It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Keep seeing the number 11

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This is interesting!
I seem to always look at my watch and it's 11 past the hour.
I don't look at my watch all the time trying to catch it either, most times I'm concentrating on something and then get the sudden urge to look at the time.

: )

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Damn, the advice people give on this website sometimes... I swear... Hilarious, and slightly unsettling.

What you are experiencing is similar to Occam's razor.

The mind works in mysterious ways. If you notice a pattern, then your mind will attempt to perpetuate that pattern. My idea of it is - we always know what time it is - but we also know that we must look at a clock to find out - even though we have looked at clocks our whole life. We use the clock, because we crutch ourselves - in fact we are more than capable of telling the time without it.

So when you see 11:11, 1:11, etc. - and then you register that it is special - you will literally find yourself looking at it all the time. --- Because your mind seeks it out.

I did experiments with myself about this. I tried 7:47 because I wake up early. It would happen all the time. I'd always see it, because I trained myself to do so - without my conscious knowledge of it.

But I don't mean in ANY way to kill the magic of it - in fact this is a very metaphysical conversation.
Life is patterns, and our mind retains all of these patterns. Understanding this is key.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
i keep seeing threads about people seeing the number 11..

edit on 8/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
You aren't crazy, and it's not a mental disorder. Consider yourself lucky. There is a lot of information online with theories about what it could mean. I suggest you read them but don't jump on any of them yet.

Your best bet is to think of the prompts as a sign to seek a higher truth about this reality. Follow your instincts that are telling you about the deception around you. Oh, and buckle up, it's a bumpy ride. You've already taken the red pill, but it's up to you how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.

I suggest diving in. Good luck!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 13arrows

I think you’re seeing the things you want to see.

Its a bit like when a UFO enthusiast see’s a weather balloon and it is automaticly proof of ET.

You have probably already accepted that the number 11 is of some huge significance and you seeing it all the time is evidence of some kind of connection between you and paranormal energy. Truth is deep down we all know this is not true, and its just that you have seen the number 11 quite a few times the past few days and you want it to be true. For that reason you are going to defend you position that the number 11 has some deep meaning, just like the UFO enthusiast rambling on and on trying to turn a weather balloon into ET’s spaceship.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

What you have just described is not Occam’s razor, Occam’s Razor is a principle that states when faced with multiple complex hypothesis’s the one with the least assumptions will usually be correct and/or the most suitable hypotheses to adopt. It is commonly misinterpreted as being that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one, however it is actually the one with the least assumptions. Conspiracy theorists don’t like Occam’s and his razor because many of their theories are rich in assumptions where as the official accounts may have less and hence by implementing Occam’s Razor the official account may be the most logical choice. It is worth noting however that it can work to the conspioracy theorists favour when faced with multiple theories or it may even be that the conspiracy theory has less assumptions that the official narrative. But in general if you mention Occam’s Razor to a conspiracy theorist he/she is going to have a massive brain fart and melt down into talking about “they and them” and start building into their confirmation bias.

And that is what we are seeing with the OP, a “Confirmation Bias”, effectively it is a character trait where by a individual will attempt to seek out information to support their hypotheses even if the information supporting their hypothesis is irrelevant or is not true. In this case the OP has hypothesized that the number 11 is of great significance for whatever reason, and by claiming to have seen it multiple times in confirming that this may be true. However the bias of the OP wanting to believe this has lead to a confirmation bias where by the OP is only searching for information that will back up her hypotheses. Sometime’s the confirmation bias is referred to as “seeing what you want to see”.

I think you have Occam’s Razor and the Confirmation Bias mixed up so I hope that has helped you out a bit dude.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Honestly for me, it seems to occur when there is going to major change in my life.
I go through times when it never happens and then it will start to happen again for a time. I have started to notice that after several weeks of seeing this I do end up having something meaningful or life marking happen in my life.
When I was younger I used to be afraid it meant something bad, but as of yet nothing but good things have happened to me. Even if something seemed bad, it all ended for the good of where I am today.
When I say something major I don't mean I stubbed my toe either...but generally things that put me on a completely different path...course adjusting moments .

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i Have stuff like this except numbers 3,8,13 but this one time was very weird i was camping and like there was this tree stump that had bark falling on the ground and i looked at it and the bark made the number either was number 3,8 or 13 i can't quite remember but it was one of those

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

My experiance is seeing the number 11, everytime and everyday I look at the clock its always 11 minutes past the hour, even my cd player this afternoon went to track 11 as soon as it went 5:11 just as I looked at it, im seeing it all over the place. mean anything?

Yes, it means either you need to put new batteries in your clock, or you need contact lenses.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
ITS NOTHING do really think something magical is happening? I can't help but wonder what age and what social disorders the believers of 11:11 have. Apophenia look it up

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazz-14

Dude, you're the chosen one !

Don't listen to the naysayers.
edit on 8-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

nah Im not in anyway going to defend myself that seeing 11 all the time is significant to me,I just find it rather interesting and quite possibly just a big repeatative coinciedence. I do see other times of course like 1:23,4:30 an such but :11 is always the main one. Its abit strange I think,I would like it if there was really something special about it but I'm not loosing any sleep over it.

Thanks for the replys guys,great stuff and very interesting.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I always seem to look at the clock at 11:11 or 8:01 .
Very strange for this to happen more that once .. It is a trip .

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Nope nothing special about you seeing the number 11 more often that you see the number 57 or 163.

What significance to you think this could possibly have?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
In your brain is a filter that discards all irrellivent info and stimuli, it is called LATENT INHIBITION... it is what keeps you from focusing on details that are meaningless or seem that way at least. what stops a certain thing from being filtered is the habitual focus on a certain thing or concept. Such as the number 11...

Our mind is conscious of everything around us, every sound, sight, smell, texture, taste, or really any type of stimuli. We also have what is referred to as an internal clock, this is why we get hungry at certain times of day, wake up at the same time that we usually do with no alarm clock and so on...

when a person places a concious value on a seemingly unimportant occurance or idea, like the number 11, latent inhibition will stop filtering and draw your attention to the number 11 everytime it is percieved. you have always seen the number 11 as much as you do now, but at some point you placed some signifigance to it and now notice it whenever it enters your field of grasp.

I have been diagnosed with low latent inhibition and so there are a great number of these types of occurances with me, i once was worried about it too and my shrink gave me that explaination... hope this helps

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

It doesn't. That doesn't explain how the mind was drawn to 11 in the first place, prior to hearing anything about the 11 phenomenon. It's not like these people started to take notice to the 11's because they read or heard about the phenomenon. Most people, such as myself, started to notice it more and more before we even learned it was a separate experience from our own.

Again, it's something that people who don't experience it will always question. It's funny because I'm agnostic, and I never intended to subject my mind to something I couldn't explain, but it seems that's the way it is. I believe in logic, reasoning, and science, and I'm sorry, this is not explainable in my rational mind. I only found out about the 11:11 phenomenon after years of experience with it. I realized there were others. Why?
edit on 10-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Call it whatever you want.
I have seen the 11 thing since I was young. 11 is also a number of personal importance to me. So, maybe I have a predisposition to seeing it. This is what I have notice about the phenomenon in the last couple of years, when I see the numbers it seems to occur just after I have done an action that is positive to my being.It works for me.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

So it doesn't explain the timing as to when you started noticing it? Or you don't understand the concept of latent inhibition? (i didn't mean that rudely, most people do not)

the timing could just be traced back to a forgotten memory of when that number stood out and you gave it concious consideration. the concept is the same as when you do not know the meaning of a certain word until it becomes a crucial part of a topic that forces you to learn the deffinitio in order to understand. then you find that you hear the word used frequently, whereas you had seldom if ever heard it before. the word didn't gain popularity, you just notice it more because you had to give it particular thought at one point.

i am by no means trying to minimize your experience, i just thought that a scientific explaination may help you sleep better at night like it did for me. but if this means something to you by all means explore and enjoy it

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

I gave it thought after it kept happening over and over. My conscious mind didn't even realize it was happening. Look, I'm a very rational person. There are only two theories that really speak to me about why it happened.

1.) My SUB-conscious started to notice the 11:11 and it talked to my conscious and pulled me to look at the clock at that exact time. How that all works, I don't have a good explanation for it. I can tell you with honesty that it was not just looking at the clock and seeing multiple times and then suddenly noticing 11:11. I was NOT looking at the clock with the same frequency as other times. There was a definite pull to notice the time at 11:11. I am unable to explain this, and I really haven't heard a good explanation as to why. I can assure you that I'm not crazy, and I'm a very logical thinker in my approach and in my life.

2.) Something (whatever "it" is) is pulling me to notice the clock at exactly 11:11.

I don't even know why I try to explain to be honest. I completely understand the doubters that attribute this to some kind of psychological effect. That's fine. I'm well versed in psychology, and I know you can label any unexplained phenomenon to fit into a neat little box. When I explain to this people, I realize that it takes a certain kind of "faith" for others to believe it. I, myself, being an agnostic, don't believe in faith. So, I completely understand why there are doubters.

It's like the movie Contact, where Jodie Foster realizes that nobody will believe her because they need faith to do so - something she rejects. What can I say? It's an enigma to me. Anyways, I'm rambling, and I need to sleep. Goodnight my seeking brethren.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I just checked the date, its 11/08/2011, too many 11s. I bet at 11:11 today there will be 11, elevens in minutes until 1:12. freaking weird!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join