It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
1. In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, mint, and garlic. Refrigerate.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef and onions until meat is browned, stirring occasionally to crumble; drain fat.
3. Stir in 1 cup water, carrot, salt, black pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes or until water evaporates.
4. Lay out wonton wrappers on aluminum foil. Mound two large spoonfuls of beef mixture in the center of one wrapper. Dip a finger in water and trace it around all four edges. Lay a second wonton wrapper on top of the first, and press on all edges to seal. Roll up the edges to create a round, hat-shaped ravioli. Repeat, making 13 ravioli.
Place ravioli in steamer and steam 40 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, mix together the yellow split peas, 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon coriander, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, chicken bouillon, and 1 1/2 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium-low heat for about 45 minutes, or until it reaches a thick slurry-like consistency.
6. Meanwhile, in the large skillet, mix remaining beef mixture with 2 tablespoons water, tomato paste, and 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Simmer over low heat until liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
To serve, spread yogurt on a serving plate. Top with ravioli, and top again with split pea mixture. Finally, top with tomato and beef mixture. Serve immediately.
Originally posted by jheated5
I don't understand how that is ravioli, but I'd still eat it.......
Originally posted by marvinthemartian
reply to post by mblahnikluver
Sounds totaly fab,i love cookin and im a bit of a hothead chilly freak so this is right up my street.
I've got everything i need to make them except the wrapers, gutted and the shops are shut,will have to make them tomorrow.