It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut John Glenns Speech on Frasier

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesBronson
reply to post by JimOberg

So you're ready to accept what Story Musgrave told the MUFON conference last week about astronaut encounters on space flights? That there aren't any?

To be perfectly honest I really don’t care what MUFON had to say about UFO’s being encountered by astronauts. I don’t see one reason why Gordon Cooper a man who is very intelligent and highly respected would just make up a story like that. For what purpose would it serve? To be on TV….PLEASE to ruin his name and make a fool of himself I don’t think so. I for one believe the man and for me his word carry’s a little more weight than MUFON.

Honestly, you're a moron. Story Musgrave isn't MUFON, he's a flown astronaut about whom many alleged 'space UFOs' have been told by UFO websites aimed at the hyper-credulous [look in the mirror]. Musgrave has made it clear that all of those stories using his name are bogus. Since he's also fascinated by the issue of ETI, he's talked with numerous other astronauts about experiences that are reported on the internet as indications of ETI and has satisfied himself that such reports are misrepresentations and even fabrications about what happened -- falsifications NOT by the astronauts but by UFO nuts and the media industry that preys on their poor judgment.

As for Gordon Cooper, do a little research. He has never claimed any UFO experiences on space missions. He has some other UFO stories from his pilot days that he tells UFO conventions who invite him, but they also have been investigated -- the results are NOT reported by the world of UFOria. He also claims that he personally saved the space shuttle program from a lethal design flaw by relaying a telepathic message from space aliens to his friends in Houston, a story that out of kindness we can only simply look away from in honor of his career. But when one checks, one finds that no such flaw was ever reported by anyone nor were the kinds of fixes he claims, ever made. And in his emeritus days, after he was quietly grounded and retired by NASA for inadequate performance while training for a moon landing mission that ultimately was assigned to someone else, he was naive front man for a number of aviation industry scams that cost people who trusted him millions of dollars [including all his own money] -- his reputation was callously exploited by people intent on deception, and he never caught on. So sad.
edit on 9-8-2011 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

There have been a couple of slip ups during communications between the shuttles and mission control where an astronaut claims to be watching alien spacecraft. This one is my favorite:

NASA Astronaut Col. James F. Buchli: "Houston, this is Discovery. We still have the alien spacecraft under observance." ]

You're coming to the party a little late. That allegation has long been exposed as a prank by some amateur radio operator, presumably motivated by the desire to show how open-minded UFO nuts have had their brains fall out years ago. They had you in mind when they pulled off the hoax. You've been played for a fool and played your part well, making you an accessory after the fact to fraud,. And you probably will defend your deceivers robustly -- it's the old lamentable pattern of the deceived defending their deceivers.

There's still time. Grow up, get aware, resist cruel hoaxers, learn about real mysteries worthy of wonder.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Can I ask OBerg, whar exactly is your stance on ET UFOS?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

edit on 9-8-2011 by CharlesBronson because: No script

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You know Jim you sound like a real ASS HOLE. And to be honest I can’t seem to find anything you’re talking about when it comes to cooper talking crazy except for what you have so eloquently posted about the man. If this the real Oberg then sir I think your credentials have gone a little to your head, you have no idea who you are talking to or for that matter calling a moron.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Oh, come on, it was just a joke: astronaut finally confesses about the coverup, no one is there to hear him!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

You know Jim you sound like a real ASS HOLE. And to be honest I can’t seem to find anything you’re talking about when it comes to cooper talking crazy except for what you have so eloquently posted about the man. If this the real Oberg then sir I think your credentials have gone a little to your head, you have no idea who you are talking to or for that matter calling a moron.

CB, the falsifiers and hoaxers play on your ego by assuring you that trusting them makes you feel oh so smart.

Note how you're falling for it -- since you are so smart, you think, your inability to find out something is proof that such a thing cannot be true.

Eventually you may develop the humility to recognize the extent which we ALL do not know and remain uncertain of, as we grapple with this mystery.

And how in-your-face candor is more helpful than gratuitous ego-stroking, orchestrated outrage, and lemming-think.

Re 'Cooper talking crazy', how about looking in an obvious place, his autobiography. Or didn't that occur to you? Do you need the exact page numbers?

Thanks for your candid response, this really is a teachable moment. And the scope of this mystery needs all the wise and dogged investigators -- not the mind-numb super-dupe 'believers' -- who can be found.

Be one of the guys part of the solution, not of the problem.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

O GOD

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

O GOD

Try this: www.jamesoberg.com...

Eventually you may learn how to do this on your own. And go look this one up, too.

UFO enthusiasts who think that ex-astronaut Gordon Cooper’s NASA career is adequate
grounds to believe all the stories he tells about UFOs might be advised to read the feature
article in the ‘Wall Street Journal’ for November 7, 1997. The story by staff reporters Ellen
Joan Pollack and Carlos Tejada is entitled “Down to Earth: An Astronaut’s Fame Draws
Desperate Cities into Risky Investments”, subtitle “Gordon Cooper Was a Hero In Space but
Has Trouble Making His Business Fly.”

edit on 9-8-2011 by JimOberg because: add wsj ref

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Its a sit com,DOC-U-DRAMA?
did you watch the video ? how can you take it any other way than funny ?

This what gives the skeptics ammo. 99% of the time you should take things at face value.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the replys everyone. Even though i said 'keep it clean' and yet theres always somebody thats got to take others opinions personally and start shouting abuse

At the end of the day it comes down to one thing: No one is right. No one is wrong. And until somebody asks John Glenn personally what the true motivation is behind his speech then we may never know. And even then he may lie.

All we can do is speculate. He could just be reading the scipt or this may be a confession that NASA could do little about because its been covered by comedy. He may have done it so that if disclosure does happen, then at least he can say that he made an effort to voice what he seen, even if only a handfull of people watching understood it.

Theres no defnitive way of judging this no matter how strongly you feel about it. Its just like UFO videos. No one is right or wrong because the only person that can judge is the one who filmed it.

Thats what really gets to me about people that say: DEBUNKED! CASE CLOSED! NEXT! You cant say that!

As for the speech it shall remain a mystery until maybe one day, we shall get a confession that his confession was real

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

post by iksose7
As for the speech it shall remain a mystery until maybe one day,

It will if you close your mind to the fact that it was not a real speech , it was on a comedy program done for comic effect , why don't you email Mr Glenn and ask him if you cant accept the obvious conclusion .
I'm not having a go , but come on , Disclosure on Frasier ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I prefer to have an open mind as to a closed one for reasons only relevent to me. And i'm not saying that its disclosure, i'm just saying that theres no way anybody can say 100% whether what he is saying is accurate or not.

As for emailing him, i very much doubt he would admit such things to some random person he's never even heard of or met before

Any chance you would know how to get in contact with him though?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The “joke” is that Frasier and Roz – as “us” for the last fifty years – once again, completely miss it.

Of course, the joke only works if Glenn’s now finally telling us the truth!

Link

This is new for me. Thanks to OP to bring this.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by OldCorp

There have been a couple of slip ups during communications between the shuttles and mission control where an astronaut claims to be watching alien spacecraft. This one is my favorite:

NASA Astronaut Col. James F. Buchli: "Houston, this is Discovery. We still have the alien spacecraft under observance." ]

You're coming to the party a little late. That allegation has long been exposed as a prank by some amateur radio operator, presumably motivated by the desire to show how open-minded UFO nuts have had their brains fall out years ago. They had you in mind when they pulled off the hoax. You've been played for a fool and played your part well, making you an accessory after the fact to fraud,. And you probably will defend your deceivers robustly -- it's the old lamentable pattern of the deceived defending their deceivers.

There's still time. Grow up, get aware, resist cruel hoaxers, learn about real mysteries worthy of wonder.

Exposed by who Jim? Where? Do you have a link to anything but your own blog? You've done nothing in this entire thread but throw out insults and make statements about what you purport to be true, yet you don't back any of it up with links to relevant information. Jim Oberg is not the final word on these matters no matter what he would like people to believe.

I've read your column debunking - excuse me, attempting to debunk - sightings of UFOs by military pilots and then later astronauts as the space program progressed. It's crap; nothing a bunch of unsubstantiated claims of, "That's not what they saw, this is what they saw... because I said so." That was of course a paraphrase, but it is repeated for nearly every single sighting you write about. Strangely, every copy of it I can find cuts off at the same place and it's not on your website, although you do discuss the individual sightings elsewhere. There are no links to any type of proof whatsoever, and no bibliography at the end.

What I'd like you to do is prove to me that a ham radio operator spoofed what should have been a secure NASA channel. If what you say is true, that person would have been charged criminally and had his ham license revoked. There must be a record of it somewhere; a newspaper article, an arrest report, something. You're pretty good at obfuscation and avoiding serious questions, but this one time I'd like you to put your money where your mouth is and back up your claim. "Because I said so" doesn't cut it with me.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have another mystery I'd like you to clear up if you wouldn't mind. You claim that McDevitt never touched the movie camera while he was on Gemini IV. Care to explain this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/faad799054d8.png[/atsimg]

I tried to find your argument there on your website. I did actually, but the link seems to be dead.

www.jamesoberg.com/ufo/gemini4.htm

Oops.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

that Jim guy has issues

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
WTF!!!!! great find,my fiance says she remembers this one,but just thought it was part of the show...

good find!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Good find. Got me thinking about hidden or not so hidden messages in mass media.

check out this little peach from DICK chinless.
be well!

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
CB, the falsifiers and hoaxers play on your ego by assuring you that trusting them makes you feel oh so smart.

Note how you're falling for it -- since you are so smart, you think, your inability to find out something is proof that such a thing cannot be true.

Eventually you may develop the humility to recognize the extent which we ALL do not know and remain uncertain of, as we grapple with this mystery.

And how in-your-face candor is more helpful than gratuitous ego-stroking, orchestrated outrage, and lemming-think.

Re 'Cooper talking crazy', how about looking in an obvious place, his autobiography. Or didn't that occur to you? Do you need the exact page numbers?

Thanks for your candid response, this really is a teachable moment. And the scope of this mystery needs all the wise and dogged investigators -- not the mind-numb super-dupe 'believers' -- who can be found.

Be one of the guys part of the solution, not of the problem.

Tell us your reasoning why all of those military personal/NASA would go on record stating that there is intelligent controlled ufos interacting with spacecraft, missiles,aircraft,etc...?
I know an engineer that worked for NASA years ago,(I could care less if you believe me or not because I know it's 100 % true) that was given materials from a crash site in Greenland
and the materials were tested and were not from this planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join