It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ditch the U.S

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I dont pretend to be a mind reader. I do however know what I know and I don't need you or anyone else telling me what I do or don't know. The fact is America is in a media blackout and the people of America are not getting the news of the world around them. Its censored and full of idiodic nonsense..
Bottom line is I happen to care about America and many Americans care about the people of all nations that are being murdered,cheated or lied to, etc.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

We are talking economically. Money. Not religion not anything else.

China is the better investment.

Keep your ad-hominem banter for someone who cares, thank you.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Short term mindset. Australians have been saying this since 1990 and before- in fact when analysing certain aspects of Australian conduct from 1989-1993 one could come to the conclusion that Australia predicted American decline before the rest of the world . We have had an oppurtunity for a long period of time to strengthen our economic ties with Asia and join an Asian economic alliance. While we have taken some steps our loyalty to America based on cultural ties has kept us from asserting ourselves as members of the Asian world not just the Asian market.

@TheWalkingFox, I think you may be mistaken by your conception of Australian resources. We have massive natural gas, coal, uranium. iron ore deposits as well as off-shore crude oil reserves. In fact the only reason why we didn't enter a recession when America and Europe did was because Asian growth facilitated the purchase of our natural resources. Rember the period when America was inflamed for selling uranium to China?

We have the resources to sustain ourselves and many are right when they say we should enact policy to support local manafacturing. We definetely should, but we must ensure it is both efficient and relatively competetive compared to foreign goods if tariffs are brought back. or we will see this policy quickly reversed. My memory of Australian production was expensive, unreliable products. In a free market this just won't fly and what more in the long term this will decrease the competetivness of our state in the global market.

<< 1   >>

join