It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where has all the Money Gone? Is Something Being Built?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
AFAIK the money hasn't "gone" anywhere. I dont' hold any stocks & am not a trader, so the following is a strictly amateur opinion.

Stocks are not money - stocks are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them.

The "value" of the stock exchange is calculated by multiplying the value of every stock by the last price someone paid for that stock - so the "market value" is the "expected value" should every stock be sold at that price.

So when they say umpteen trillion $$'s have been "lost" it is not actually a monetary loss at all. Even if all the stock is sold at the new, lower price ther is no actual loss of "money" - there is only a loss in expected income from teh sale.

Many stockholders will hang on - they may have bought years ago at an even lower price so are still making a "profit", and/or they may hope/reason/expect that the stock will rise again.

Many will have borrowed money to buy the stock, expecting to pay back the principal from capital gains - these people face losses when they have to repay their loans.

So where did the "money" go? It went to he people who last sold the stocks - however long ago that was.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Christ is coming back and the elite, as usual, just want to throw money at their problems. They think they can pay him off.

edit on 8-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
WHAT, the world has been ripped off. REALLY, i did not know this. How could this happen? WHO done this? WHAT, they gonna use the money to build themselves D.U.M.B.'S, WHATS THAT? They building a moon base, WHY, WHAT IS GOING ON HERE. What are they preparing themselves for? WHEN , is this to happen? OMG, how do I prepare when i do not know what will happen. I thought everyone was JOKING ON HERE. OMG.
What are they building, this might give me an idea what to look out for? OMG, what is it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

They are building Giant underground cities with new forms of Power generators to escape the coming world Catastrophe in 2012, it is sucking the world economies dry, and it is only for the chosen few. We are all expendable.
about 80 percent of the human race will be culled, removed, and what is left on the surface if they survive will be caveman send back to the stone age. those who know are getting ready as I write. Nibiru planet x is coming nearer to the earth bringing about great change to the planet with gravity affecting the weather systems, and volcanoes and they are blaming it all on global warming , while everyone on the planet is affected by Harmonic Convergence.
there is all kinds of dis information out there to throw everyone off the trail. Time will tell, are you ready?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by th3dudeabides
Money=debt. When you understand what that means you will understand where all the "money" went.

I'd have to agree with him, and cluckerspud

Say there are 3 people. Bob, Tom, and Jim. They each have $100, in total $300.

Jim wants Bob to do some work on his house, but Bob charges $150. So, Jim borrows $50 from Tom. Now Jim owes Tom 50 dollars, Bob has $250, Tom has $50.

The $300 is still there in Bob, Tom, and Jim's world (which would be the economy in this analogy) But there is $50 of debt. Say after interest that turned into $75 of debt.

Now, Jim doesn't have any money. Luckily Bob has a bank. Bob loans Jim $150. After interest Bob will get back a total of $200. Jim pays back the $75 he owed Tom.

Now lets look at things.

Bob had $250, but he loaned out $150. Now he only actually has $100 in hand again, but is owed $200 from Jim. So in total, Bob is worth $300.

Tom has his $50 left over from the original $100, plus the $75 he got back from Jim. Tom now has a total of $125 in his pocket.

Jim, after paying back the $75 he owed Tom, only has $75 left of the $150 he borrowed from bob.

So look at that. There is really only $300.

But Tom has $125 in his pocket. Jim has $75 in his pocket. Bob is worth $300, because he has $100 but is owed $200. So because of debt that $300 turned into $500. But there was never $500 to begin with, only $300.

You keep this little scenario going and pretty soon there will be $10,000 going around, but that $10,000 doesn't exist, only the original $300. Debt and interest "creates" money that was never there in the first place.

I realize this analogy falls short in MANY areas and doesn't touch on many issues currently affecting things. Hopefully it illustrates a simple fact, that most of the "money" doesn't really exist. Debt and interest materialize money out of nothing. This grows the size of the economy, but it's not really there.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It's already been stated here in this thread -- the money that disappeared never existed in the first place.

But this is a hard concept for most people to get their heads around, so let's look at a metaphor. Suppose you are playing musical chairs with 100 people and there is only one chair. But as long as the music is going, everyone feels super-confident that they will be sure to get the chair when it's time to sit down. Since there are 100 confident players, we can say there are "100 chairs" in the game. But actually there is only one, and when the music stops, only one person gets to sit down in it. For everyone else, it's like their chair "disappeared," but in reality it never really existed. 99 chairs "vanished" when the music stopped, but they were never there to begin with.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Well, I think we figured out where all of the money went.

Partygirl spent it all on her crazy musical chairs parties that she throws every weekend.

Your example was much easier to follow and more straight to the point than mine, I should have thought of that!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

But mister! The bank gave me the money so it must exist!

I am a little concerned that people don't understand this...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

You are right. If you spend $50,000 on 500 shares of a company then those 500 shares are worth $100 a piece. However, if the stock price drops to $50 per share, those shares can only be sold for 50% less then you spent to begin with. That is a loss of $25,000. Although you really haven't lost your money until you cash out. If you hang onto those shares a while longer and the market returns you can sell them possibly for the whole amount you paid to begin with.

The thing I question is how trillions of dollars are pumped into the market, and the average person is in far worse condition financially then ever. I think this is what the OP is referring to. Where did this money go? Did it line the pockets of the rich?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

This is a very good analogy thank you for posting it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

Dear bsalert

Has the money been used to fund a modern day ark?
Most likely not just one but hundreds of different ones and types

Are the people in charge idiots?
Well not for there prospective they are doing just fine thank you.

Is there to be an upcoming apocalypse?
Well if sure feels like it and guess what the more it feels like it the more likely it is. I even wrote a thread about it.

Do you have the right to know?
Perhaps not, we are the mere white mice whose only purpose is to pay taxes. It is not new it has always been that way. I even wrote a thread about it.

Can we be saved?
No I doubt it. First enough of us would have to relies what is really going on. Then I really fear we would have to do the unthinkable. No we are done.

When will it happen?
Well I think the 21st of December 2012 is optimistic but sometime in between now and then I guess.

Will there be survivors?
Yes but they will envy the dead.

Good luck

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsalert
Why isn't anyone asking WHERE has all the money gone?

I am starting to wonder where has all the trillions & trillions that has been LOST by ALL the Worlds Banks Gone?

Is this the Worlds Biggest Ever Heist/Robbery?

What is this money being used for?

Is something being BUILT to protect the planet?

Is this the End or the START of Something Totally New?

I'd Love to here your thoughts and ideas

The money is building giant underground cities bunkers to survive 2012

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I hope so!!! It would be a lot less frustrating if all the money was being spent on something wise and not just being thrown this way and that because too many polititans have nasty spending habits and entitlement issues.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Maybe it's the 100 year ship NASA was wanting? That would have to be pretty big to hold the Elite huh? So would the real threat be gone in 100 years? What would that threat be, that you would have to be on a spaceship for 100 years to survive it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join