It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut John Glenns Speech on Frasier

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by CharlesBronson
Astronauts are the exception I think when it comes to UFO info, they are highly trained, very intelligent, and have hundreds and hundreds of hours of flight time under their belt. I think that they also have a closer touch and or glimpse on humanity than most of us, as 99.99% of people will never go into space and view our beautiful planet as they have seen it. These guys and gals are the real deal and when we have astronauts that come forward and disclose or reveal certain things about what they have seen or experienced while in space or in flight, then in my humble opinion it should be taken very seriously

So you're ready to accept what Story Musgrave told the MUFON conference last week about astronaut encounters on space flights? That there aren't any?

If Story Musgrave had been on every space flight I'd believe him

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nice clip. I think this is comedy not a confessional, if he really wanted to confess he would have stood up in Congress and done so in a serious formal surroundings. As to his hand movement with the hand on the head it looks like he was describing a Klingon with their ridged foreheads!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well done putting the OP together, much more interesting than the plonker threads that occasionally appears. A flag for you!

Nonetheless, as much as I'd like to subscribe to your viewpoint, I don't think there's anything of substance to it. Are you aware of him ever saying or hinted at anything similar in another more serious context?

Thanks for posting!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Has anybody ever asked Glenn about this appearance and its origin and context?

I seen that episode. He was talking as in confessing what he felt guilty for hiding all his life.
I think the best way to find out is ask him what his thought on that episode are.
He is retired NASA. He obviously signed a non-disclosure agreement. Expressing his opinion wouldn't necessarily violate that.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

yes I saw him do that but the one I'm speaking of is when Frasier is speaking to the girl(at the 3 min mark) and in the background he's,what I can make out,describing what the aliens looked like.That's my observation anyway what do you think?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Personally, I believe the whole idea that aliens are nothing but evil and want to destroy us is a bunch of baloney.

The people in power want us to believe this of course because they're insecure and fear that if ET were to land that they'd lose all their power, and this backwards society as we know it will collapse. I say bring it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I think its this week that Fact Or Faked will do a show on this. They will try to re create the moon landing in a studio.
I believe we went to the moon. I tried to find transcripts of the show that is being discussed but every page I find turns up 404'd when I click the link.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

edit on 8-8-2011 by CharlesBronson because: video not working

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

edit on 8-8-2011 by CharlesBronson because: video not working

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

edit on 8-8-2011 by CharlesBronson because: having video issues

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Before you started this thread you should have done a search as I just did and you would have found countless threads about this topic.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks for the help

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

So you're ready to accept what Story Musgrave told the MUFON conference last week about astronaut encounters on space flights? That there aren't any?

To be perfectly honest I really don’t care what MUFON had to say about UFO’s being encountered by astronauts. I don’t see one reason why Gordon Cooper a man who is very intelligent and highly respected would just make up a story like that. For what purpose would it serve? To be on TV….PLEASE to ruin his name and make a fool of himself I don’t think so. I for one believe the man and for me his word carry’s a little more weight than MUFON.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Regarding the OP, I'm inclined to believe that what Glenn described were real events. Why he made this "disclosure" on Frazier of all places is a mystery to me; but by saying it on a sitcom, he could always say, "Hey, it's a fictional comedy, I just read what they told me to read" and still maintain plausible deniability. What got me was when he said "I don't like lying, and I felt really uncomfortable saying some of the things they (NASA) told me to say." That's NOT comedy. That was a confession from an honorable man.

Originally posted by CharlesBronson

edit on 8-8-2011 by CharlesBronson because: having video issues

Gordo Cooper is far from the only astronaut to have claimed sighting alien spacecraft (notice I did NOT say "UFO," which can be anything that can't be identified.)

Buzz Aldrin claimed for years to have seen a craft, only to change his story later - much later - to opine that what he saw was actually one of the four doors that opened so that the Command Module could turn around and dock with the L.E.M.

Edgar Mitchell however has stuck to his guns and will tell anyone who will listen about his encounters.

Former Apollo 14 moonwalker Edgar Mitchell claimed, in a recent radio interview, that not only have aliens been visiting the Earth for the past sixty years since the Roswell incident, but that Earth governments are aware of this fact and are covering it up.

Mitchell claims that sources at NASA, the military, and the intelligence community have described these aliens as, "little people who look strange to us." The aliens have a small body frame, a large head, and large eyes as has been traditionally depicted in popular films and television.

Mitchell made the claim on the popular British radio show Kerrang!, which generally covers music and popular culture. The host of the show, Nick Margerrison, thought at first that Edgar Mitchell was indulging in a little astronaut humor until he realized that Mitchell was deadly serious. NASA, of course, is trying to downplay Edgar Mitchell's remarks and is denying that it is involved in some sort of alien conspiracy cover up.Read more @ the SOURCE

Here is the audio of the interview mentioned above, and it is unambiguous:

The only way NASA can dispute this is to call Mitchell a liar, or claim that he has been mentally ill for the last 50 years. To the best of my knowledge, NASA has done neither.

There have been a couple of slip ups during communications between the shuttles and mission control where an astronaut claims to be watching alien spacecraft. This one is my favorite:

NASA Astronaut Col. James F. Buchli: "Houston, this is Discovery. We still have the alien spacecraft under observance."

This next video has more transmissions between astronauts in space and mission control, as well as radio conversations between airline pilots and air traffic control, describing their real-time encounters with UFOs:

Airline pilots, and especially astronauts, are rigorously tested for mental stability; having hundreds of hours of flight time apiece, they are also experienced observers of aerial phenomenon of all types. They are not the kind of people who joke around or are prone to make wild claims. I tend to believe them over NeverAStraightAnswer.

ETA: S&F for the OP
edit on 8/8/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/8/2011 by OldCorp because: Spellin an punkshoeation

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by iksose7

towards the end of the clip he was doing some sort of hand gestures on his head,any idea what that was?
or if it was significant?
I'm curious as to what movies he was referring to,I mean really what could he have seen that would give them nightmares?Could it be the movie Alien??....that gives me the willies
edit on 8-8-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

He says you see would only otherwise see them in your dreams

This ties into the industry exposed video series

Also the Vigilant citizen scenario

I think there is more here.

Aliens could also be spirits

to be alien could also me alienated or cast out aka lucifer.

LoL I love these threads

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

Angels,or demons I don't know which it is but something is beyond our seeing and hearing.I find it incredible that there are people out there that still believe we are the only ones around.Scientist have looked in the most hidden places on earth and have found life.If you see the bigger picture in the universe we are made up of the same building blocks of life,why not life on other planets?It seems so backwards not think life exist elsewhere.
There is so much we don't know,or not told,but for my own beliefs I know we are not.... "it"

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MareBellator
Personally, I believe the whole idea that aliens are nothing but evil and want to destroy us is a bunch of baloney.

The people in power want us to believe this of course because they're insecure and fear that if ET were to land that they'd lose all their power, and this backwards society as we know it will collapse.I say bring it.

Yeah!

Recently I feel like we are some kind of "Natural Reserve", as we would "quarantine" a piece of virgin jungle to protect a tribe from the modern world... And I'm getting tired of being left here along all the "little monkeys" that didn't realize many of us have moved on with this things called "evolution" (Bill hicks-wise)...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I think you're reading into this more than what it is. It's clearly a comedy sketch where he supposedly is spilling the beans and making history about seeing aliens while Frasier and his girlfriend are missing the entire confession.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I saw this when it aired here in the UK , but I saw it for what it was .....Comedy , Glenns Speech see's him spilling his guts on the NASA coverup while Frasier and Roz are too busy arguing and miss it , Irony at its best

oh thank God I didn't have to go down the posts that far to find someone with an ounce of sense!
(it isn't irony, but you got the point of the humor)

Anyone else that didn't get the humor.....well...that is why they insert those annoying laugh tracks...because they need to tell you when something is funny.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069

Has anybody ever asked Glenn about this appearance and its origin and context?

I seen that episode. He was talking as in confessing what he felt guilty for hiding all his life.
I think the best way to find out is ask him what his thought on that episode are.
He is retired NASA. He obviously signed a non-disclosure agreement. Expressing his opinion wouldn't necessarily violate that.

This is one of the widespread myths about 'astronaut ufo stories'. But even Cooper and Mitchell make it clear they never were constrained from any comments re UFOs and their space experiences. This 'secret contract' story appears to be completely bogus, a figment of fevered imaginations of fantasy-driven fanatics. .It's also a convenient excuse to reject direct testimony of witnesses whose statements are inconvenient to your delusions.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join