It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travel.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed

Originally posted by Daedal

Originally posted by Daedal

You will still be at the same place, even if you got there quicker.

let's say we both where able to speed through time, except i can do it quicker(hypothetically).

So we go to January 1st, 2012. Ill get there, lets say, a day or two faster, but we will both meet each other at the same date and time.

Okay,agreed.But what if you didn't wait for me.You kept progressing.The gap eventually going from days to weeks,months and years?Even though the destination stays the same I would be way behind you,further and further everyday.
To illustrate another example let's say their is a race,and both of us have been given the points in time or desinations we are to pursure,their are 60 points.We leave at the same time,same day,ect..We know that this race will last years if not decades based on the space between time points.
So we set off.Each of us with exactly the same gear and equipment.When you reach point 20 five years has passed by already,but I am at point 10,and already you have traveled twice the distance.So by the time we reach the last point ,is it fair to say that you would have done it in 15 years,then 25 years later I would finish.
But that's not all.Their is another race to pursue right after you completed the last.Same race,different points,so on and so forth.
Would you in essence be traveling through time faster than I am even though we are at the date,month and year?

edit on 8-8-2011 by Daedal because: Spelling

No i would be traveling through space at a faster rate, not time. Unless i am moving significantly faster than you, then according to Einstein i am actually traveling through time faster. But if we are moving at the same speed, i just happen to have a better route, then we are actually traveling through time at the same rate.

Okay understood.So let's say you were going twice as fast as I was,moving through space quicker,and according to Einstein therefore traveling through time faster as well?Would that be correct?
Take the same scenerio above which you just replied too,and apply the speed variation to it.Would then in essence you be traveling through time faster than me even though we are sharing the same day,month and year?To add to this let's say at each junction or point in reference we would be rewarded with knowledge,how to make a wheel.Then the next point,how to build a wagon,the next,how to use horses to draw the wagon and the one after how to use horses for plowing.
What I am getting at is is it possible that there are people who have accelerated forward at a faster rate than others,doing things more quickly and utilizing time effeciently enough to be far superior and advanced?
The topic in and of it's self is not about time traveling as one would think,such as you referred to using Einsteins theory.But rather utilizing time more effeciently to surpass others in time as we know it to be.
Let's say at point 40 in the above scenerio I have recieved enough knowledge that I can start to suppress and control the amount of knowledge you can get,but all the while I am advancing,years and years beyond you,and far superior in my knowledge,still moving forward,but you have come to a stop or near halt,because you have been restricted.
I hope I am making sense,please forgive me if I sound foolish.Now here is where I think I can tie it together.There's you who has certain knowledge of things,and there's me who has vast knowledge and still progressing forward,unrestricted,but all the while restricting your ability to gain knowledge.I then start devising technology that is able to predict events in the future and bring that knowledge back in time to the present,to utilize as intelligence to stage an outcome.Example:let's say for a year I knew that there was going to be an impact of some sort on Earth and you are unaware.I have taken one years worth of time and brought it to the present time and prepared for it.You on the other hand had no foreknowledge.
As example only:You've heard the saying that our government is decades ahead of us in technology.Are we living the same reality and time they are in or are they in a different dimension inside the same dimension we are in?

How is someone in a different dimension inside of a dimension? Are you saying our government lives in a completely different world and has us stuck in some past?
edit on 12-8-2011 by demonseed because: (no reason given)

After I thought about the question you asked me above,the first one that is.What I mean by dimension could be better said by further explaining what I was trying to say.I didn't mean dimension as it is relative to space and time,but dimensions of our mind and our consciousness relative to how we percieve our present.
What we have that enables us to communicate across the world,is our link in space to another point in time.Whether it is a phone or computer.These technologies make-up the world we live in and percieve to be the present.Example question:Will knocking out these technologies put us in the Stone Age?
Exactly what is Now for me and you is past for someone else.Depends on experience and technological advancement.We all share the same space in time but yet we are not all sharing the same ticks of the clock.We only know time because of our intelligence and what we we're told time was.Do I believe there are others be it few who have more intelligence and advanced technologies and communications?Yes.Do I think they would view us as behind them in intelligence and advancements?Yes.
So no I don't believe that they are in some other world,but rather a different dimension of awareness ahead of our understanding.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
You lost out! You pass thru time faster. But get there at the same time as me?
I have travelled in time more than you. I enjoy more time. You just skip it.
Is you look at a clock and count the seconds Time seems slow.
But if you do some thing you enjoy That you are totally focus on.
Time seems to go very fast. So a mental state can effect time.
Gravity can make time fast or slow. They put a atomic clock in a deep mine.
And one it space. When they put them together later.
The one from space was slow! It does not warp time.
If you have a pendulumisum clock.
The swinging pendulumisum moves faster with more gravity.
? some thing like that?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
You lost out! You pass thru time faster. But get there at the same time as me?
I have travelled in time more than you. I enjoy more time. You just skip it.
Is you look at a clock and count the seconds Time seems slow.
But if you do some thing you enjoy That you are totally focus on.
Time seems to go very fast. So a mental state can effect time.
Gravity can make time fast or slow. They put a atomic clock in a deep mine.
And one it space. When they put them together later.
The one from space was slow! It does not warp time.
If you have a pendulumisum clock.
The swinging pendulumisum moves faster with more gravity.
? some thing like that?

How did I skip time?I do agree that a mental state can induce time slips.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What do u think of this, i found it in comments on some article about time travel, but guy who made this comment really made me wonder about universe and reality: (i posted this on 2 other topics here, which are related to this subject)

You can't go faster than the speed of light because the speed of light is not a «speed», it is a «refresh rate». Matter is Energy and Energy is intermittent. There, not there. The refresh rate of matter is the speed of light. Imagine a clip on youtube, whether the apparent movement is fast or slow, pixels are refreshed at 72Hz (or so). Matter doesn't actually move, it appears at one pleace and reappears at a slightly different place giving the illusion that is has moved, but in reality each piece of matter teleports itself from one place to another all the time. You don't need a College degree to understand that. So time travel doesn't happen when the energy is present, it happens when the energy/matter is absent. Beyond space, beyond time, in the realm of forms. Imagine a perfect sphere, while your're in the office. Then imagine it again when you are at home. The perfect sphere form was not affected at all by your displacement in time or space. Because it exists in a different realm. In fact the perfect sphere form would still exist if the universe didn't exit, if the Big Bang had never happened. The same way as the human conscious mind goes back to the inconscious and collective mind thousands of times per second to try and make sense of it all, the individual particle goes back to the primal goo 4 to seven times per attosecond to refill the energy. What we perceive is the expression of a meaning. General semantics warned against mixing an object with its name. The expression is not the meaning, but if you study the medium long enough, you eventually get the message.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Ok, here goes... Time is the distance between any two points. The process of getting from one pint to the other is called " change ". Now, when you " change " from one point to another you are traveling through " distance ". We called all of this, " time ".

Time is best measured by light, that is, the wave. For instance, not all light travels through the distance at the same speed. To say this is a fallacy. There are " microwaves " which have small waves and then there are those on the other end of the spectrum who's waves are long and broad.

Now, while they both leave the start point and come to the end point at the exact same process of completed change. The " microwaves " have had to travel more than the long waves because of the difference. It's like an adult walking with a child half their own size. They walk together, and arrive at the same time. But the child will take more steps than the adult. So if the child were the " Microwave " you could see the difference.

But what does this mean for you and me. It means that time is a barrier, a speed limit sign on the process of " change." If I could travel through " distance " at light speed, the universe would suddenly speed up and I would see to slow down. But only because of the amount of speed through the " distance ". However, neither has changed that much at all, except position.

Since all things vibrate at the atomic and quantum level, it is apparent that slowing or speeding the rate of " change " will allow for time travel. As a partial proof though very primitive I give you " frozen food ". Food stored at a cold temperate will decay slower, and if frozen, even slower than than. What happened ? The atoms contracted an the distances between them became less. So the more atoms are excited the faster they decay.

Now for time travel. To do this, one would have to be encapsulated with a separation barrier that did not effect the person. The capsule would then have to somehow have all of it's atoms slowed to almost stop. The capsule would them break away from normal change and slip out of step with the universe around it. The person inside would be unaffected. But this is no easy task as it would take a lot of power to create the force necessary to do this.

To go forward in time (change), speed up the atoms. To slow fall behind the time process, slow the atoms down.

And to show that time does indeed change from the past to the future, I say, observe the process of light waves etc. It is there where the answer is.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Forget the physicists' notion of time and time travel. It's irrelevant. They understand NOTHING about the actual nature of time.

Instead, ask Patrice Chaplin, international playwright, author and first wife of Charlie Chaplin's son, Michael, whether passing through a portal and traveling into the past is possible. A private Spanish society has guarded this Kabbalist secret for hundreds of years. It's the source of the famous Rennes-le-Chateau mystery, which her well-documented revelations have blown wide open. Read her amazing and beautifully written books "Secrets of Girona" and "The Portal." Here's her Facebook page:
www.facebook.com...
To wet your appetite so that you at least take this seriously, for there is a HUGE body of documentary evidence supporting Chaplin's story, here's a painting done in 1965 by famous Surrealist artist Salvador Dali, whom Patrice Chaplin knew, which depicts his passage through the time-traveling portal as a result of his initiation by the Spanish society, which is centred in the Spanish city of Girona, not far from Perpignan, where Dali lived in the 1960s:
www.facebook.com...

This man, Jose Tarres, well-known in Catalonia, is the custodian of the ancient society and is said to have traveled through the portal, which is located on the summit of Mount Canigou but accessed only by undergoing an exacting ritual lasting many days (described by Chaplin in her "The Portal"):

The priest Berenger Sauniere built the "Tour Magdala" in his church at Rennes-le-Chateau as a replica of the one behind the cathedral in Girona (now demolished) in order to re-activate the portal. THIS is the source of the Grail legend. Everything else was just a romantic fiction. Read Chaplin and you will at last find the truth.

Tarres has never spoken before in public about himself. This was the first time he has been filmed (he spoke in Spanish and French). He was Patrice Chaplin's lover for some years (she says that they are "soul mates" who met in previous lives).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join