It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Movies. Are They Preparing Us For Something Big?!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaqueFresco
reply to post by PaidDisinfoAgent

Your sarcasm is not appreciated here disinfoYodBob. Clearly none of the other members realize that you are making fun of people who think movies are conditioning us. No star, no flag

I don't notice any fun being made. Man I must be stupider than stupidiest

I don't think there is a specific agenda, but I definitely feel the conditioning in many aspects of film not just holoywood. Actually I think a good majority of people tend to emulate some situations in the movies. I think life imitates "art" more than the art actually portrays life
edit on 8-8-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I agree with the premise...in fact,I told my wife just that after we watched Cowboys and ALiens and then came home and Falling Skies was on....kinda gives you a hint

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
reply to post by kro32

They have gotten very good at throwing in the symbolism they want without people realizing it.

Look for the baphomet skull and horns in pretty much every music video.
Pay attention to what the lyrics actually say and you will see the agenda is what I listed above.

The idea is to encourage people to be unintelligent because knowledge is power and an informed populace would severely diminish the power and influence of those at the top now seeing as they live off the fruits of the unintelligent workers.

Its genius, they get the slaves to embrace their slavery.

Totally agree.

You are a person who really seems to get it.

OP, however, you're working against the people and someday you will regret that.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I would like to suggest that they are not preparing us for something big at all. They are merely carrying on with something big that probably happened in about 1945 or so and probably had nothing to do with flying saucers and aliens from outer space.

I put up a thread about one aspect of this subject matter here...

Andy Fickman, The Race to Witch Mountain, the CIA and UFOs.,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

Well now,what about Blazing Saddles?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have noticed this as well; Movies like Super 8, Paul, Battle: LA, Battleship, Cowboys VS Aliens, Prometheus, Monsters, Aliens in the Attic, Planet 51. All of these movies have come out this year or out about to come out.
I think they are definately conditioning the people to the concept of alien invasion. I have no idea what ''there'' planning but I have a feeling something big is gonna go down.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It is to condistion you to think America is under attack when it is not so you guys go to war thinking you are about to be attacked or that this is how it would have been if not prevented.

Ask your self where is the war of Armageddon based on or situated?

A: America
B: Europe
C:Middle East
D:Russia

Another Question which country is the prophetic place that will lead to many countries one day fighting against it in Gods time piece before his return?

A: Iran
B:Russia
C:America
D:Israel

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Has anyone been to the movies lately? I recently viewed the new Planet of the Apes(1) and Cowboys/Aliens(2) and while they both intrigued me with the information hidden , I was much more interested in what movies the previews showed(3).

(1) Genetic genemodifying viruses, deadly pandemics*
(2) Aliens on Earth [scouting/mining for gold]

(3) well, I'm sure it would be much more valuable for you to see for yourselves which movies I talk about but a repeating trend are movies with a new world order.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
i hope not because i'm scared of smurfs

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Nice thread. I enjoyed reading it. What I take in from all these alien movies, is simply to make money. The "end of the world" is next year and they are making movies based upon the believers beliefs of how the world will end. Aliens have always been big money makers, and to market these movies close to the date is very smart move because the believers and the general population will be more excited to watch the movie or more interested in the movie. Cha-ching.money money money

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

in regards to the caddy shack album, is a phallic symbol masonic or something? how do you decide whether the motives are low brow humor or secret society symbolism.

every bowl of fruit arranged to resemble genitalia cant be evil.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hi folks,

I'm new here. I'd like to contribute to your conversation - although I guess I initially mistook everyone for the "this post" user. I guess I'm used to seeing some other forums/boards.

I personally don't feel that there is a bigger agenda in many hollywood movies.

I think that Hollywood creates universes that people can grasp the tenets of - in order to help immerse the viewer in the particular movie.

It may be true for instance, that as in Deuce Bigalow - we might be forced to prostitute ourselves for money - if the supply of money runs out. I doubt it was specifically written to indicate our future though. It is just a plausible story - in a movie-verse that we can grasp - and many people watch it because it is a comedy.

It takes a lot of planning for a movie to successfully make returns - people have to appreciate the movie and this means that it might appear to promote an "agenda".

An invasion movie that succeeded was "the transformers", or a couple of episodes of Star Trek. (invasions from the Borg etc)

However, I don't see a bigger agenda being propogated, even with symbolism.

On the other hand, it may help debunk the idea that 2012 is an especially troublesome year that Hollywood might produce a couple of movies that fall along our worst fears. Hollywood does cater to fantasy - and fantasy that falls in line with the general populace's concerns *may be* profitable to Hollywood. Still, I watch movies for entertainment - so I am not bothered about the movies that exaggerate current real life situations. Anything that is a social statement - unless the movie is made as a documentary - I personally try avoiding, since I can't relax watching those - I like analyzing movies whose premise has to do with things unrelated to our current reality.

I agree that some look as if to be written to drive the propoganda that 2012 is not a troublesome year... or that we have much trouble in the world at the moment - to make it look as if what we are going through currently is just a walk in the park.

If I were to talk about the news on the radio/TV - now that is where I've seen/heard them run roughshod through major problems. Take for instance the fact that Isreal is in it's 5th week of demonstrations - I recently heard this on the radio and the announcer seemed to very quickly reel this sentence off and muffle the word 5th. It was then followed by some other local and unrelated news. I've seen so many instances of such reporting going on it's not even funny. Now *that* is what I would call a potential agenda.
edit on 24-8-2011 by sensibleSenseless because: Found some unwanted slash characters in the post

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I guess I have to get used to posting short replies?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Surely if you believe that movies are some kind of psy op then you believe that the media hide truths from the public (or to that effect). But this would depend on your level of involvement in those industries, or lack of involvement.

I recently heard this on the radio and the announcer seemed to very quickly reel this sentence off and muffle the word 5th. It was then followed by some other local and unrelated news. I've seen so many instances of such reporting going on it's not even funny. Now *that* is what I would call a potential agenda.

Something about the BBC News channel caught my attention, and has gone on for some time now. When the world news has ended, the news reader says 'And now for a look at the news in your area', then another news reader comes on and repeats the world news. The news on this occasion was about tripoli.

Back on topic, I see references in films that relate to things that the storyline is not about. It is one think to relate for a film to relate to something outside the story, but another to believe that there is an agenda, 'Fruit arranged as genitalia' for instance. I don't dismiss the possibility that there is genuine connections. I certainly believe that people are being dumbed down, in fact i would go as far to say that there is evidence in support of it (not conclusive evidence mind you). What i try to do is think like i was dumb (laugh if you like, i do), so that i can at least envision what a dumbed down person might think when watching these films. I don't think dumbed down people make the connection. If anything the connection is for those waking from a life of ignorance for the purpose of spreading disinformation, assuming of course there is an hidden agenda being carried out by some esoteric group.
I am open minded enough to examine alternatives to what i currently believe now.
1, People are being kept ignorant, and misinformation is to turn our attention to dead societies while the new society continues to function in secrecy. A double safety net.
2, Nothing sinister is occurring, and everything related to a current secret society is circumstantial.

Whatever the truth is, the fact remains that there are references in films to things that can be imagined and can be assumed to be the truth.
As sherlock holmes once said 'never form a theory before presented with the facts, else the facts get twisted to suit the theory'.

I leave you with these thoughts.
Some of the aliens on film, could actually be real aliens.
Secret society members could play cameos on films.
Some people in films might not know that they are in a film and think that the events are really occurring.
People actually die in the deaths scenes on film.
Red sonya; the screams from the female priest are actually sexviolence screams.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Are there any Bollywood remakes for these films...
Doom, gloom Aliens & meteors with fabulous musical interludes.

Awesome!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Aliens are just an interest of the times. That's why there are so many movies with them. It's not conditioning us. Either way we're gonna run around screaming like girls if aliens invaded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join