It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what does it mean,,,, "we're on the last pope"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Mod Note: Please don't start a thread with no opening post whatsoever!
edit on 8-8-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

what does it mean????

i've heard it before in christian terms...

but is it true??? (who knows)

but WHY do some people believe this??

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
are you referring to the papal prophecy?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I believe it was a prophecy recorded by a Catholic leader. Don't know much. Can someone help out? I would like to know more! I'm not a Catholic.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu
re you referring to the papal prophecy?
\

sure!!
any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
I believe it was a prophecy recorded by a Catholic leader. Don't know much. Can someone help out? I would like to know more! I'm not a Catholic.

heck YES.. im jewish

lol

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

What a coincidence! I was born Jewish, but grew up agnostic. Weird! Anyhow thanks to the other user for the link!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The last pope has nothing to do with prophecy, so I don't know why people would worry about it. Each pope wears the same miter with the same title on it, and they are each the head of the same beast (Roman Catholic Church/Vatican), so being last has nothing to do with anything.

It would be like saying Obama is the last president of the U.S. It has nothing to do with the bringing about of events; it's just stating a fact- he's the last president... so what!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
reply to post by darrman

What a coincidence! I was born Jewish, but grew up agnostic. Weird! Anyhow thanks to the other user for the link!

btw i cant get any more agnostic---- then a pig in boots......

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
No more popes whatsoever, what is so hard to understand about that ?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hmm...dunno...not really religious...but what's weird is that the " Glory of the olive " is the 111th motto, translation...with 1s popping up everywhere in 2011, it apparently has some significant numerological meaning in the bible aswell...here a little read for those interested:

www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

basically sums up my thoughts

Spanish writer father Benito Jerónimo Feijóo wrote in his Teatro Crítico Universal (1724–1739), in an entry called Purported prophecies, that the ones by Saint Malachy's were a shameful forgery, claiming that they were created ad hoc during the 16th century. As a proof, he offers an accurate fact: that the first time the prophecy is mentioned is on a handwritten account by patriarch Alfonso Chacón (a.k.a Alphonsus Ciacconus, 1540–1599) in 1590 (this account would be later published, in 1595, by the abovementioned historian Arnold de Wyon); in this account, Chacón only comments the prophecies until the papacy of Urban VII (whose papacy only lasted September 1590, and was the current pope at the time Chacón wrote the comment).

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

This is why i have a hard time picking "my religion".
They make us think thing's like this and make sudden actions without putting any logical thought into it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
At the Vatican there is a great hall that is lined with matching framed pictures of all the Popes.
There are 266 plaques that begin on one wall and continue around the room but end in the center of a wall.
When I was there, there were 264 plaques with pictures(John Paul was the last) with two empty. When I inquired as to why it was explained by the tour guide that the church is finite and will come to an end with the final plaque being filled. Benedict is the 265th Pope. By the statement of the Church They believe the end is almost here.
Therefore the statement "we are on our last Pope" means the final Pope before the one that ends. Does that help?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
Hmm...dunno...not really religious...but what's weird is that the " Glory of the olive " is the 111th motto, translation...with 1s popping up everywhere in 2011, it apparently has some significant numerological meaning in the bible aswell...here a little read for those interested:

www.religioustolerance.org...

the "bible code" has been discredited..

www.apollowebworks.com...

www.ableever.net...

edit on 8/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrman
t?? what?? nobody STARS anymore?

Not for threads with no information presented or subject clarification and specificity.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

Yikes...that Russel Glasser dismantled theomatics lol...well...nothing more to add other than...cowabanga.
edit on 8-8-2011 by dude69 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
nostradamus said the last pope would be shot in eastern europe and that the vatican would be nuked in WWIII

libya is close enough...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join