It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Global Stock Market Collapse Watch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
When somebody has to come out and say everything is OK, it generally means that it isn't. Kinda like the football coach who gets the 'full endorsement and support' from the general manager and/or owner .. . . you can bet one have of the backsplit that the coach will be lookin' for work in short order.

So, if the prez comes out to tell everyone everything is OK . . . you can pretty much bet that it isn't . . . well that and the fact that the economy is clearly literally and figuratively broke with no way to repair it but stop spending on programs and start collecting through taxes . . . and clearly neither of those are going to happen with any sense of urgency.

It's pooched with a capital F, there folks.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
after his handling of the debt ceiling debate, I'd be surprised if anyone has any confidence in him, or his empty pontificating.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It could backfire and make the stocks fall even lower, which in turn be more ammo against the President. Hopefully it's not just empty rhetoric and these politicians have a plan.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

if they had a plan, they would have resolved the debt crisis in advance of the deadline. Had they done that, even with the pathetic excuse for a plan that they came up with, we'd have avoided the downgrade. That's not to say the markets wouldn't be tanking but the downgrade was, apparently, based on, to quote Obama, the dysfunctional governent's handling of the situation.

so sayeth S&P.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

every time I try to make myself optimistic (for once) you bring me right down to the realist I am. A man can dream can't he?

I'm still hoping that the POTUS impresses us.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

apologies. I'm sure Obama is about to say how he's decided to accept the Galactic Federation's offer to protect us and to reverse the ecological damage we've done to the planet and that, in return, he's going to absolve all Citizens of their debt, under the new NESARA plan.

(yes, I'm totally kidding and no, I'm not promoting the NESARA scam)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I haven't looked for a thread on it or anything, but this is just another step in the grand scheme of things. The ultimate goal is a complete crash of the US economy so that we are forced into whatever One-world economy TPTB decide to set up to deal with the global economic "crisis." It may sound a little crazy, but every day we see more evidence to support the idea.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

point taken. I'll never be that optimistic. Here's how my weird optimism works:

(optimism)
As much of a tool Herman Cain is. He's taken failing bankrupt franchises turned them around and made them thrive. Maybe they can make him treasurer.
(/optimism)

edit on 8-8-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wshadow1

that would require the governments and religions to all get along.

that ain't happening.

ever

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I don't care how much I hate a person, if they can steer this ship without destroying the hull on the reef, I'm willing to give him a chance.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wshadow1

That could very well be true. I think that might happen when they squeeze every drop of money they can out of the old system until a new system rises from the ashes. It's been foretold it'd happen that way and nothing seems to be changing to stop it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yeah as long as he's just in charge of handling business and not trying to enact his personal views into radical insane freedom taking laws. I'm for it too.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Mexico has been quietly descending to the -4% mark. Slowly declining for a few hours now.

Mexico - MXX

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This may or may not be off topic, but I am listening to the CNN stream awaiting the speech from the POTUS, and I heard them say:

Warren Buffet said he pays less taxes than his secretary according to Wolf Blitzer & Donald Trump on CNN

Could be related to shenanigans we're facing now.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Greetings on another stock market thread! I woke up just a little bit ago after a little sleep, and Isee exactly what I was expecting for the European close and the US open to now.

Europes close.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c301244e402b.jpg[/atsimg]

US stocks at the moment

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f463ee9ab8e.jpg[/atsimg]

Above screenshots from marketwatch.com

ETA - Just found out Obama is supposed to speak soon. I didnt expect that coming
edit on 8-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
S&P 500 just dropped below the 4% mark

When is Obama due to speak?
edit on 8-8-2011 by Curio because: Typo

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Yea the other two were overkill, figured just wrap it up in one thread and follow it past just today.

Yeah the POTUS speaking must mean they think something serious is going down. Hopefully he has something good to say besides fluff and promises.

South America and Mexico not looking too good right now.

Canada started off sour now they're stabling out.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Originally posted by Curio
When is Obama due to speak?
edit on 8-8-2011 by Curio because: Typo

It was supposed to be 1:00pm EST, now it will be 1:30pm EST. Maybe...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What Obama needs now is a good international crisis to divert attention away from this mess. I'll be keeping one eye on the markets and another on the Middle East for the next few weeks.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

One more shenanigan with the way things are now could cause things to go into a 2008 like nosedive again.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join