It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excuse me ATS, my belly button IS BLEEDING

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Alright, so I realise that probably most of you are not doctors. I also am not a doctor - nor do I have any intention of going to one. So before everyone starts advising me to do so, thank you, but I am adamant that I will not be seeking medical attention for this.

I'm not necessarily worried for my health, more so just curious at this point. So listen up!

It all started with a jabbing pain in my belly button... Slight, but noticeable. It wasn't enough to concern me, mostly it was annoying, and I didn't think much of it. Gradually it got worse - the next day I felt it was almost unbearable... until this morning, that is.

This morning I awoke with a throbbing pain right deep down inside my belly button. As I sat up the pain was so awful it jolted me out of my groggy state and took my breath away. I waited for a minute and then slowly brought myself up off the bed. It was excruciating. I hobbled [yeah, I was forced to HOBBLE rather than shuffle in my sleep-deprived state] across the room towards the bathroom.

I lifted my shirt to reveal my rather God-like physique. Except my stomach was COVERED IN BLOOD. Ew... I know, right? I cleaned it up, and began my inspection. There is no swelling, no redness, no cuts/scratches as far as I can see, no insect bites... looks like a regular old belly button to me. Except more Godly [ladies form a line!].

It's been bleeding all day, fairly steadily - not pouring, obviously, otherwise I would consider a trip to the clinic. Enough that it's just slightly bothersome as I have to keep cleaning it. And my goodness is it sore! It hurts so bad, guys.

I have no idea what it is and no one I know has had this before. I really am just a little curious as to what might be causing this. Also, feel free to share your belly-button related stories, if you wanna. Or just talk about mine.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Go to the hospital. We are not trained medical professionals. Even if we were, pictures would not be enough to give a diagnosis. Go to the hospital, now.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
sound like your knot is coming undone, be sure to call your grandma to take a look at it for you, grandma's have mastered a way for knots never to be undone again.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinquain

Could mean you're pregnant.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

...Man...no offense...but you're weird...ouh...thought you were making this up...apparently your belly button is infected, or bruised...get some medical help
edit on 8-8-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I'm sorry
that is way more information than I needed

I started to google it for you and I failed, I was laughing too hard
omg thats so not funny, I know, but it is

I'm sorry, did I say that? I really am

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
hi op heres a link for you

www.medhelp.org...

hope u get better soon

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It almost sounds like an exposed hurnia but obviously can't be certain, you'll need xrays if there is no external symptoms other than blood. Did you recently consume an abnormally huge quantity of food.

Maybe you split the inside of the belly button with rapid expansion.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I believe you should go to your doctor or hospital, tell them everything and get checked by pros. This is the UNAVOIDABLE first step you must take. Maybe they won't be able to find the cause of your problem at the beginning, but a blood test will confirm if you lost blood.

Second step, if possible set a camera in your room when you go to sleep. Also, if that happens again, don't clean it. Just go to the hospital on spot.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
TheOneElectric - I can't go to the doctors for this. For one, really, I am embarrassed. Also, do you know what they make you do at the hospital here? You have to sit in a room for 8 hours until you literally die. I can't.

ScubaGravy - All my childhood fears were just relived the last few days, and just now in your post. My mother used to warn me that if I misbehaved she would stick her finger through my belly button and open it up wide. *shudders*

Mentalistbee - No way, not a chance.

Dude69 - Yeah, not the first time I've been called weird, but thanks for bringing it up.

Forevever - It took me 12 attempts to spell your username properly. Thanks for getting a laugh out of my suffering, I'm tickled pink it was so delightful to you that it hindered your ability to do a Google search on my behalf, which is actually why I created this thread... I just wanted someone to Google this for me so I didn't have to do the research on my own.

Davesmart - I am currently reading the link, though by the title it looks helpful already.

GUYS I know you won't be able to diagnose me. I just want to talk about belly buttons.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

You wanna talk about belly buttons?...why?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm
It almost sounds like an exposed hurnia but obviously can't be certain, you'll need xrays if there is no external symptoms other than blood. Did you recently consume an abnormally huge quantity of food.

My Mother mentioned this to me when I brought it up while talking to her yesterday. As far as I know I haven't been gaining any weight, is that what you mean by 'rapid expansion'? I assumed she was just saying I was getting fat and I hung up on her. As far as eating, the last week or so I haven't much felt like eating, so I've mostly been munching... crackers, carrots, cookies, half a sandwhich here, maybe a popsicle, little things like that. I have just attributed this to the heat, though.

To Trueman, thank you. I will go to the doctors if any other symptoms arise. As of right now I would rather not - as stated before, and this may sound silly, but unless you're having a heart attack here you will wait sometimes upwards of 12 hours at our hospital. I had a lung collapse once in the waiting room of our hospital because they are so short staffed and didn't have a bed for me. So for stuff like this, I can't bring myself to go in.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
LMAO was my initial thought
second thought was stop picking at it
thirdly if it doesn't stop or get worse get some medical atention my friend

look no one likes going to the dr's but sometimes we must and before your guts spill out of it lol only joking no seriously if you aint going to go to the doc's clean it with some mild salty water and leave well alone and allow the air to get to it so any possible infection drys up but if it lasts go see your dr take care fellow

it gets wierder by the day and now I feel I have nearly heard everything

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a bleeding belly button...a god like physique (alleged)...an irrational fear of doctors....I say it's an alien abduction, mate. and not just an ordinary, average, everyday abduction...you are a host to some carnivorous alien who seems to be eating you from inside out.

hope you make it thru this, but it doesn't look very promising.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
I believe you should go to your doctor or hospital, tell them everything and get checked by pros. This is the UNAVOIDABLE first step you must take. Maybe they won't be able to find the cause of your problem at the beginning, but a blood test will confirm if you lost blood.

Second step, if possible set a camera in your room when you go to sleep. Also, if that happens again, don't clean it. Just go to the hospital on spot.

Blood tests are not used to test for blood loss, nor would anything be different if blood loss occurred. It also sounds as if its visibly obvious that blood loss has occurred. They could be used however to identify any patrons in the body.

Oh, had a thought, have you taken any aspirin, if so, use a different pain med as aspirin is a blood thinner and can cause platelet depletion which can cause the wound to not scab up. This could be why its continuously bleed. I also recommend a doctor visit ASAP.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Please go to the doctor, we shouldn't have to tell you to find common sense. You do not have to die for stupidity, if I'm bleeding and in pain I will be at the hospital. We are not medical professionals and most of us barely know how to microwave a burrito. If you were at GLP somebody would tell you eat a bowl of lucky's charms and pray about it "Lord 'll heal you, don't worry." and bam you die next week.
Please go to the doctor. I know money does not grow on trees but if you need help, you need help. If you're scared of your medical bills piling up, leave the US(if you're in the US)
edit on 8-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Oh, had a thought, have you taken any aspirin, if so, use a different pain med as aspirin is a blood thinner and can cause platelet depletion which can cause the wound to not scab up. This could be why its continuously bleed. I also recommend a doctor visit ASAP.

I actually can't take aspirin I find, so no. I am a bleeder, though - when I take aspirin, the slightest touch will have me breaking out in severe bruising. So I don't even bother with it.

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
a bleeding belly button...a god like physique (alleged)...an irrational fear of doctors....I say it's an alien abduction, mate. and not just an ordinary, average, everyday abduction...you are a host to some carnivorous alien who seems to be eating you from inside out.

hope you make it thru this, but it doesn't look very promising.

Wait a minute... what? I can't believe you would even suggest such a thing. I mean I know this is a conspiracy site but come on. I really DO have a god-like physique.

Originally posted by bauldrick
LMAO was my initial thought
second thought was stop picking at it
thirdly if it doesn't stop or get worse get some medical atention my friend

look no one likes going to the dr's but sometimes we must and before your guts spill out of it lol only joking no seriously if you aint going to go to the doc's clean it with some mild salty water and leave well alone and allow the air to get to it so any possible infection drys up but if it lasts go see your dr take care fellow

it gets wierder by the day and now I feel I have nearly heard everything

Yeah, I started off with salty water and then switched to colloidal silver. I take it when I'm ill, but I also use it on open wounds and such. I thought putting some in there with a q-tip would help at least. Thanks for the post!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinquain

My Mother mentioned this to me when I brought it up while talking to her yesterday. As far as I know I haven't been gaining any weight, is that what you mean by 'rapid expansion'? I assumed she was just saying I was getting fat and I hung up on her. As far as eating, the last week or so I haven't much felt like eating, so I've mostly been munching... crackers, carrots, cookies, half a sandwhich here, maybe a popsicle, little things like that. I have just attributed this to the heat, though.

To Trueman, thank you. I will go to the doctors if any other symptoms arise. As of right now I would rather not - as stated before, and this may sound silly, but unless you're having a heart attack here you will wait sometimes upwards of 12 hours at our hospital. I had a lung collapse once in the waiting room of our hospital because they are so short staffed and didn't have a bed for me. So for stuff like this, I can't bring myself to go in.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!!

No, I was not referring to weight gain as it is too slow of a process to cause lysing (splitting). I was more suggesting that if you had eaten a huge meal your stomach can rapidly expand and cause the stomach to split or the weakest of your abdomen skin to split, this would be the belly button. Weight gain just causes stretch marks but not enough pressure to split.

Have you notice your skin being much drier, this can cause the outer layers of skin to break, probably wouldn't be the belly first though, this would split skin on the hands, feet, lips, and face first. Might you be dehydrated externally. Are your fingernails really long, you could have rolled over onto one and cut yourself. Is there anything on your bed that could poke or stab you, sometimes bed springs become exposed and can puncture the skin.
edit on 8-8-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Let us know if it's fatal.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

No, I was not referring to weight gain as it is too slow of a process to cause lysing (splitting). I was more suggesting that if you had eaten a huge meal your stomach can rapidly expand and cause the stomach to split or the weakest of your abdomen skin to split, this would be the belly button. Weight gain just causes stretch marks but not enough pressure to split.

Have you notice your skin being much drier, this can cause the outer layers of skin to break, probably wouldn't be the belly first though, this would split skin on the hands, feet, lips, and face first. Might you be dehydrated externally. Are your fingernails really long, you could have rolled over onto one and cut yourself. Is there anything on your bed that could poke or stab you, sometimes bed springs become exposed and can puncture the skin.

Dry skin lately - no, though my lips get chapped, but I find Blistex and drinking water keep that under control. Also I should probably man up and stop breathing through my mouth.

I'm a nail biter, right down to the meaty fleshy bits, so no long nails. My bed is made of memory foam? I don't know if there are springs in there. Good ideas, though. Thank you for participating in this thread and not making fun of me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join