It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Global Stock Market Collapse Watch

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
As for the US market; nice move yesterday, today seems to be more of a holding pattern. Obviously Bernanke looms. Friday will be hectic for sure.

As a matter of fact, the FED is just about bankrupt and can only shuffle its portfolio around, sell its short bills to buy long. It´s leveraged 50-60 times against its own capital. This is way worse than Lehman Brothers. I think it should be seized and nationalized immediately.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by galdur

Yes the Fed should be done away with, but I wonder what if the replacement would be twice as worse? We all know the same players would be involved with whatever institution they establish to replace it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by galdur

Looks like all the metals are correcting at the same time. Gold, Silver, Palladium, platinum all down from 2.5 - 6%. Quite the roller coaster.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Yeah, but at this point I can only hope that government´s incompetence and corruption has reached bottom, is finally at long last oversold to the point of a huge correction. Every trend is only sustainable for so long then it reverses.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Coffee is on the move, up about 20% in the last two weeks. It´s at 273, all time high about 4 months ago was 310. This is the second most traded commodity after crude oil.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by galdur

The markets are just nuts anymore. I wouldn't invest in markets with SOMEONE ELSES money

I do have a relative who just liquidated their portfolio. I told them they may as well just bet at the dog races

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

If the shut down the fed, my guess is the IMF/ECB/BIS will take over, then we'll see 'change' ...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Not for long because the ECB at least is about to go belly up soon.

Meanwhile, here is more great news and the numbers game.

WASHINGTON—The number of people claiming new jobless benefits rose again last week, an unexpected gain fueled in part by a labor dispute at Verizon Communications Inc.

Initial jobless claims climbed by 5,000 to a seasonally adjusted 417,000 in the week ended Aug. 20, the Labor Department said Thursday. Claims filed in the previous week were revised up to 412,000 from an originally reported 408,000.

Economists surveyed by Dow Jones Newswires had forecast claims would sink to 405,000.

online.wsj.com...

Who knows if this will or will not effect the markets. They seem to be highly unpredictable these days.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Was just watching the live Marketwatch video on WSJ.com. They might have a link to it here. online.wsj.com...

The female broadcaster, I forget her name, said they will not be streaming live videos tomorrow in preparation for some big news in the next week, or two. She didn't allude to what she was referring to. I wonder what news they are preparing for?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I see Warren Buffett is still in the business of bailing out banks. I guess they went to the FED first and all Bernanke could do was shrug his shoulders and say we don't have any money, so then they sniveled to Buffet to save their collective ____es.

Bank of America shares are up 23% to $8.65 in premarket trading, from $6.99 yesterday, on news that Warren Buffett is buying a $5 billion stake.

Remember, $5 billion was the amount Mr. Buffett spent on Goldman Sachs back in September 2008. Just for the record, that did not stop Goldman’s stock price from falling, hard, for a while longer.

Anyway, this news is boosting BofA, and also giving a huge lift to the broader market — Dow futures are now up 84 points.

blogs.wsj.com...
edit on 25-8-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

True. And the Jackson Hole gang is basically telling Bernanke not to load up.

JACKSON HOLE, Wyo. (MarketWatch) — As prominent economists gather here for the scenic Federal Reserve’s annual summer retreat, many said they don’t expect, or even want, Chairman Ben Bernanke to try to pull a rabbit out of his hat to please the stock market.

Link to article here. I'm seeing from the article that there is no 'economy' in any economic stimulus. QE3, if it ever comes to fruition, will be another bank/Wall St bailout.

“The Fed has shot the big cannons. They are now playing the game with smaller ammunition,” Silvia said.

Gold is about to drop below $1700/oz and Europe looks to be flatlining again. Atop the unemployment news, the US markets are retardedly moving up. There's something big in the works. I can feel it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

And all in the wake of a consideration to buy BofA by JP Morgan (the kind and gentle cartel behind the funding of food stamps).
edit on 25-8-2011 by OuttaTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Warren Buffett made a $5 billion investment into Bank of America preferred shares.

This should prop up zombie banks for a while.

The timing is interesting. I now think that the probability of QE3 is zero.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I've decided to stop monitoring MarketWatch for market activity. Oh, wait, the WSJ is owned by Murdoch, that's right. I clicked over to www.sgxniftydowfutureslive.com... and it shows the markets are TWICE as bad as MarketWatch portrays. Everything is in the red there. Interesting....

It appears to be a trend indicator of the GlobalDow readings.
edit on 25-8-2011 by OuttaTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It looks like European stocks are falling from their gain earlier in the week. They still have a little bit to go before their markets close.

FTSE down -1.53%
CAC 40 down - 1.01%
DAX down -2.31%
FTSE MIB down - .54%
IBEX down - 1%

US stocks opened a bit lower to.
Dow down -1.14%
S&P down -1.15%
Nasdaq down -1.39%

Not really too bad compared to the past few weeks. Maybe this week will actually turn out pretty good for the markets?

It also seems that jobless claims have risen again, for the 2nd week in a row.

www.marketwatch.com...

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — The number of Americans seeking new jobless benefits rose for the second week in a row as thousands of phone workers at Verizon Communications filed claims, government data showed.

New applications for U.S. unemployment compensation rose 5,000 to 417,000 , the Labor Department said Thursday. Initial claims from two weeks ago were revised up to 412,000 from an original reading of 408,000.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Uncle Sam´s deficit funding still holding up pretty well.

Results from an auction of 7-year Notes produced a bid-to-cover of 2.76, dollar demand of $80.0 billion, and an indirect bidder participation rate of 51.7%. For comparison, the prior auction drew a bid-to-cover ratio of 2.63, dollar demand of $76.3 billion, and an indirect bidder rate of 39.6%. An average of the past six auctions results in a bid-to-cover of 2.80, dollar demand of $81.1 billion, and an indirect bidder rate of 42.9%. briefing.com

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Looks like the US stocks are going to close in the mid to high 1%s. Apparently, big bad Ben is scaring them again.

U.S. stock indexes fall ahead of Bernanke

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) —- U.S. stocks slid Thursday after a three-day rise, once weekly jobless claims came in higher and as Wall Street braced for Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke’s speech the next morning.

“We’re starting to get some pullback because of expectations of what Bernanke will say are starting to get worked off,” according to Robert Pavlik, chief market strategist at Banyan Partners LLC.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
DOW JONES INDUS. AVG MEMBERS,,
seem to be taking up a collection for,

BANK OF AMERICA

BANK OF AMERICA 7.70 0.71 10.16 787,245,093 15:25

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hmmm, so the US markets dropped about 2% more, but gold is edging up again. Mayhaps the metals 'pump & dump' on gold is underway again? The GlobalDow is down another 1%, so let's see how this affects the asian markets opening in a few hours.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Events are playing out EXACTLY before the 2008 collapse happened. I'm guessing the final K.O. is to be revealed between October - November 2011?

They won't really be wanting to spoil anyones christmas if they revealed it on December now would they?

But then again, many people's christmas' will be shattered unfortunately...

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join