It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Keep seeing the number 11

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Hey all, Just thought Id post a thread to discuss a rather interesting and kind of creepy occurance ive been experiancing, I know Im not the only one in this type of thing but I'm interested to see if anyone can shed some light on the matter.

My experiance is seeing the number 11, everytime and everyday I look at the clock its always 11 minutes past the hour, even my cd player this afternoon went to track 11 as soon as it went 5:11 just as I looked at it, im seeing it all over the place.

mean anything?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
yea my friend thought he had something with this, he ended up in South Street Mental Facility.

On the other hand, i feel it has a beginning sense to it, because it starts all this irrational thought about what it could mean. you wont remember every time you see 2:56 but everytime you see 11:11 it stacks up because its so interesting. there is nothing to pursue here other then imagination.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 13arrows

A workmate has been saying he has been seeing the number 11 a lot for a while now and feels it means something. I am interested to hear what other people have to say about this so I can reiterate the information back to him.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
hey don't listen to Amassuo he's telling you to stop looking into something very interesting he doesn't know anything about. I'm not claiming I know the meaning behind it but I have definately experienced this during different phases eg over a week. Seeing 1:11 and 11:11 and glancing at my ipod turning to 1:11 happening very frequently.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Its nothing, your suffering from Apophenia.

Try to ignore it and don't tell people in real life about it because you will seem crazy and weird and most likely more anti social.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CelestialSon
hey don't listen to Amassuo he's telling you to stop looking into something very interesting he doesn't know anything about. I'm not claiming I know the meaning behind it but I have definately experienced this during different phases eg over a week. Seeing 1:11 and 11:11 and glancing at my ipod turning to 1:11 happening very frequently.

youre right i apologise, keep looking at your clocks

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I know you knew it, but plenty of stuff here--

searched 11:11:

ask.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 13arrows

Yeah... very weird. The number 1 is quite common. I haven't read all the replies but just seeing 11 everywhere probably shouldn't be treated as weird

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
means nothing,,,

i see 11 all the time,

right where it should be...

between 10 and 12...

seeeya

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It started a couple of years ago with me.

I was sitting on the bus from a city to city drive and I got compelled to look at the digital clock on the main dashboard of the bus, it was 3:33

Years later, it started again, I was compelled to look at the digital clock whenever there were repetitive numbers: 2:22, 4:44, 1:11, or 11:11

sometimes it would change and be 2:34, or 1:23 etc

I went searching for it too and came across people who have taken it to all sorts of meanings, even going as far as creating cult groups based on the 'message' in the whole thing...honestly I think thats going a bit too far. But its VERY interesting because when it started happening, Ive never actually heard of anyone going through it, it was weird and still is.

I feel like theres a reason I'm being compelled to look at it, but I feel like whatever the reason is, I'm not meant to know until the right time, because obviously the meaning would have manifested itself somehow.

I've learned to ignore it now

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
And, as with all good phenomena... they spoil it by making a movie

11-11-11themovie.com...

It's a genuine phenomena though, 11:11 is by far the most frequent time I used to see when I looked at a clock. Past tense because I avoid looking when I think it's around that time... so it's a manageable phenomena

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

edit on 8-8-2011 by Nobama because: Wrong thread

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Its nothing, your suffering from Apophenia.

Try to ignore it and don't tell people in real life about it because you will seem crazy and weird and most likely more anti social.

I agree with this guy here.

But oh my, look at the time

edit on 8-8-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
apparently 11:11 and all other similar sequences (1:11, 11, etc.) are the numbers for awakening

on december 21 2012 the winter solstice is at 11:11AM (wwp.greenwichmeantime.com...)

not claiming to know what this is really about but from what ive looked up there is truly something significant about 11:11

interesting read:
www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

According to wikipedia the winter solstice is 11:12

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'm interested to know the significance (if any) the no. 11 has also.
In numerology my date of birth adds up to 11.
No big deal.
Then my 1st child also= 11
2nd child=11
3rd was a week overdue, but yep, an 11 too!

And we're not just 2's (1 +1), we all add up to the 11 (supposedly a master number)

Didn't realize until I saw a clairvoyant who also did numerology, who started freaking out saying she'd never seen anything like it before!!!!
(Just hope its something good!!
)
Forgot to add theres just the 4 of us in the family! (Not like theres another 4 with different numbers ,lol!)
edit on 8-8-2011 by jewells because: : )

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Seeinng the number 11 some might say is Apophenia, i personally dont believe it.... i know for a fact its not in my subconcious to look at the time when its 1:11, 9:11 ect what makes me sure of that is that i look at the clock randomly during the day, sure their are times when i look at the clock and theirs nothing refrenceing the number 11 but the odds of seeing that number 11 come up over more then any other number is more then just Apophenia wanting to see it, i definitly feel their is some kind of message behind it and ive only noticed it occuring more since 9/11, Maybe its coincidental or maybe its some kind of spiritual message, whatever it is its real and not in mine or the many others who experiance this phenomenom's imagination.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

hmm i see both 11:12 and 11:11 when i searched google... maybe some rounding or calculations off by a few milliseconds ?

anyways another fun fact: december 21 2012 =

12 21 2012

1+2+2+1+2+0+1+2 = 11

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13arrows
My experiance is seeing the number 11, everytime and everyday I look at the clock its always 11 minutes past the hour,

I don't believe you. Whether you realize it or not, I do not know, but either way, I think you are exaggerating the truth with this particular detail.

EVERY time you look at the clock, it is 11 minutes, and you NEVER see any other times??

OR the more likely possibility:
If it says anything other than **:11, you don't pay much attention to it?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
@OP: have you googled 11:11 phenomenon?
There is/was a whole new agey type movement thingy that dealt with that.
THere is also a movie coming out on 11-11-11(that november 11, 2011) dealing with an something coming to earth through heavens 11th gate.
It's called 11.11.11 unimaginatively.
I would link to it but I"m not sure that's allowed.
My point it that you aren't alone.
MInd you, you might just be not alone in suffering from a type of Apophenia.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join