It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Debt Problem Worse than Portugal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

China's Debt Problem Worse than Portugal

www.foxbusiness.com

Government officials in China, the largest foreign holder of U.S. debt, have been chastising the U.S. over Standard & Poor’s downgrade to AA+.

Guan Jianzhong, chairman of Dagong Global Credit Rating, has said the U.S. dollar is “gradually [being] discarded by the world,” and the “process will be irreversible.”

But China’s debt-to-GDP ratio is worse than the United States’ ratio. It is worse than insolvent Portugal, which is now relying heavily on the European Central Bank for help, and had to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
For those of you who are touting China as the next economic powerhouse, you might want to read this. Not only are they in deeper than Portugal, but if the US had defaulted they would have been in deeper doo-doo than they are now. Due to the US still being able to dictate monetary policy, the dollar is still the preferred global currency. Let's see how long China can keep it's ghost towns viable before their economic system collapses.

www.foxbusiness.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

GOOD Find!

GEE maybe this is why China is in such deep DOO DOO

...In Asia Pacific, J.P. Morgan operates through 27 offices in 15 countries and has built its business over a history of almost 160 years in the region.

J.P. Morgan commenced operations in China in 1921 with the opening of an office in Shanghai. Today, J.P. Morgan in China offers its clients a wide range of services across investment banking, risk management, commodities, cash management, trade finance, loans, foreign exchange and derivatives, asset management, futures brokerage and private equity. The firm serves Chinese and international corporates, financial institutions and government agencies through its network of offices and branches in Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Harbin and Zhongshan. www.jpmorganchina.com.cn...

Perhaps it is time for nations to declare Fractional Reserve Banking a "CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY"

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Yeah, the Chinese warning the US to get it's financial house in order. Isn't that kind of like the pot calling the kettle black?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I have find this article in an other website.
economicsnewspaper.com...

Should I stay or should I go....funny that you can always find contrary of one source.
I am not an expert so this above is just for information.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
So, are there any countries in the world that aren't in huge debt?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This story, citing the EXACT SAME ARTICLE has already been posted.
Given the EXACT SAME THREAD TITLE, you can hardly say a search didnt work for you because you didnt know what words to search for.

abovetopsecret

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Are people still using the Chinese ghost cities as a way to attack their incompetence and manipulation of national growth figures?

LOL!

Let's face it people, every nation with a central bank is in good ol fashioned debt. The way I see it, China has been spending TONS of money to invest in infrastructure for future growth. Don't get me wrong, billions of dollars have been funneled into accounts of corrupt government officials, executives of state owned enterprises and private contractors. In terms of debt and the ability to pay it off (as they still are the de facto manufacturers for the world), China is in a much better place than America and yes, even portugal.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
So, are there any countries in the world that aren't in huge debt?

If the country itself has a "central" bank which is part of the ISB/IMF hydra; the answer is "no."

The 'banking' paradigm in place by central banks is to monopolize monetary policy thus rendering every nation of people subject to their idea of 'correct' debt hoarding, with them as the sole proprietor of monies and wealth.

While we still discuss this as if 'nationality' had something to do with it, we are debating in a vacuum. The market can't be free - regardless of government meddling - because as long as a government-sanctioned monopoly on credit ratings and monetary policy exists, that cartel of institutions holds all the cards.

Isn't it funny how people who have nothing to do with the creation of wealth, labor, or resources are the richest in the world? They are the middlemen... from whence government leaders come and go.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This S & P credit rating downgrade of the U.S. Is clearly a intentional manipulation of the Worlds economy. S & P is a subsidy of McGraw-Hill Corp. It headquarters is at Rockerfeller center NYC. So why would an American Corporation deliver such a devastating and Treasonous blow to it's own Nations economy and thereby the Worlds? It has ties to Wall St. Obviously. Our economy is being manipulated again by no doubt a very small, very rich group with evil intent. The China story? It's from FOX. Ruppert Murddock. Does anyone TRUST the MSM anymore? They too are but a mechanism of control. Wake up and smell the dog sh$t everybody! PEACE.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Its funny, but since all this downgrading America has come out, there has been many threads being made about china by people who are scared because their country is going to sh*t. If you really think China can't handle their dept, then you know nothing. China situation is far better than America, and Portugal . Unlike most Countries, China plan decades ahead, not a few years ahead. They are not the oldest and wisest civilisation for nothing you know!

As America's troubles get worse, the more we will start seeing propaganda threads about China. Its just fear. Fear that you are not top dog anymore.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

They said there might be another downgrade from AA+; perhaps AA- ?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
There's going to be a lot of these anti Chinese threads (rants) by terrified Americans in desperate denial over the fact that they're even more screwed than the rest of the western world, I'm only seeing two answers coming from the Americans on here

answer 1; Screw the world, don't pay them

Answer 2; Nuke 'em

Neither of which are feasible and will only lead to a complete breakdown of the world as we know it.

edited to add @ jay-morris HA HA snap

edit on 8/8/11 by yellowbeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by haarvik

Its funny, but since all this downgrading America has come out, there has been many threads being made about china by people who are scared because their country is going to sh*t. If you really think China can't handle their dept, then you know nothing. China situation is far better than America, and Portugal . Unlike most Countries, China plan decades ahead, not a few years ahead. They are not the oldest and wisest civilisation for nothing you know!

As America's troubles get worse, the more we will start seeing propaganda threads about China. Its just fear. Fear that you are not top dog anymore.

Totally agreed, this is why so many threads exist solely on the topic of China vs America in a fantasy war standoff. Americans are so frustrated with the fact they we are no longer numero uno, that we must look towards violence and war to solve our issues.

Very sad actually...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
There's going to be a lot of these anti Chinese threads (rants) by terrified Americans in desperate denial over the fact that they're even more screwed than the rest of the western world, I'm only seeing two answers coming from the Americans on here

answer 1; Screw the world, don't pay them

Answer 2; Nuke 'em

Neither of which are feasible and will only lead to a complete breakdown of the world as we know it.

I love American mentality, almost comic-like.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Okay, first off, there's nothing "clear" about that. It is arguably what you say it is, but "clearly" is definitely not the right word.

Second off, an American corporation would do that... If they thought it was the true thing to do. If they feel a responsibility to tell the truth about people's credit ratings, and that the U.S. is in too much debt and is not working to fix it, then to do anything but reduce our rating would be corrupt. And you know how much we all hate corruption around here.

Third, they serve a worldwide market; they are based in the US but it is not fair to call them an American Corporation.

reply to post by Maxmars

Aaah... That all makes a kind of sense while also flying right over my head. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Yeah, the Chinese warning the US to get it's financial house in order. Isn't that kind of like the pot calling the kettle black?

Classic behavior of criminals. Always point to the other guy and accuse him FIRST of your misdeeds. Takes the wind right out of their sails and puts them on the defensive.

Didn't your sib or playground rival ever do that to you?
edit on 8-8-2011 by crimvelvet because: fumble fingers

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
This S & P credit rating downgrade of the U.S. Is clearly a intentional manipulation of the Worlds economy. S & P is a subsidy of McGraw-Hill Corp. It headquarters is at Rockerfeller center NYC. So why would an American Corporation deliver such a devastating and Treasonous blow to it's own Nations economy and thereby the Worlds? It has ties to Wall St. Obviously. Our economy is being manipulated again by no doubt a very small, very rich group with evil intent. The China story? It's from FOX. Ruppert Murddock. Does anyone TRUST the MSM anymore? They too are but a mechanism of control. Wake up and smell the dog sh$t everybody! PEACE.

I missed this post, everybody heed what this post is about. S&P dropping the credit rating was NOT by accident. They could've dropped the rating a LONG time ago when China's Dagong did first. It was pre-meditated and done for a reason, they want to create panic in the markets where smart money (insiders/execs/elite) win, and the people lose. This is a formula that has always worked, same as 08 crash, same as whatever, just look at the big picture.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Oh I don't think the US is any better, just posting the facts. The US has been top dog for too long and got way too comfortable, hence our debt. My point was that they also play the printing money game, and for them to say what they did is kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. Personally, I would like to see the US economy fail. It would then allow us to hopefully remove the FED and get rid of our controlled banks.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

reply to post by Maxmars

Aaah... That all makes a kind of sense while also flying right over my head. Thank you.

.... I'm sorry... I guess I slipped into 'babbling' mode there...

I am mostly assuming that every major (industrialized - perhaps?) country on this planet bases their economic system and currency on whatever their "central bank" says is 'correct.'

So, in the case of my country, We will base the money that people use to buy goods and services, on the banks 'reserve' notes.... these notes, of course do not represent 'wealth' (as I had been lead to expect) but actually they represent debt... an amount of wealth that no one has yet produced....

The currency is 'reserved' because it does not exist as wealth,. ie; labor performed, a product created, or a service provided.... and compound with that the fact that a bank which is owed $100 for a loan, can use the "not yet repaid" amount to make 10 OTHER loans.... which ALSO can then be made into OTHER loans.. and so on and so on.... it's called "fractional reserve lending" and is the reason why the legislated monopoly of the Federal reserve Bank here, as well as in China, and Europe and everywhere else, are swimming in wealth... Every dollar they loan out multiplies like a virus for bankers, and it's all because they can lend money they don't really have.

The debt is bundled together and the debt royalty then gamble on whether it will be paid back or not, and when. They call it "investing" to make sure we don't think of it as the gambling it really is....

The central banks play at this too, and China is no different... seeing the US at the time as the best "bet" they dumped lot's of their 'debt' into our system.... which they call "buying" because again, the world is not supposed to see debt for what it is... we are meant to believe that debt = wealth.

This racket is global and the revenue stream of the International Monetary Fund (the political branch of the banking cartel) and the International Settlements Bank (the mothership) is constantly swelling to extremes as they can't figure out how to hide this massive debt game.... (they prefer to 'spring' it on nations as a surprise - it's politically useful that way).

----- America... and China - and the rest of the financial ministers of other nations have known for half a century EXACTLY what was happening as the balance sheets and game theory unfolded .... not one of them was 'surprised' and if they were, they are incompetent.... after all 1 + 1 has yet to cease being 2. I heard one pundit saying how for at least 40 years we have known this fiscal point was approaching.... yet somehow here we are as if we had been blindfolded and kept ignorant... we weren't. It's just so much fun gambling with other peoples money and being rich, they really didn't care about the consequences.... because there are none for them.... ever.

Now Chinese captains of ideology and America political thespians will make noises with their face holes, patronizing, nonsensical snippets of 'cool sounding' words to pretend they actually know and care about the matter... meanwhile they coordinate their investment portfolios with insider knowledge and laugh all the way to the bank.... which, oddly enough.... supports them.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join