It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Global Stock Market Collapse Watch

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
y'all don't read. the live feed starts at 3:30 and it's a discussion about new bank charges

the fed made their statement

Thanks I was confused on the debit card speech as I didn't think it was the fed statement...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Do we expect a free fall in the Asian markets, a yo-yo, a rally? What are the futures looking like? I can't look right now, have to do some research at work for a minute.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime
reply to post by majesticgent

I'm just getting a gut feeling that the markets are just plain insolvent, and the investors are waking up. Asia will be he next recipient of the FOMC fallout. Call it the domino effect
Bernanke basically said we are on a holding pattern for 2 years, and shareholders don't like those words

It´s leveraged to the proverbial hilt. Fall in the asset side threatens to wipe it out like Lehman Brothers. The freaking FED is leveraged 60-1 and that´s supposed to be masters of the universe, you can just imagine what the rest looks like.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Crakeur whats your thoughts on tonights/tomorrows Asian trades when they open?

If the Dow is in the red do you think the gains in Europe will be worth nothing?

I really think the difference in trade times will let anxiety build again, and the Asian markets are a bit more volatile anyhow, also Japan issues and of course the ability of China to keep growing with no growth in consumers no matter how low the prices.

I still think this is just a yo - yo and going to be way down by Friday from current levels, on the grapevine have some old friends saying the Traders and Hedges and Pension guys are making similar moves as the British PM and are flying back to London ASAP from the holidays, no more chartered seats left for next 2 weeks into London, and all bought up in last 24 hours.

When they hit the floors and the computers are not making the decisions to seel to stop loss, well the human element, herds, playing catch up, moderating losses....

Have a really bad feeling might have as big drops as seen yesterday again before friday

My 2c, and really interested on your take of the Asian Trade later.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Going by the Bloomberg futures page Asia and Europe look to be in for another bumpy ride. I think alot of overseas activity was/is based on the Fed speech since the ECB pretty much flatlined today. Ben took a big chunk of financial momentum out of the equation.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This mob has owned the police for a very long time so it´s probably a bit problematic but I think the FED must be immediately seized and put into federal receivership as a bankrupt banking entity. I think credible people outside of the corporate owned political system must be found and appointed to try to somehow resolve this crisis. It´s difficult to point to solutions when you´re already falling off the cliff, but this is an obvious try IMHO.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Don't worry. If the feds won't rescue us, or the banks. We always have Vatican to borrow money from

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sorry my bad, I titled the link wrong for the speech happening right now, its so confusing lol

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I am leaning towards DOW in the red 200-300 by end bell. The volatility is absolutely insane on the market, it's just crazy I can't make heads or tails of this at all...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

I'm getting a headache trying to keep up. Dow is up, gold is up, oil is down, the USD is down, but somehow we have a frantic buy session
It's like herding cats

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What collapse ? The markets fluctuate. They always do this. They go up and they go down. Does this surprise you ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

It doesn't make sense. I can't say anything other then none of this makes sense, it is far beyond my capability to figure out given the information I have on hand. Stocks up, Gold up, Silver down, Nat gas up, Oil down, Copper up.

What is that?!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

the asian markets will probably take another hit. the fed announcing that our economy is in bad shape and in need of low interest rates thru 2013 will be seen as bad news for overseas manufacturers, exporters and the asian investments in the US.

I agree that, before the week is out, we could see more down days here in the states. Today's increases, if sustained, are likely to create a sense of calm for those that panicked and pulled out. This could cause a nice jump in the morning but, once the folks who were buying today see the jump tomorrow, they could pull the proverbial rug out from under the rest. If that happens, it could be a blood bath.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

This thread is no different than a Severe Thunderstorm Watch (as stated in the OP). Doesn't necessarily mean that there is or even will be a severe thunderstorm, but the conditions are favorable for one. Change the verbiage to Stock Market Collapse doesn't necessarily mean there will be a collapse, but the conditions are favorable for one because we are in uncharted territory thanks to possible US default, S&P Credit Downgrade, and just now the FED extending a 0% interest rate for at least 2 years.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by gorgi

This thread is no different than a Severe Thunderstorm Watch (as stated in the OP). Doesn't necessarily mean that there is or even will be a severe thunderstorm, but the conditions are favorable for one. Change the verbiage to Stock Market Collapse doesn't necessarily mean there will be a collapse, but the conditions are favorable for one because we are in uncharted territory thanks to possible US default, S&P Credit Downgrade, and just now the FED extending a 0% interest rate for at least 2 years.

There is no possibility of a US default. The S&P is a joke and it really doesnt effect the ability of the US to borrow money and the Fed extending the low interest rates is nothing new.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

It would seem that there is a huge amount of asset transfers going on, and with too many pumps in that 'dark pool of liquidity' right now. I'm glad I don't have any money tied up in investments . From what Bloombergs futures page shows, there seems to be some positive activity overseas also. This tells me that QE3 is in full run and Bernanke has bailed out the global banks and governments AGAIN
all on our dime of course

I wouldn't be surprised to read online next year how another GAO audit exposes the Fed again for giving out another $16T and not tell anyone about it

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by MischeviousElf

the asian markets will probably take another hit. the fed announcing that our economy is in bad shape and in need of low interest rates thru 2013 will be seen as bad news for overseas manufacturers, exporters and the asian investments in the US.

I agree that, before the week is out, we could see more down days here in the states. Today's increases, if sustained, are likely to create a sense of calm for those that panicked and pulled out. This could cause a nice jump in the morning but, once the folks who were buying today see the jump tomorrow, they could pull the proverbial rug out from under the rest. If that happens, it could be a blood bath.

Absolutely. they need a good chunk of the US money supply to keep on churning 1-2 basis points plus what they have to bribe banks to keep this scheme going. This game won´t have a happy ending for reasons that I have described here. They´re at tghe end of the tether. They should be dissolved right away before they make this mess even worse.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by galdur
This mob has owned the police for a very long time so it´s probably a bit problematic but I think the FED must be immediately seized and put into federal receivership as a bankrupt banking entity. I think credible people outside of the corporate owned political system must be found and appointed to try to somehow resolve this crisis. It´s difficult to point to solutions when you´re already falling off the cliff, but this is an obvious try IMHO.

This would be nice if it was possible, but noone outside of the corporate owned political system would know what to do if they were just put in power.

As far as the market goes looks like things are just playing out. This dip in the markets was going to happen. We haven't even recovered yet from 08 I don't rember exact number that the dow was at and lost in 08 but one thing for sure is it shot up way to fast. The market will go down based on bad news and fear now the thing to know is how much stupid fear is out there if you can geuss that number correctly you are now playing the game to win.

Me personally I wouldn't buy as the market is going up today mainly because you can see how it is being played with. All bubbles pop at some point. The fed came out today and said they were going to let the markets play out, which I believe is the correct thing for them to do, because the market was down the last couple of days based on news that was predictable so there is either alot of people that don't understand what the news means or there is hyper inflated fear in the markets, which made me decide to stay put/out of the markets for the time. As the markets play out people see low numbers and decide to buy the stocket because they believe it is worth more than the price it is at.

What is happening in dow now being 300+ to me just shows that the people are weak.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
There is no possibility of a US default.

What we have done, Larry, also is set a new template. In the future, any president, this one or another one, when they request us to raise the debt ceiling, it will not be clean anymore. This is just the first step. This, we anticipate, will take us into 2013. Whoever the new president is, is probably going to be asking us to raise the debt ceiling again. Then we will go through the process again and see what we can continue to achieve in connection with these debt ceiling requests of presidents to get our financial house in order.

Source: www.washingtonpost.com...

And some think sooner. If were not in danger of defaulting why keep raising the debt ceiling?

The S&P is a joke and it really doesnt effect the ability of the US to borrow money

I agree with you there, but it still affected the market in a negative way did it not, or why else did we have the losses from yesterday?

and the Fed extending the low interest rates is nothing new.

source: www.moneycafe.com...

Chart speaks for itself.
edit on 9-8-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Thanks for roving my point. The US is not going to default. The constitution gauntness the debt be paid.
The S&P has credibility issues and I really dont know why its taken seriously here.
And you chart proves that the rate are have highs and lows and have been lower for a few years now. Again nothing new.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join