It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Global Stock Market Collapse Watch

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Good morning all.

Most of the European markets are still hanging in around the point that they close yesterday. Will that change with the US markets open? If so, for the better or worse?

The US markets open in 1 hour and 8 minutes. In my opinion there will be an early "rally" of sorts then it'll come crashing back down as people with 401ks get antsy and start pulling out. Then bonds will start being sold to cover the liquidity needed to cash out and that market will start to be slightly affected as well. I do not think the losses will be as bad as they were yesterday.

Dow -1%
NASDAQ -2%
S&P -1.5%
Canada -.5%
Mexico -2.5%

I'll bet I'm way off.
edit on 9-8-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Um... the US markets open at 9:30 not 8:30

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I went to sleep and the Hang Seng looked like it was doing pretty well, and I wake up and I see that went down 5.68%!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Oops. I guess I was typing slower than my brain and left the hour part out. I tend to do stuff like that from time to time.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The trading in Asia and Europe, although bad, wasn't that bad. Major European indexes are mostly flat right now except for the DAX which is only down 1 - 2 % (only lol).

The futures markets shows we might see a bounce on the opening in New York.

Watching some analysts on business channels yesterday after the close, some indicated that the G7 held meetings and are planning a massive infusion of liquidity into the markets. So the Federal Reserve, European Central Bank and Bank of Japan maybe spending billions or even trillions of dollars buying up stocks.

Fed Chairman Bernanke may even cut the interest rates for banks from 0.25 to zero, forcing banks and other financial institutions to invest in the markets.

So we may see a bounce today. It seems to me the world is looking at the US for financial leadership right now, like it or not.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

What they need to do is deflate the commodities bubble. This takes down the cost of economic input from raw materials and foodstuffs, bolsters profits of companies and purchasing power of consumers - both of which stimulates employment. But of course they´ll most likely continue doing the exact opposite,

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by galdur

I think too many wealthy people stand to lose money if that were to happen, so you're right I highly doubt that bubble bursts anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This Rebound wont last right?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The markets have opened. WSJ has a live feed explaining the first hour of trading. Things are starting off a little higher than they closed yesterday. The FED is speaking at 2:15 EST, so that may cause a rally if they say something peachy and rosy.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
This Rebound wont last right?

I think what the FED has to say at 2:15 will have a huge effect on any possible rebounds.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Even if they lie, the markets will surely rebound.

link   
Looks like pretty much all gains are gone :/ Only up 4 atm.

link   

The Dow opened up 150+, and is now rapidly losing steam. Not a good sign IMO. What probably happened at the open was short covering and now it's back to regularly scheduled selling

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Slight rebound off the bat....wonder if it'll last.
If it keeps going up I hope Bernenke doesn't screw it up with his announcement.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

It´s very typical. Shorts take profit. Then continue shorting.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Yeah that was quick. Didn't even last 15 minutes sheesh, but at least it's hanging around yesterday's closing mark.

Chile and Brazil started off really well, but now Chile is falling as well, and Brazil is rising.

Canada is opening with a gain too, but I have a feeling we all know what will happen there.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Going back up again. Nice to see our tax dollars at work. DOW seems to have support at 10,800 mark.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is very volatile.

Now the market is up almost 2%.

30 stocks are hitting a new high, 630 a new low.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
On track to gain the losses of yesterday. I have a feeling this week will definitely end in the negative though. Brazil is almost -6%!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Perhaps it will hold until 2:15. Although if the reaction to Obama yesterday is any indication, we may see another drop.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join