It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are any countries safe from the depression america may be facing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
i would appreciate it if someone wrote me a list of the safest countries to live in while america collapses, if any. i know it is impossible for it not to effect other countries but what do you think would be the safest to live in?

i may be moving to south america in about 2 years or so, i was just curious if any countries were safe from the collapse. most likely i will be moving to brazil.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Brazil is not a safe country and has an incredibly corrupt police force.

Most of Europe is ok but I doubt youd be allowed in unless youve got experience in areas where they are short.

Australia and NZ would be good too but again it could be hard to get in, I suppose Canada would be the easiest place to go.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The entire World uses the US Dollar to purchase oil.

Most every country in the World use the US Dollar as their reserve currency.

So, to answer your question there is NO where on Earth that will not be effected when the Dollar crashes.

Notice, I said WHEN, not IF, the Dollar collapses. The Dollar is going to collapse, it is just a matter of time, how long can they keep the bubble expanding before it burst this is the question.

Protecting yourself from the effects of economic failure is not possible. This will be Global.

One can limit the effect on their personal economic health with having in your possession gold and/or silver, or any other widely traded commodity. There is a downside to this, it will paint a bulls eye on your back. Hungry humans, when they get hungry enough will eat anything and anyone.

South American countries are some of the most isolated from the Global market on Earth, however they are not completely isolated. Remember the United States has a very large number of troops in Columbia. The Elite have their compounds in Argentina and Uruguay. So if under the Radar is what you are looking for these do not make good choices.

Personally, I find rural central, southern United States is the best choice for myself.

First and foremost, I understand the “mind-set” of the indigenous population.

Secondly, the ability to form small like-minded groups will, for myself, be easier in the southern US.

Most everyone is good-ole-boys with guns and they know how to use them, I find that to offer safety and security for myself and family. When you “know” everyone and you are not an “outsider”, speak the “language”, for myself this will make survival much easier.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dylan201

Sure there are. It depends on how much money you have. Latin America will always be a good place to go if you have money. They respect folk with money and do an excellent job in creating safe environments for those with means. Equador, Panama and Costa Rica are good places to go. Will they be impacted by the economic decline? Sure, but when you live a nice lifestyle in Panama for about $20K/year and be relatively insulated from the insanity, just ride it out.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
According to this poll, Kenya seems to like us even more than we do ourselves. Well as of 2009 at any rate. The following link has a decent chart and some interesting results.

Restoring America's Reputation in the World
by Andrew Kohut, President, Pew Research Center
March 4, 2010

edit on 8-8-2011 by D4Saken because: (no reason given)

top topics

join