It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hillary Waiting to Pounce on the Bid for POTUS??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The idea has certainly been talked about throughout the past several months however, the recent developments with his botched debt negotiations and the subsequent S&P downgrade have really stirred the pot and fed the rumor mill. Obama's base is collapsing and the borderline voters who threw him a bone in 2008 now realize that they got a raw deal.

Remember the tough year long battle between Obama and Hillary in the Primary? It was close and Hillary "only missed it by that much". That race went down to the wire in June 2008 and Hillary didn't concede the nomination until several days after the last primary. Hillary does not give up easily! I wonder what was talked about during those in between days?? Anyway, the rest is history. We all know where Hillary ended up and we also got the feeling she was just a little bitter regarding her new role as second fiddle to Obama.

In the early months of Obama's term it was clear that Hillary was getting the rub from the new administration by bypassing the State Dept.in his announcement he would send a new ambassador to Syria. He bypassed the Senate on the Syrian Ambassador as well. ( Look where Syria is now). Hillary wasn't happy!

Now, here we are on the heels of the 2012 election and a heavily battered Obama is licking his wounds after getting smacked from all sides of the political theater. The Dems. are not happy with him and neither is his fan base from the far left.

Is the moment ripe for Hillary to run him up in a primary challenge? I am certainly no supporter of hers in general but I see no other candidate with the power, clout and popularity that could actually defeat him. Hillary's supporters are still out there in large numbers and would love to see her in the White House.

As Democratic disgust with Obama’s debt fumbling spreads, Clinton supporters recall her 3 a.m. phone-call warnings—and angry, frustrated liberals are muttering that she should mount a 2012 challenge.

At a New York political event last week, Republican and Democratic office-holders were all bemoaning President Obama’s handling of the debt-ceiling crisis when someone said, “Hillary would have been a better president.”

“Every single person nodded, including the Republicans,” reported one observer.

Looking as if she were about to cry, an 83-year-old Obama supporter shook her head. “I’m so disappointed in him,” she said. “It’s true: Hillary is tougher.”

in Connecticut, a businessman who raised money for Obama in 2008 said, “I’m beyond disgusted.” In New Jersey, a teacher reported that even her friends in the Obama administration are grievously disillusioned with his lack of leadership—and many have begun to whisper about a Democratic challenge for the 2012 presidential nomination. “I think people are furtively hoping that Hillary runs,” she said.

"We told you so"

The son of a longtime Democratic congressman from Texas, a 73-year-old lawyer is so enraged with Obama that he’s threatening not to vote for the 2012 Democratic ticket—the first time in his entire life that he’s contemplated such apostasy.

Among many of the 18 million Americans who supported Hillary Clinton in 2008, the reaction is simple and bitter: “We told you so.”

Obama's weakness is very clear to the Dems and to the GOP

Among Clinton fans, particularly older women, the language was frequently far more caustic. “Obama has no spine and no balls,” said a 67-year-old New Yorker.

“Those of us who were bewitched by his eloquence on the campaign trail chose to ignore some disquieting aspects of his biography: that he had accomplished very little before he ran for president, having never run a business or a state; that he had a singularly unremarkable career as a law professor, publishing nothing in 12 years at the University of Chicago other than an autobiography; and that, before joining the United States Senate, he occasionally, as a state senator in Illinois, voted ‘present’ on difficult issues,” wrote Westen, author of The Political Brain: The Role of Emotion in Deciding the Fate of the Nation.

Some pundits suggest that she would never make the run but I doubt that she would take their advice!!

However unlikely a Democratic challenger might seem at present, Obama would be foolish not to heed the deep dissatisfaction represented by such speculation, which is now spreading like an ominous brush fire. Given the abundance of devastating economic news lately, he would also do well to remember the Clintons’ rallying cry from the 1992 election.

“There’s no question in my mind that Obama is a one-term president,” says one passionate Democrat. “Even if he were a great president, this economy is a calamity. And in the end, ‘It’s the economy, stupid.’”

Pop your popcorn folks I think things are about to get interesting! August was predicted to bring surprises and the wrapping is slowly being pulled off. I still think Hillary is holding on to some insurance info. on Obama and it may be time to cash it in.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Clinton is in a unique position as Sec. of State to manipulate world events to better her chances of producing a bid in 2012.
I wouldn't put it past her.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
In my world, her carreer should have been over with the UN diplomats spying.
It happened under her watch.
But with the US, anything can happen.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Great point! Furthermore, I never underestimate the power and the connections of the Clinton Machine. If Bill would have been allowed to run for a third term he would have won! Hillary and Bill are far more intelligent and cunning than Barack and Michelle could ever hope to be. The Billary force is a strong one and I can imagine that Bill has been working behind the scenes for quite sometime. He certainly has made an effort to stay relevant in his retirement years.

We are in for one hell of a ride....and we are still waiting for our nation fall deeper into chaos before the real action begins. I think the tipping point has just about been reached.

new topics

top topics

join