It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Soldier 'Kept Taliban Body Parts'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

British Soldier 'Kept Taliban Body Parts'

news.sky.com

The Ministry of Defence is investigating reports that a soldier kept the fingers of dead Taliban insurgents as "souvenirs".

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
How sick is this, he kept their figures as souvenirs!!!

It makes you wonder what else is going on, and how he got away with this its not like its something you can do secretly. I do wonder if he obtained these figures through the torturing of suspects or if he just took a cigar cutter to the figures of dead Taliban. Either way, they may be the enemy, and they may be responsible for inhumane acts themselves however barbaric acts like this make us not better than them.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The Taliban chop the heads off live people. THAT'S sick.

edit on 8-8-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Wow, guess he's one of those that like a finger in their ass. Disgusting story.

Yeah but also a pretty disgusting post there dude.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Hey I agree with you on that one, beheadings are sick but this is also sick. We should not be doing stuff like this.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Two wrongs do not make a right.

thats about all i can say

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
In the old days warriors would make cups out of their enemies' skulls. I wonder if that'll come back into fashion too.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

hi op
no rules in war anymore
were all just animals
and whom is to say that he didnt have pnd or shell shock
who knows what happens behind closed doors

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NocturnalPhantom

He's a soldier, he kills people for a living. Taking the fingers of his dead probably isn't a big deal to him. Some people can deal with that lifestyle better than others.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Was not there a report a while back, with regards to an American soldier doing the exact same thing? And as Mulder147 pointed out. The Taliban cuts peoples heads off for the fun of it, and they post it on the net. Now whats more disgusting?
edit on 8-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Was not there a report a while back, with regards to an American soldier doing the exact same thing? And as Mulder147 pointed out. The Taliban cuts peoples heads off for the fun of it, and they post it on the net. Now whats more disgusting?
edit on 8-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

If they are setting the rules for behaviour...then the Taliban won.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
its news like this that makes me lose faith in the world. I am sadden people go to this extreme. I mean...really? souvenirs? I remember watching that movie michael J fox starred in as a solider in the vietnam war, he witnessed a rape of a Vietnamese woman and the guilt ate at him until he brought those responsible to justice,

Unfortunately the movie is not far from the truth, these things do happen during war, they just don't show it on the news and try to make soldiers look like "the good guys".

Sadly both sides of any conflict is capable of this.

edit on 8-8-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

The Taliban were cutting the heads of individuals way before The Coalition forces invaded. Well before Bush went on his Unholy Crusade.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

The Taliban were cutting the heads of individuals way before The Coalition forces invaded. Well before Bush went on his Unholy Crusade.

...and if we adopt their barbarism...then they won.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

That has been happening well before Afghanistan so is not nothing new now is it. Babarism that is,

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

I have relatives who have been in the military and they tell me that a large part of training is to bring out those aggressive killer instincts in people, because no matter what people might generally say, the fact is many people would rather be killed than have to live with another's death on their conscience.

Much of military culture is designed to bring out and glorify that aggression but in a controlled and disciplined way, sort of codified, so it's not a big surprise this guy has done this. It's actually not that rare. This kind of trophy taking occurs in wars and among soldiers all over the world, and sometimes that includes our own.
edit on 8/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Makes a change from collecting stamps...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The guy must be unhinged/ptsd to do this, and I can assure you this is a minority case from what I have witnessed during the two tours of Afghan I have done. And I have seen a few out of the ordinary acts, but in an out of the ordinary situation and environment its not a supprise, but this is way off the scale.

The vast majority of Brit troops on ops (& ISAF as a whole) would never even dream of doing something like this.
The problem is that ONE muppet does something like this and we all get tared with the same brush. Very similar to the Abu Grave prison incident with the US soldiers in Iraq.

Can I also add that this does not happen as a 'part of war'. this is one sick individual that has watched to many movies and lost a grip on the real world.

edit on 8-8-2011 by TheGooner because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join