.

maybe this is more progressive.

where do I sign up for 2012 ?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

LOL!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

Yes but all Presidents have accomplishments like that they can be proud of. The main issue here is that the President is supposed to set the agenda for the country and preside over it while Congress work out the details. Obama has clearly not led the charge in fixing the major problems of this country and has at times looked like someone sitting on the sidelines.

No sense of leadership from Obama whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join