It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Global Stock Market Collapse Watch

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Have a listen to this re the Euro...

Euro is 'unsaveable'

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Shenon

if that happens,the EU is finished.

Isn't EU already finished? i am looking forward to its own destruction, i see no reason why Serbia, Bosnia or the Balkan countries should be forced to join the falling empire created by america and britian.

Of course it is,but i didn´t think it could happen this soon. I thought we have more Time,like a few Months up to a Year...

But i´m not too worried. I´m prepared for whatever happens...hopefully. Hard to tell what would happen to us in Germany if the SHTF. I think its easier living in the US,because you know what could happen

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
For now, tt appears as if Europe and Asia are in the green and recovering the losses they suffered yesterday. The rally might make certain people feel good about things, but I still don't see it lasting much longer. Probably no longer than Friday until things go back down again.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
For now, tt appears as if Europe and Asia are in the green and recovering the losses they suffered yesterday. The rally might make certain people feel good about things, but I still don't see it lasting much longer. Probably no longer than Friday until things go back down again.

The ECB (probably the FED too) are buying like crazy now,thats why.

ECB Intervenes In Last Minutes Of Euro Market Trading As Italy Closes Red Once Again

The Question now is,where are they getting the Money from? If France is downgraded and Germany has to pay (I hope not even Merkel is THAT stupid...i hope),then we are bankrupt in a few Months and the EU is finished. If we don´t pay,the EU is just finished sooner,or they start to Print,which could lead to Inflation and later to Hyperinflation when they have to buy more and more because one Nation after another goes bankrupt...

Something like that anyway. We´re screwed either way...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

yep they have to inflate when all other options are used up

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

The rally might make certain people feel good about things, but I still don't see it lasting much longer. Probably no longer than Friday until things go back down again.

Agreed the only reason they are up is because of Ben The Speaker and the Market follows

edit on 10-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see how the European markets finish today. They seem to be doing so-so at the moment. Im guessing they will slowly rise.

Asia did pretty well today. Im thinking the US markets will depend on how well the European makets do.

(Im not sure what they rest of the week will be like)
edit on 10-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Yeah perhaps the eurphoria will begin wearing off and the markets will start to go a similar direction of some of the deteriorating major world economies.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
France is holding an unschedueled meeting over the economy

www.marketwatch.com...

LONDON (MarketWatch) -- French President Nicolas Sarkozy on Wednesday held an unscheduled meeting with a number of government ministers and Christian Noyer, governor of the Bank of France, to discuss the country's economic and financial situation, according to a brief statement.

The meeting comes amid fears that France's triple-A credit rating could come under threat if the European sovereign debt crisis worsens. The Wall Street Journal reported that Budget Minister Valerie Pecresse said Tuesday that France is ready "to make more efforts" in its three-year plan to return public finances to a sustainable path.

Im not sure if this will help or hurt the markets at the moment.

reply to post by surrealist

Yeah perhaps the eurphoria will begin wearing off and the markets will start to go a similar direction of some of the deteriorating major world economies.

I have a feeling that might happen. If I remember correctly, the Fed said they dont have high-hopes for the economy in the short term, thats why they are going to keep interest rates near zero. It may take a few days for the initial cheers to wear off.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Its around half-way through the European markets day, and they seem to be going up and down, but mostly staying in the green.

The graph on the right of the screenshot shows how up and down in the green most of the markets have been

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17e6805045b9.jpg[/atsimg]

ETA - It looks like US stock futures are pretty neutral now. Nothing really exciting for them. Looks like gold and oil may go up a little more

www.marketwatch.com...

LONDON (MarketWatch) — U.S. stock futures were little changed Wednesday, as investors paused for breath after the previous session’s rally triggered by the Federal Reserve’s intention to keep rates low at least for two more years.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If I may use this thread to ask a question... I've just been over today's European market's graphs over on MarketWatch and couldn't help but notice that all three graphs FTSE, CAC and DAX are almost exactly the same. How can this be? I mean aren't theses separate indexes for separate countries? How come they can nosedive and then pick up at exactly the same time for almost the exact same percentage? I'm sorry if it's a dumb question with an apparent answer that eludes me.

Kind regards,

Vince

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

it's similar to most crashes because there's always a bounce after the initial drop as a result of the talking heads claiming it's an abberation and the smart money moving in to take advantage of the unsure and unsavvy investors who think there might be opportunities to be had. there are but, in my opinion, they aren't there yet.

Dow is expected to open up about 1% lower this morning. If the 1% increases too quickly, the profit positions from yesterday will sell and the morons who keep jumping in at the wrong time will, yet again, take a beating.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
And here it is,fresh from the Experts at ZeroHedge

Intesa Sanpaolo Halted Twice On French Downgrade Rumor, Euro Drops

Yay,Down we go
DAX is falling again...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yup, and the DOW is down over 250. I imagine it will drop like a lead balloon again. No good news this week, except gas has gone down .20 a gallon!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
For anyone who is interested, might be a good time to jump into FSG. It's an ETF that is 2X long Gold and 2X short S&P 500. It's near record highs, but if this trend keeps going, it could go even higher. Basically, investors are selling off equities, and dumping their cash in gold.

Disclosure: I bought 19 shares of FSG.

Hope this helps!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
BBC News 24

Rumours that France is too loose its Triple A rating shortly. 1519gmt

Markets spooked massively

BNP paribas bank down1 10% and dropping

Elf

(edit this is just a rumor I can corraborate this I still have friends in the "mile" Russian Major Bank, fraudulent Lehman brothers style or enron style, 1/3 of deposits on books not real, already on another book at bank using same deposits twice therefore the leverage is MASSIVE) AGAIN this is a Rumor but it is going through the traders and being discussed checked in the square mile as we speak, I soo hope its just a rumor.
edit on 10-8-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
BBC News 24

Rumours that France is too loose its Triple A rating shortly. 1519gmt

Markets spooked massively

BNP paribas bank down1 10% and dropping

Elf

(edit this is just a rumor I can corraborate this I still have friends in the "mile" Russian Major Bank, fraudulent Lehman brothers style or enron style, 1/3 of deposits on books not real, already on another book at bank using same deposits twice therefore the leverage is MASSIVE) AGAIN this is a Rumor but it is going through the traders and being discussed checked in the square mile as we speak, I soo hope its just a rumor.
edit on 10-8-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

The Run On SocGen Begins? Bank Down 17% On Rumors It Is On The Verge

France is getting attacked like crazy now

edit on 10-8-2011 by Shenon because: typo

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

CNBC just reported that the SocGen rumors are false, according to a newly released statement.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
A bit of a side note, but anybody notice how exhausted the people being interviewed on CNBC and Fox Business are? There's a guy on right now from JPMorgan. He looks absolutely terrible.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Anyone else having a problem with this page not loading?

www.sgxniftydowfutureslive.com...

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join