It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Soldier 'Kept Taliban Body Parts'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

Yeah, that's nothing. I know a 'Nam vet who has a necklace of Cong ears he collected during the war, he showed it to me, and told me it was a war trophy. He also told me of some of the things the Cong did to them. War is Hell, people, and it needs to stop.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

The thing is, it's only wrong in OUR culture. We forget only 30 years ago headhunters in Borneo and what not were still taking heads and wearing them as necklaces.

In WW1 they shot their own men for not going over the top.

200 years ago public executions were still rife, with crowds turning up for the entertainment.

500 years ago, we were still torturing people with horrific mechanical devices and head wear.

1000 years ago thousands of men marched to war with no fear, in the name of a god they were forced to believe in.

2000 years ago, Queen Boudica of the Iceni's chopped Roman womens breasts off and sew them onto their faces.

Now a British soldier can get charged with murder if an insurgent doesn't fire on him, his friends or what ever else before he does. It's sick that someone in OUR culture would do that, but people fear the taliban because they behead people, they blow limbs off people with IED's, much like a coward would. Our troops are fighting an enemy that doesn't exist in official terms. All this can lead for certain people to do strange things, taking fingers as trophies may be his way of proving to himself he's avenged and instilled fear on something he is possibly quite afraid off.
edit on 8-8-2011 by VraxUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The collecting of trophies of war is nothing new and certainly not unique to Afghanistan.

When I was younger I remember some WWII veterans telling me tales about what people would collect during WWII, they varied from uniform insignia, weapons and various body parts etc.

Until relatively recently it has been pretty much common practice for soldiers from all types of societies to do this.
Modern day sensibilities and the need to be politically correct dictates that we must take the moral high ground in such matters nowadays.

Pretty ironic when you think that those who impose these moralities enjoy the more profitable and sought after spoils of war like oil, mineral wealth and national art treasures etc.

Maybe this is taking it a little too far but certainly no worse than what some of The Taliban take from their victims when they can.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join